DCE to sharks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh I agree mate, it's definitely Orr doing it. Btw, DCE is at the Bulldogs as we speak.
Quite possibly but how on earth can the Dogs fit DCE or Foz in their cap with the roster they have?

Their forward pack alone would cost close to the cap then rep players Hodko, Reynolds, J.Morris, B.Morris.

NRL is a joke & I for one am close to getting off this ride once & for all.

Quite possibly but how on earth can the Dogs fit DCE or Foz in their cap with the roster they have?

Their forward pack alone would cost close to the cap then rep players Hodko, Reynolds, J.Morris, B.Morris.

NRL is a joke & I for one am close to getting off this ride once & for all.

I'm assuming they'd flick Hodko, if of course he agreed to it. He'd find another club easily enough.

One of the best sports administrators in Australian sport is CEO now, they are on the up. Again, do your research.

Not as is you guys have a happy board room btw. Toovey on the nose as well.

Glass houses and all that.
Identify one part of my post that isn't true and backed by research. I'll quote it again below for you.

"The Sharks are almost as bad as the Titans. They have only had a full time ceo for a year. I remember Bruno Cullen shaking his head at how bad the joint was (nrl appointed him as administrator). If Dce goes there I feel very sorry for him. They reappointed the coach who had no idea of his club's supplement program, doctor resigned in disgust etc."

Let's help DCE decide between Manly and the Sharks... They would seriously have to pay double for him to even entertain the idea.

Coaching
Manly

Head coach Geoff Toovey – Winning percentage 60%, Finished in top 4 every year so far including 1 GF appearance, premiership winning captain, represented NSW and Australia, 248 first grade games for Manly, chartered accountant and NRMA board member
Assistant coach Andrew Johns – The Eighth Immortal, won 3 Daly M medals, 1 Clive Churchill and 2 Golden Boots, 2 x premiership winner, represented NSW and Australia in DCE's position, 249 first grade games for Newcastle.
Sharks
Head coach Shane Flanagan – Winning percentage 44%, finished 7th in 2012 and 5th in 2013 before being suspended at the end of 2013 for overseeing a performance enhancing drug program, played 78 first grade games for St George, Wests & Parra
Assistant Coach Steve Price – Sacked from St George after taking over a premiership winning team and recording a winning percentage of 36% between 2012-2014, played 12 first grade games for St George and Balmain

Success

Manly

8 premierships (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978,1987, 1996, 2008, 2011)
9 minor premierships ( (1971, 1972, 1973, 1976,1983, 1987, 1995, 1996, 1997)
1 world club challenge (2009)
3 World Sevens championships (1990, 1994, 1995)
2 Amco Cups (1982, 1983)
0 wooden spoons
Sharks
1 Amco Cup (1979)
3 wooden spoons (1967, 1969, 2014)

Connections

Manly

Vessa's family and friends, most of DCE's Sydney based mates you would imagine, including Buhrer
Sharks
Ben " I swear I didn't hit her I just need a 2 week rehab stint for my gambling problem – I wish I signed with the Titans but at least here I am close to the EBC here " Barba

Regardless of whether you agree or not with the way this is playing out with Cherry Evans I do know one thing.In my 40 years of watching rugby league I have NEVER seen a senior player visit club after club in front of a willing media with 9 DAYS to go before the season kicks off while contracted to play for his current club for another season.. I personally don't care about the result any more as I see positives in retaining DCE and positives in not having so much invested in a very good player but not a great player(as yet). If anyone can give me an example even close to this fiasco given our first game is days away I would love to hear it. And this will I/wont I from two players who constantly referred to the fact that unrest was a serious problem last year and needed to be addressed early for the sake of the club .Get on with it boys. You are embarrassing a great club who have given you everything in your career thus far.

In a more general sense it makes the game itself look totally ridiculous with players who are required to put in 100 per cent for an entire year with the club they are contracted to while making it absolutely obvious they are happy to leave. This is not so much about DCE or Foran;it is more about another totally ridiculous system put in place by a the NRL idiot factory

Last edited:
I've been of the opinion (and given I'm god that opinion MUST be correct) that we should sneak in and steal TH from the bulldogs for awhile he's off contract too, pretty much beat us in the semi on one leg and we should let DCE go. TH would be half the money DCE wants and the additional money could be better spent strengthening the forward pack for a better end result and gets rid of some hostility in the playing group. Let the whiny gen y kid go already.

