DCE Offer withdrawn!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We could have let kite go a couple of season earlier & i would have been happy. he was playing like crap. Turning his back in tackles & meekly slumping to the ground. We had a good two seasons of it. However - he surprised me & came good. His last couple of seasons were the kitey of old. I was proved wrong thinking he was washed up.
agree, he played really well in 2013 and was one the reasons we made it to the GF.

I keep hearing people say kite. He was getting older and he was let go to retain a heap of other players. He will prob retire after this season or next so I don't think you can blame the halves. Since we let go kite we have resigned buhrer, symonds, tom and jake, taufua, matai, and signed mason, Mateo, Leary. And I'm sure I've missed some. Would you change all that for an aging front rower?

Buhrer = tick, Matai = tick, the kids = tick, Leary = Tick, Burgess = tick
Symonds = X, taufua = X, Mason = x ..... = Kitey.

Sorry I'm over Jorge he's had his moment ala wolfie, and really he wont get back in the squad if Gutho plays well.
I have never seen much that I liked in Symonds at all (sorry mates), and Willy is just 1 big mistake; although great PR!!!!

I'd swap those three (200k each I believe) for Kitey (250) and Gifty (400) in a heart beat, and yes im short 50K but hey I'm sure someone could spot me ?

Buhrer = tick, Matai = tick, the kids = tick, Leary = Tick, Burgess = tick
Symonds = X, taufua = X, Mason = x ..... = Kitey.

Sorry I'm over Jorge he's had his moment ala wolfie, and really he wont get back in the squad if Gutho plays well.
I have never seen much that I liked in Symonds at all (sorry mates), and Willy is just 1 big mistake; although great PR!!!!

I'd swap those three (200k each I believe) for Kitey (250) and Gifty (400) in a heart beat, and yes im short 50K but hey I'm sure someone could spot me ?
Youll get a 3rd party deal

Can someone please explain to me how less than a week ago we were pitching a spiel to DCE & Foz about sticking with us, we have this big 10 year plan of stadiums, high rises and massive shopping precincts, & these 2 guys will be the face of it all and now we've pulled the offer & negotiations with DCE whilst not bothering to inform the coach who's on a national League tv program. It's either amateur hour or some serious agendas going on.

Agree totally Mick , The first thing I thought when they dropped the offer to DCE , was they have Foran in the Bag , but this doesn't seem to be the case as far as they are reporting , it defies my logic why they would withdraw the offer to DCE otherwise ??

Can someone please explain to me how less than a week ago we were pitching a spiel to DCE & Foz about sticking with us, we have this big 10 year plan of stadiums, high rises and massive shopping precincts, & these 2 guys will be the face of it all and now we've pulled the offer & negotiations with DCE whilst not bothering to inform the coach who's on a national League tv program. It's either amateur hour or some serious agendas going on.
The 10 year plan never had anything to do with the halves, just something the journalist put in there so because it's a hot topic.
From the sounds of it the offer was withdrawn because Manly were sick of DCE and his manager not coming to the table. It's not a "we don't want you", it's a "when you're ready to talk, you come to us".
Plus Toovey wouldn't have a thing to do with negotiations, and nor should he. Him and his staff will tell the club who they want, who they don't and let the club work out the contracts.
Hopefully all Toovey is focused on is the game on Friday night.

Who signed with another club 3 months ago, yet is attempting to make everyone believe he's still weighing up his options.
Ryan most of us are not calling you a liar, its obvious that you heard something, but can you just let us pretend that you are just like the Tele journo's and you made it up. We realise you are hanging for your big "I told you so thread". It will happen just don't remind us every five minutes.

Where is this news that Toovey didn't know about the withdrawl coming from, am i missing something here? After watching the interview it seemed that he knew exactly what was going on.

Daly Cherry-Evans could be days away from signing with Titans, but Sharks circling for star’s signature
  • Peter Badel
  • The Courier-Mail
  • March 05, 2015 11:00PM
DALY Cherry-Evans could be days away from signing a $3 million deal with the Titans after Manly hierarchy warned there is no guarantee they will resume talks with the Maroons ace.

The Cherry-Evans affair took another twist on Thursday night with Cronulla ready to trump the Titans by increasing their offer to $1.1m a season to prise him from Brookvale.

But Gold Coast remain in the hunt, with Cherry-Evans’ wife, Vessa, understood to have contacted partners of Titans players to discuss housing options on the holiday strip.

Either way, there is turbulence at Manly. Sea Eagles CEO Joe Kelly on Thursday night defended suggestions the club is guilty of double standards for imposing a deadline on Cherry-Evans while giving their other off-contract star, Kieran Foran, time to decide his future.

On the eve of Manly’s season-opener against Parramatta tonight, Kelly detailed exact reasons for the club’s shock decision to pull their $2.55 million offer to Cherry-Evans.

Kelly told The Courier-Mail Manly may potentially resume talks “down the track”, but by then Cherry-Evans could end the three-month saga himself by signing with the Titans or Cronulla.

