DCE to sharks?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get the feeling that if he was so keen to leave he would have been just like Merrin and said " I won't be at Manly next year" (st George in merrins case) and found somewhere else. I have been tweeting Neil Evans who seems very tight with some of the players and he is of the opinion that Foz is gone. Would he have inside info? Quite possibly. In the end it is what it is and I wonder if I could be arsed going to watch this season. Hopefully the season launch brings some type of news for the fans

He'd have to know more than Foran's manager, because he came out this week and publicly stated that they were not fielding offers from clubs until Foran is certain he will leave Manly.

attention Foz and DCE ,can you please get this sorted soon,like real soon. You know this effects us fans as well you know. WE havent had a good off season or preseason for a few years,and what happens next effects how our season pans out too you know,yeah yeah it does.

I think this is bang on the money. The reason a lot of us get so wound up about this is precisely because it feels like a continuation of the ****storm Hasler (at Greenberg's encouragement) unleashed when he left in such bitter, acrimonious circumstances. The rest of the rugby league world has been gleefully death riding us, waiting for the inevitable collapse, ever since - and so despite still being very successful on the field, we're constantly told Manly is a club on the slide. Eventually the naysayers will have their way.
And for someone who's supposedly so media savvy, it astounds me that DCMe doesn't see that parading himself around (hand in hand not just with his pretty wife but also with his anything-but-pretty manager) like the most popular girl at the dance doesn't really go down that well with the fans of his current club.
I don't want to see him being taken to lunch in the Shire. I don't want to see him in the social pages (anyone else see that and quietly vomit in their own mouth?) I want to see him training hard for the club who's currently paying his wage.
I'd also like to see him play some consistently good footy. There were sparks of it last year, but he was nowhere near the kind of player he'll need to be to make him worth anywhere near the kind of money that's being talked about.
I may well be old fashioned - sure, rugby league is "a business" and he's entitled to test the market. And he may well re-sign with us and go on to be bigger and better than ever. But he's lost me as a fan regardless.
I look at Foran and I see a guy who's genuinely torn about his future. You can tell something's eating away inside him. It's written all over his face. For some reason or other he's not as happy as he should be. He's being pulled in different directions and part of his indecision is probably because loyalty is a big part of his makeup. He might stay, he might go. But he's not out there lapping up the attention and "enjoying the process". And I won't lose any respect for him no matter what he decides to do.

I think this is bang on the money. The reason a lot of us get so wound up about this is precisely because it feels like a continuation of the ****storm Hasler (at Greenberg's encouragement) unleashed when he left in such bitter, acrimonious circumstances. The rest of the rugby league world has been gleefully death riding us, waiting for the inevitable collapse, ever since - and so despite still being very successful on the field, we're constantly told Manly is a club on the slide. Eventually the naysayers will have their way.
And for someone who's supposedly so media savvy, it astounds me that DCMe doesn't see that parading himself around (hand in hand not just with his pretty wife but also with his anything-but-pretty manager) like the most popular girl at the dance doesn't really go down that well with the fans of his current club.
I don't want to see him being taken to lunch in the Shire. I don't want to see him in the social pages (anyone else see that and quietly vomit in their own mouth?) I want to see him training hard for the club who's currently paying his wage.
I'd also like to see him play some consistently good footy. There were sparks of it last year, but he was nowhere near the kind of player he'll need to be to make him worth anywhere near the kind of money that's being talked about.
I may well be old fashioned - sure, rugby league is "a business" and he's entitled to test the market. And he may well re-sign with us and go on to be bigger and better than ever. But he's lost me as a fan regardless.
I look at Foran and I see a guy who's genuinely torn about his future. You can tell something's eating away inside him. It's written all over his face. For some reason or other he's not as happy as he should be. He's being pulled in different directions and part of his indecision is probably because loyalty is a big part of his makeup. He might stay, he might go. But he's not out there lapping up the attention and "enjoying the process". And I won't lose any respect for him no matter what he decides to do.

I am in 100% agreement with you Ron.

DCE is not a dill but a top tier player with an enormous future but more important is a winner

Titans - yeah right wake up every one ffs

Sharks - the man is a first grade premiership winner/ state of origin regular and possible senior member of manly who would leave to join the least successful team of the modern era - got whiskers on it

Parra- yeah will travel with whatnow

Dogs - can really see him and his young family fitting right onto the dogs culture

Manly - only a matter of time and FOZ not far behind

And this is why his manager has thrown another club in the mix at this late stage of the game, losing credibility quickly.
Stay strong Manly and don't let this charade fool you.
Great point. What a crass and embarrassing situation to have tipped off cameramen waiting at cronulla. Get me a bucket.

If the worst happens.

Does Manly have another gun halfback playing 20's or somewhere that can stand up next year?

If the worst happens.

