Des - Merged Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: I reckon Des should maybe go

wtf_wtf12_1.jpg

FAIL

Ban him^^ Haha. If he DOES go i'd love to see toovs and cliffy get the gig. Wouldnt take them long. both have ourstanding footy brains. I hope dessie stays because the day he leaves will be a dark, dark day for the club. By far one of the best coaches ever

The key element to Dessie's success as a coach is that the players have complete and utter respect for him. That's not because of how he coaches, it is because of who he is. He is quite a unique individual, and far more to this club - and the players - than simply 'the coach'.

We can't keep him forever, much as we'd love to. When he leaves it will be on his terms, and I'm sure it won't be without due regard for the best interests of the Manly club and his players.

This is a well timed run for idiot of the year this thread is

I might beat it in the cricket section calling for Watson to be removed from the team and getting him to be replaced by.....Marcus North perhaps with bat and ball skills

The Eagle said:
This is a well timed run for idiot of the year this thread is

I might beat it in the cricket section calling for Watson to be removed from the team and getting him to be replaced by.....Marcus North perhaps with bat and ball skills

With the likes of Cherry Evans,Foran,Wolfman,Mauro,Lussick,Oldfield and all the rest of our team why would dessie leave... NO CHANCE

Didn't Hasler say he didn't want to be a career coach when he originally got the gig? What makes a career coach? Coaching at more than one club, or coaching for more than a few seasons?
Maybe next year will be his last season as an NRL coach altogether. Has anyone considered that as an option?

I do remeber Des saying he wanted to be a coach like Bennett who at that time had been at the broncos for about 18 years at that stage. I think career coach back then meant the opposite not a club hopping coach like the term refers to now. Ironically Des was much like Dymock an un-tried assistant when he took over from Sharp. I still remember being proud of him cause he was the Blues trainer in around 2002 and he was an ex Manly player.

RE: Anyone but the dogs

Lets just be happy Des is here for 2012 - & you know what, if he is going & man enough to put it on the table for all the Manly fans to see I will wish him well. Whatever way Des go's as long as he is honouable to the players & fans without blatent lies, I will wish this bloke the best.

torana355 said:
ChErRy EvAnZ said:
if Des goes nd takes playas wif him i will cry, why dont we have more money then da dogs wen we jus won the premiership

Ya haf to do more den win premierships to be financially successfuls. :p

I hate having to read things twice because my "gansta" is not good!! :mad:

RE: Solution to keep Des Hasler

Bellamy will be at the scumdogs in 2013, he misses those brown paper bags his mum used to pack him for lunch each month.

Greenburg has promised not only bellyache will receive his monthly lunch in a brown paper bag but its rumoured that Smith will also follow him there in 2013 followed by Cronk in 2014, Slatter in 2016 and wait for it, Inglis to request a early release from the vermin to join the scumdogs in 2013 as they miss bellyaches mothers lunch to. It’s not out in the open but what has persuaded Inglis was the fact that he would receive 2 lunch bags each month.

Laughing my ass off. When I was a whipper snapper all I heard from manly fans was we NEVER lose a player or coach we want to keep, fast forward 25 years and the club is broke 2 private owners who are not in the same league as Tinkler or Palmer ( gold coast united owner) and you lose a 19 year old and now can't find the money to sign your coach and recruitment manager. How the mighty have fallen lol. Dud ground no money and the coach and players can't wait to leave. T.Williams yet to sign a new contract and he is now a rep player so you can't afford him. 2 words for your club chook raffle, how many times have we seen these grand designs for the new ground and yet we all know nothing will get built. LMFAO:cool:

bob dylan said:
Let him go if he wants.

I saw Fulton go in 77 and in 78 Manly were Premiers.

Life goes on.

You are dreaming in 77 and 78 Manly were rolling in money so they could lose Fulton and still have a top team the truth is in 2011 you have no money and Des can't wait to get out and the silence coming out of the club is deafening. Mr private school boy with red face is looking foolish

OneEyedEagle said:
Bellamy will be at the scumdogs in 2013

Keep typing it and you may even convince yourself

bazeagle said:
The thing is, from his perspective, what more can he achieve?
More Premierships, obviously.
But for him could it be he needs a new challenge?
A new club?
Must be tempting.
I reckon he should probably go, much as I respect him and my heart wants him to stay.
Everyone and everything has it's time. Maybe Des's time is done at Manly.

"A new challenge" is code for "more money".

Is Back to Back a challenge? Is a Threepeat a challenge? Is beating the Dragons' 11 premierships in a row a challenge?

There are plenty of challenges here. Wake up Baz. Like Hoppa, if he goes it will be for the money.

I won't disrespect him for leaving, but if he comes out with that "challenge" bullsh!t that will do me .

amrak said:
Laughing my ass off. When I was a whipper snapper all I heard from manly fans was we NEVER lose a player or coach we want to keep, fast forward 25 years and the club is broke 2 private owners who are not in the same league as Tinkler or Palmer ( gold coast united owner) and you lose a 19 year old and now can't find the money to sign your coach and recruitment manager. How the mighty have fallen lol. Dud ground no money and the coach and players can't wait to leave. T.Williams yet to sign a new contract and he is now a rep player so you can't afford him. 2 words for your club chook raffle, how many times have we seen these grand designs for the new ground and yet we all know nothing will get built. LMFAO:cool:
Hope you liked the grand final victory as much as me buddy haha
What are you doing on this site anyway???
Ahhh I get it, you follow a team of duds so your jumping on the victorious Seaeagles bandwagon support bus - welcome aboard!! hahaha
:D

conanu said:
I do remeber Des saying he wanted to be a coach like Bennett who at that time had been at the broncos for about 18 years at that stage.
I remember reading the same thing where he said he wanted to build a dynasty Bennett style. Now that he has built it I can't see him giving the keys to someone else.

I am confident he will stay (almost as confident as I was that the Storm would get the spoon) :)

amrak said:

Name a big name player apart from Hoppa that has left Manly for another NRL club in the past 5-10 years (and don't embarrass yourself and say Dogkinson) - there is none.

Players come to Manly and get the Maroon and White in their blood and retire a Manly man, or they head off to the UK to get the big payday they deserve...............our record for keeping players would be second to none I reckon.

Amrak how many aliases are you going to go through? I am guessing as long as you keep getting bites?

I must say i preferred you as Reggie than your current role

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4