It is understood Cherry-Evans will make a call over the weekend after Friday night’s clash at Pirtek Stadium. And with no offer from Manly currently on the table, the Titans are the front-runners to pull off the biggest signing in the club’s eventful eight-year history.

The 26-year-old’s future at Manly appears untenable. Privately, Sea Eagles identities are seething at Cherry-Evans’ public negotiations and Kelly said Manly had to act, claiming club bosses even increased their offer to placate him.

“It wasn’t the way we wanted to see it play out,” Kelly said.

“It is unfortunate and disappointing these private negotiations have been made public, including this situation (Cherry-Evans’ Manly deal being withdrawn).

“In the case of Daly’s offer, it has been sitting there for six weeks now. We revised and upgraded that figure and still we’ve been waiting and waiting.

“The negotiation with Daly has become protracted and very public, and we saw no resolution in sight. We placed a deadline of midday last Monday, but that date had passed and there was no response within 24 hours after that.

“In my correspondence (to Cherry-Evans’ management), I’ve said once the team is into the rhythm of the season, there may be an opportunity to start fresh discussions.

“We have a huge game (tonight), it’s time to put the team first and focus solely on our preparations.”

Foran is tipped to join Parramatta, a scenario that could see Manly decimated by the loss of both their Test halves, but Kelly defended the move to impose a timeframe on Cherry-Evans.

“This is a different situation (to Foran’s),” he said.

“The contract discussions and where we’re at with Daly are totally different, I’m not going to elaborate on the other one (Foran).

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-stars-signature/story-fniabjcr-1227250009061

Very interesting that Kelly said DCE can end all this by signing with the Tits or Asada. If he's bluffing he's ****ing damn good at it

It looks like this is finally going to come to a head. DCE and Foz just need to say it. There are no more excuses, Joe Kelly and the board were right to impose this deadline on DCE after the farce of his contract negotiations and the same should apply for Foz.

I anticipated we might finally learn about it this weekend. I hope so and the club can rule a line under this and start to focus on the team and not individuals. The club needs to focus on what has made us mighty, get in guys who want to be at the club.

Ryan most of us are not calling you a liar, its obvious that you heard something, but can you just let us pretend that you are just like the Tele journo's and you made it up. We realise you are hanging for your big "I told you so thread". It will happen just don't remind us every five minutes.
Keep it coming Ryan ....... Freedom of speech

I watched Keary and Reynolds last night who reportedly resigned for $500k-$600k and felt sad.......
The Club needs to win tonight as the media sharks are circling.

So what we now know from those quotes from Kelly is that it was DCE's Management who released the contract withdrawn info. I support Kelly's stand on this 100%. Forans is different, its private and not affecting the team.
As far as I'm concerned the sooner DCE goes the better it will be for the club.

So the season starts and still no resigned contracts of our superstar halves.
Seems to me they don't want to be here. If we lose these two there are some serious problems within the hierarchy of this club. We are looking like the biggest laughing stock in the league.
Heads should roll.

Seems to me they don't want to be here. If we lose these two there are some serious problems within the hierarchy of this club. We are looking like the biggest laughing stock in the league.
Heads should roll.
What rubbish, the current Management inherited this **** fight. The problems are historical and caused by the Quantum faction for Foran and the greedy player manager for DCE. This is absolutley NOT the fault of the current administration.

Heads should roll.
They haven't signed ANYWHERE so maybe they want to quit football altogether (most likely to look after their families full time)

A deadline is fine, but it should be set at the start of the negotiation process so that it's fixed.

One can only surmise that Foz has no deadline, as he has already informed Manly of another agreement. More likely that Manly has asked Foz for a window of time, to try and match his requirements.:sweating:

Don't get the hate for Chez at all. Manly would have budgeted for both Players' Contracts at the time they were looking at the retention or release of Gifty.
The Media interest is manic and what is overlooked is that the day of the Shark's visit, it was the Sharks Season launch - so Media were there anyway.
However,Orr is completely responsible for his Client's fall from grace.:finger:

I am even more concerned with the way 2V is being undermined by Manly.
Just pathetic!
Perception is reality, so the Combover Man better show the respect to the Little Master.:emo:
I've had the pleasure of watching 2V for the better part of 30 years, and he has never put a foot wrong.:inlove:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJqaBmWLl3o

I find it disturbing that the head coach is oblivious to the DCE offer being pulled and kept in the dark. Toovey has kept a dignified silence over his mistreatment and privately must be so over it.

We are a laughing stock. The previous administration have totally wrecked the bond that was so strong.

Now we are all prisoners to the decisions of 2 players.

Toovey deserves respect and if there are plans to axe him give him clarity.

All i want is my club to be together. I hate the division. Seeing Gift play for a united team reminded me of what we were and need to be again.

Line in the sand time. The club is at a cross roads here. Decisive leadership is badly needed to sort out this mess before its too late.

I will be at whinger park tonight cheering on the boys as we tackle our hated enemy.

The club has to move forward!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8