Fact of the matter is paying two players almost 2.5m a season is ridiculous salary cap management. One has to go IMO. Foran stays.

Let's help DCE decide between Manly and the Sharks... They would seriously have to pay double for him to even entertain the idea.

Coaching
Manly

Head coach Geoff Toovey – Winning percentage 60%, Finished in top 4 every year so far including 1 GF appearance, premiership winning captain, represented NSW and Australia, 248 first grade games for Manly, chartered accountant and NRMA board member
Assistant coach Andrew Johns – The Eighth Immortal, won 3 Daly M medals, 1 Clive Churchill and 2 Golden Boots, 2 x premiership winner, represented NSW and Australia in DCE's position, 249 first grade games for Newcastle.
Sharks
Head coach Shane Flanagan – Winning percentage 44%, finished 7th in 2012 and 5th in 2013 before being suspended at the end of 2013 for overseeing a performance enhancing drug program, played 78 first grade games for St George, Wests & Parra
Assistant Coach Steve Price – Sacked from St George after taking over a premiership winning team and recording a winning percentage of 36% between 2012-2014, played 12 first grade games for St George and Balmain

Success

Manly

8 premierships (1972, 1973, 1976, 1978,1987, 1996, 2008, 2011)
9 minor premierships ( (1971, 1972, 1973, 1976,1983, 1987, 1995, 1996, 1997)
1 world club challenge (2009)
3 World Sevens championships (1990, 1994, 1995)
2 Amco Cups (1982, 1983)
0 wooden spoons
Sharks
1 Amco Cup (1979)
3 wooden spoons (1967, 1969, 2014)

Connections

Manly

Vessa's family and friends, most of DCE's Sydney based mates you would imagine, including Buhrer
Sharks
Ben " I swear I didn't hit her I just need a 2 week rehab stint for my gambling problem – I wish I signed with the Titans but at least here I am close to the EBC here " Barba

Toovs inherited a gun side from Des, Flanno inherited a rabble from Sticky. I'm not saying Flanno is a good coach, I don't think he is. But there's no doubt that Des built your team, easy job for Toovs.

On success....I admire you guys and am envious of your success. It's no secret we haven't had any. I doubt a top class player gives a toss about that, they look at the current playing list more than the past.

Toovs inherited a gun side from Des, Flanno inherited a rabble from Sticky. I'm not saying Flanno is a good coach, I don't think he is. But there's no doubt that Des built your team, easy job for Toovs.

On success....I admire you guys and am envious of your success. It's no secret we haven't had any. I doubt a top class player gives a toss about that, they look at the current playing list more than the past.
You are kidding if you think Tooves walked into an easy job!

Des walked from countless back ended contracts & political infighting at board level to name just a couple of issues.

He's done a remarkable job in the circumstances & is a club legend unlike the other bloke.

Your coach is ok but a transient blow in with a now blemished record.

Sharks can't employ club legends as their coach because they're as rare as their premierships!

Please don't embarrass yourself by comparing the Sharks roster to ours!

One thing is a constant, Manly will continue to be successful & the Sharks a laughing stock regardless of where DCE goes or who else the clubs sign in future.

You are kidding if you think Tooves walked into an easy job!

Des walked from countless back ended contracts & political infighting at board level to name just a couple of issues.

He's done a remarkable job in the circumstances & is a club legend unlike the other bloke.

Your coach is ok but a transient blow in with a now blemished record.

Sharks can't employ club legends as their coach because they're as rare as their premierships!

Please don't embarrass yourself by comparing the Sharks roster to ours!

One thing is a constant, Manly will continue to be successful & the Sharks a laughing stock regardless of where DCE goes or who else the clubs sign in future.
I'm not comparing our roster to yours, that was quite obvious, yeah? Yours is far better. We'll see if you continue to be successful, the next week or two will be telling.

It's nothing but a joke, and making our club a laughing stock in the NRL.
What's the clubs response? nothing they should have released a media statement today announcing they have withdrawn the offer. DCE and the club are coming of bad. Why are we so desperate piss him off and get another kid that wants the privilege 2 represent us.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8