Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: Des to sign new contract next week???

ChErRy EvAnZ said:
OneEyedEagle said:
MrInvisible said:
Bulldogs media conference due towards end of week should clear up some things.

Media conference, what to explain what really happened on your mad monday.... Which hotel did your team trash again or what drinking hole did you get thrown out of.

lets not buy into media stories we all know how they unfairly dmg clubs oneye, i am also nervous that dimock is signing for 1...

Your team the scumdogs don't need the media to damage them they do a good enough job on their own.

Now get back to your own kennel cherry you have a jihad to plan agaisnt the rorters in 2012 @ the SFS.

swoop said:
I not worried if it's only Des that goes, but if Crusher and up to 5 players go then we're in trouble. The 4 or 5 players I'm talking about apparently have a get out clause if Des goes.

Yep, I heard this too and that's what worries me. Who are the 5 players who have a get out clause if Des goes? I know one of them is Snake.
Also if Des goes, who's he going to take with him as he's got a lot of good people - including Crusher - working for him?

Des going is one thing but who else is going with him is a major concern.

RE: I reckon Des should maybe go

You say that your heart is with Hasler staying, but your actions say the opposite. Based on your previous postings, and this one, you don't want Hasler to stay at Manly, bazeagle.

There had to be one person calling themselves a Manly fan, somewhere, that doesn't want Des to stay. Maybe you just don't like Manly winning premierships?

Bazeagle might be the only Manly fan in the world who wants Gallop to stay and Des to go :huh:
And let's face it, winning premierships all the time does get a bit boring :D

thought that too, but where would those 4/5 players go. I wouldn't think they would all be able to slot in at the bulldogs, would there be room? would they have to take a pay cut? would they go elsewhere, including overseas?

Will you people please calm down we have just won our 8th premiership and this is all we have to talk about. Des is a man of great integrity and honesty. If was going to sign up with the Dogs he wouldnt be coaching us next season. He has said he IS coaching us next year and is in negotiations to extend end of story. Forget the Dogs he is not going there or ever will. He will coach Manly till he has had enough of coaching full stop end of argument. If he had major problems with Manly board/management he wouldn't hang around for another season before moving on. Des is not that sort of man. I'm sure he has/had disagreements with the board/owners but if it was unworkable he would be gone straight away.

RE: Anyone but the dogs

Not all Bulldogs fans are this dysfunctional.

The most well adjusted Bulldogs fans stay in the Kennel sharing delight at the prospect of Des going there.

Only the most dysfunctional ones come here seeking to spread their inner misery.

Firstly you want us to lay off Gallop, now you think Des should go? Baz, I'm starting to wonder if you are even a Manly fan at all.

mickqld said:
Will you people please calm down we have just won our 8th premiership and this is all we have to talk about. Des is a man of great integrity and honesty. If was going to sign up with the Dogs he wouldnt be coaching us next season. He has said he IS coaching us next year and is in negotiations to extend end of story. Forget the Dogs he is not going there or ever will. He will coach Manly till he has had enough of coaching full stop end of argument. If he had major problems with Manly board/management he wouldn't hang around for another season before moving on. Des is not that sort of man. I'm sure he has/had disagreements with the board/owners but if it was unworkable he would be gone straight away.

Well said. Totally agreed.

RE: Anyone but the dogs

torana355 said:
ChErRy EvAnZ said:
if Des goes nd takes playas wif him i will cry, why dont we have more money then da dogs wen we jus won the premiership

Ya haf to do more den win premierships to be financially successfuls. :p

Do youse lifs in Belmorz 2?

If des goes, den we kan getz ChErRy EvAnZ haff bak brudda G-funk 2veys to Koach da boyz! he'll haf to kwit NRMA DiRecta roll. but we should be sweet!

manlyslam said:
mickqld said:

Well said. Totally agreed.

Yeah I second that. Even though I was bricking it earlier today, I thought about it and there is a reason players love Des so much is because he is a man of his word and his integrity. Des said its purely speculation the other day then I believe him. If he is lying i will never believe anyone in footy ever again.

Hasler set to sign new deal with Sea Eagles
Adrian Proszenko
October 7, 2011

EXCLUSIVE
ipad-art-wide-Des-Hasler-thumb-420x0.jpg

Staying put ... Des Hasler is set to sign a three-year extention to his to his contract with Manly. Photo: Getty Images

DES HASLER isn't going anywhere. He is poised to sign a three-year extension with Manly which, with bonuses, is worth more than $1 million a season.

Sea Eagles powerbrokers and Hasler have a ''handshake'' agreement after the deal was tabled this week. The parties will meet again tomorrow to finalise the terms and an official announcement is expected early next week.

Given that Hasler is already contracted for next season, the two-time premiership-winning coach will effectively be locked in until the end of 2015, becoming the club's longest-serving coach.

The development effectively ends Canterbury's attempts to poach Hasler. The Bulldogs had offered him $750,000 a season, preferably as soon as next year.

However, that was never likely to happen given Hasler's public pledge after last Sunday's grand final triumph that: ''I'll be at Manly next year'', and confirmation from Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn that the 50-year-old activated an option in his contract to stay at Brookvale for next season.

The Bulldogs are now likely to appoint Jim Dymock as coach.

Following the premiership-winning squad's civic reception and parade from Brookvale Oval to the Novotel in Manly yesterday, the team joined sponsors, board members and guests for lunch at Le Kiosk at Shelly Beach. The gathering of 60 paying guests got their money's worth when MC John Gibbs interviewed Hasler. The coach confirmed he would remain at Brookvale for 2012 but. when Gibbs pressed him about his intentions beyond that, the coach channelled Jerry Maguire, declaring: ''Show me the money!''

Hasler told fans at the parade how proud he was of his players.

''This week has been full of wonderful memories many players will cherish for a long time,'' he said. ''On behalf of the players, this is a small gesture to say thank you.''

Hasler's stock has further risen since Manly's grand final triumph and the new deal reflects his worth.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/hasler-set-to-sign-new-deal-with-sea-eagles-20111006-1lbu0.html

That's great to hear but I would rather hear that he has actually signed the contract.

Jethro said:
That's great to hear but I would rather hear that he has actually signed the contract.

Agree Jethro. It was interesting to hear Penn interviewed on Channel 10 last night saying they wouldn't get into a bidding war for Hasler's services. Now we have a story saying he is being offered $1 mil per year!

I'm wondering if:

1. The story has been planted to try and keep the Dogs at bay (couldn't resist); or
2. Some of that reputed fee is actually to bolster salaries/resources of support staff for the lower grades - an area that Des has apparently expressed concern over.

Des leaving was a bigger concern for me, than hoppa going. This is the best news for the club. Sponsors will hopefully find the premiers a lot more attractive while Des is around.

Outstanding. If we do lock Des up until 2015, I am going to have to start saving for all the finals we are going to win

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6