Does Manly have another gun halfback playing 20's or somewhere that can stand up next year?
Cade Cust has potentially the best name in the nrl, but is a couple of years off. The hodko, dce production line may however surprise us.

We need 2 keep 1 and than pair a young half or 5/8 with him. If we lose both we will have a lot of money but maybe not the players we want.

Maybe this hasn't been said before, but OK, i will say it. Some of you really do need to take stock of yourselves.

Hanging off every written smidgen of speculation (of all things, a Rothfield article about the sharks interest in DCE) like a school kid with a teenage obsessional crush. Honestly, you must know its embarrassing. Get a grip.

I agree BUT seeing Cherry parade himself around the Titans and now the Sharks has just about done me.

Up to this all media / journo bull****!!

Toovey must be fuming privately as this drags on and on.
He is trying to get the team ready for the season and the whole off season has been dominated by this protracted and drawn out contract process.

If we make the finals this year it will be his best achievement as a coach, he faces the prospect of having to rebuild the team should 1 or both of them leave and that is a daunting prospect.

I have faith in him because I know beyond doubt that he has maroon and white in his blood and will protect the club.

I am sure he has plans for alternatives should we need to look at new options for 2016. I hope he is give the chance to build his own team.

These guys have had long enough and now the focus should be on the club and its time for Joe Kelly to call their bluff and get this done one way or another.

Rise above the bait guys. This is how the modern game is run these days. As gutless and orchestrated as this is, the player manager is a filth that can not be cleaned from the fabric of our Guernsey.

Let it end it is totally pathetic from managers.
I think we need forwards, it has become obvious keep one of the halfs on 1.3 mill free up money for some bluechip forwards. What the point of a rolls royce backline with a nsw cup forward pack.

This is all just a ploy to gain max contract out of Manly. Even though we have already put our final offer on the table his manager would look like a peanut for not looking at the other clubs in interest as thats his job. My theory is that his manager is just taking DCE on excursions to other clubs to pull the wool over Manlys eyes. This whole thing is a massive decoy. If he dosen't resign with Manly ill be very surprised.

BUT seeing Cherry parade himself around the Titans and now the Sharks has just about done me.

Toovey must be fuming privately as this drags on and on. He is trying to get the team ready for the season .

I put these two quotes together so I can respond with one observation.

Whats going on now stems from of a number of contingent outcomes from a recruitment plan that extends way off into the future. Toovey knew this was coming. Manly management knew this was coming. DCE & Foran knew this was coming. Their management knew this was coming. Everyone knew.

Except we Silvertails supporters apparently.

Why are we surprised and why are we mulling over every scenario that insinuates an outcome, pro manly, or agin (nice old world western reference) manly ?

The fact we are in the position for these talented players to even contemplate staying or going from Manly is testament to the quality of the clubs past decisions. Does anyone seriously suggest that the Manly club has all of a sudden lost its ability to make those types of plans for our future ?

One stays. one goes. Both stay, both go. Optimist or pessimist, In any scenario why not spend some time contemplating the what ifs, if even both went. Imagine what Manly will do to the comp if we invested that money elsewhere on other talent and combine it with our own up and comers.

Just remember we retain both players today and the likelihood is that no other NRL club will be able to obtain either one, let alone both.

Dont worry, be happy......(insert whistling from the same song)

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he decides, you can't blame DCE for meeting with other clubs who are offering him boatloads of money. Are you trying to tell me that if a competitor rang you up offering you 25-50% more money than your current employer that you wouldn't meet them to listen to their offer? Let's just hope he makes the right decision.

And this is why his manager has thrown another club in the mix at this late stage of the game, losing credibility quickly.
Stay strong Manly and don't let this charade fool you.

Yep, I can see the jouno's and their camera crews laying in wait outside his house for any hint of movement all the while on the phone trying to guess the "other" club.

Can you imagine the convoy of media following DCE around town tomorrow!

I'm sorry, but regardless of what he decides, you can't blame DCE for meeting with other clubs who are offering him boatloads of money. Are you trying to tell me that if a competitor rang you up offering you 25-50% more money than your current employer that you wouldn't meet them to listen to their offer? Let's just hope he makes the right decision.

I don't blame DCE (or any player for that matter) testing the market or talking to competitors. What I don't like is the absolute disdain of having the media there to capture it. There is no reason you can't do these negotiations with some confidentiality. And during the negotiations you make it clear 'if this gets leaked I will definitely not be coming to your club'. To me that's also a good indicator of what the club is like and are they a club of integrity and character.

DCE is now getting to the point where I believe he is alienating Sea Eagles players and fans, and the problem now if he stays we will all start to think 'will the little bugger didn't want to be here anyway, so he can get in his car with his missus and eff off'.

The other problem is that the NRL is promoting this rubbish. SBW wants to come back?? Let's get on our hands and knees!! Hayne want's back?? Get the lube Dave Smith! Glenn Stewart wants an exemption for over 10 years service? Glenn who??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6