DCE to sharks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gavin Orr was talking to Gibbsy on 2ue after todays shop around. He didn't sound at all positive about anything with the Sharks and he basically said that DCE was just checking all of his options before he makes a decision. He said "MANLY ARE STILL IN THERE FIGHTING". So i am taking that as they are pushing for more cash but I think he may have realised there wont be anymore money.
Good, I hope somebody punches him in the nose.

Mate, his brother, closest mate was stiffed by the club. When Manly first offered him a contact he said he would only come as as a double act with Glenn. What do you think has changed?
He's an adult now! That initial comment is good if you're signing on at 16 but nearing 30 saying the same thing would make you look pretty pathetic.

The Sharks are almost as bad as the Titans. They have only had a full time ceo for a year. I remember Bruno Cullen shaking his head at how bad the joint was (nrl appointed him as administrator). If Dce goes there I feel very sorry for him. They reappointed the coach who had no idea if his club's supplement program, doctor resigned in disgust etc.

One of the best sports administrators in Australian sport is CEO now, they are on the up. Again, do your research.

Not as is you guys have a happy board room btw. Toovey on the nose as well.

Glass houses and all that.

One of the best sports administrators in Australian sport is CEO now, they are on the up. Again, do your research.

Not as is you guys have a happy board room btw. Toovey on the nose as well.

Glass houses and all that.
Nah Sharky - he's an ex Sydney King. Couldn't win a thing as a player even with the D-Train so he brings a loser mentality to the club - PERFECT FIT!

Also, what do you do when you blow through the ten mill from the development? Sell the field? You have a finite amount of cash, no sponsor, a grub captain, hooker and 5/8, a joke coach who oversaw a roid program, no trophies... Am I missing something?

Nah Sharky - he's an ex Sydney King. Couldn't win a thing as a player even with the D-Train so he brings a loser mentality to the club - PERFECT FIT!

Also, what do you do when you blow through the ten mill from the development? Sell the field? You have a finite amount of cash, no sponsor, a grub captain, hooker and 5/8, a joke coach who oversaw a roid program, no trophies... Am I missing something?

You're missing something alright. Lyall Gorman is CEO, not Keogh. As far as I know Lyall didn't play for the Kings.

You're missing something alright. Lyall Gorman is CEO, not Keogh. As far as I know Lyall didn't play for the Kings.

Thought it was Keogh and Dean Utoff. Anyway, well done. Cronulla, definitely on the up. When you come last, not many other ways to go...

Yes, you're missing the time the Sharkies won that.. you know..umm, well then there was um...hang-on, I remember they definitely won the something cup, oh hang-on no that was Manly...hmm no actually you aren't - as you were then.

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he decides, you can't blame DCE for meeting with other clubs who are offering him boatloads of money. Are you trying to tell me that if a competitor rang you up offering you 25-50% more money than your current employer that you wouldn't meet them to listen to their offer? Let's just hope he makes the right decision.

meet with them at the end of last year or 3-4 weeks ago not when league media is just hitting overdrive 10 days before the season kickoff. ITS EMBARRASSING to the supporters who pay money to see you.

I wouldn't invite my boss to watch me negotiate to go elsewhere

One of the best sports administrators in Australian sport is CEO now
That's a high claim on Gorman. He did good things at the Mariners, but I find it hard to credit him too much with what happened in Western Sydney. Nobody expected it to explode like that and nobody did anything spectacular, the region just reacted really well to a football team. Not saying he didn't do good things, but he'll never have a team like WSW again.
Still, he's a thousand times better than Steve Noyce. And despite my abhorrence of your club I do think Cronulla are taking the right steps.
Hands off DCE, please.

Mate, his brother, closest mate was stiffed by the club. When Manly first offered him a contact he said he would only come as as a double act with Glenn. What do you think has changed?

lol @Jerry1 read this http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...owing-departures/story-fnp0lyn3-1227184912019

time gives people perspective. and quotes are real evidence. If he says he's never asked for a release just take his word for it and don't perpetuate rumours and instability.

That's a high claim on Gorman. He did good things at the Mariners, but I find it hard to credit him too much with what happened in Western Sydney. Nobody expected it to explode like that and nobody did anything spectacular, the region just reacted really well to a football team. Not saying he didn't do good things, but he'll never have a team like WSW again.
Still, he's a thousand times better than Steve Noyce. And despite my abhorrence of your club I do think Cronulla are taking the right steps.
Hands off DCE, please.

Yes definitely taking the right steps. We'll never be a power club but we won't be a weak club for much longer.

On DCE, as someone posted I don't have an issue with players shopping themselves around. League is a tough sport, a career doesn't last long and can be cut short in a second. They have to look after themselves financially. I wouldn't particularly like a Sharks player doing it publicly (unless it was Blake Ayshford or Jeff Robson) but it's hard not to be found out these days, everyone has a camera in their pocket.

Yes definitely taking the right steps. We'll never be a power club but we won't be a weak club for much longer.

On DCE, as someone posted I don't have an issue with players shopping themselves around. League is a tough sport, a career doesn't last long and can be cut short in a second. They have to look after themselves financially. I wouldn't particularly like a Sharks player doing it publicly (unless it was Blake Ayshford or Jeff Robson) but it's hard not to be found out these days, everyone has a camera in their pocket.

how would you feel if gal or fafita were touring manly to sign for 2 years time because even that is allowed under the nrl's stupid rules.

P.S as I've said in another thread they will make more in the next contract than the average aussie earns in a lifetime. Remember that before you pass that hat around to 'secure' their future. They don't finish league crippled and never work again either. Geez if a hack like fitler can commentate anyone can

The thing is Sharky, it wasn't as though they coincidently found DCE arriving yesterday. The media were there before even he was, so it was an obvious tip off by his management which doesn't paint the situation in a good light.

Yep either the Sharks ( most likely) or the manager, both would have seen a benefit in doing so.

The thing is Sharky, it wasn't as though they coincidently found DCE arriving yesterday. The media were there before even he was, so it was an obvious tip off by his management which doesn't paint the situation in a good light.

Oh I agree mate, it's definitely Orr doing it. Btw, DCE is at the Bulldogs as we speak.

Oh I agree mate, it's definitely Orr doing it. Btw, DCE is at the Bulldogs as we speak.

There was an article in RL week the other day that Orr stated the DCE has expressed he is not interested in the Dogs.

So if he is there than it just shows how useless Orr is.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6