Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've pondered this scenario before, given many other fans would love a jersey minus the advertising. I can see an opportunity here for a progressive company.

Imagine if a sponsor came in and said they would keep the jersey free of any advertising for one season. It would only happen for one season. It could actually become their gimmick and could possibly get quite a bit of interest and traction. The only team in the league with a pure advertising-free jersey. Despite the optics, everybody would know the sponsor because of the interest and story generated for the unusual strategy. Branding could still occur everywhere else, it would only be the jersey free of it. I'm no PR person, but I've always thought it was an interesting idea. The company branding could be placed on the inside collar and it could become one of the famous collectible jerseys over time.
Alternatively, what if the major sponsor was an invisible ink manufacturer?

That could work.

Ah ah ah ah...

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahageruleshahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

1659072766602.jpeg

Alternatively, what if the major sponsor was an invisible ink manufacturer?

That could work.
Yeah, although it was probably said in half jest, I think if the concept fitted with the company's product or service (such as invisible ink) it would make it more doable.

This is the sad news that represents our club this week
It is all summed up on this post
This week our club lost both on and off the field
Thanks to our foolish club representatives

Mate ... they never never never never said they wouldn't play ... they said they wouldn't wear a rainbow Pride jersey ... I am 100% certain had the NRL allowed them to wear their normal strip they would have all played ... in fact I am also almost certain they would have played in skins if allowed to ....
You are 100 % correct with the facts there feathered friend

The players did not play because they were not allowed to wear the Legendary Manly Maroon and white Jersey that represents inclusiveness .

The indiscriminate Legendary Maroon and white Jersey that all Manly players and Manly People wear to the game and welcome to our spiritual home ground and compete against every race and gender .

The Maroon and white Jersey that our club embraced the well known great gay athlete Ian Roberts

Lets talk about respect for all people shall we because all lives matter

How would Ian Roberts feel if the club had not consulted him or his coach and his team mates about promoting world peace at Easter time with a crucifixion on the Manly Jersey
How would the other races and Genders feel ?

I tell you How Ian Roberts and his Team mated would feel . They would feel hijacked Just like all the woman would feel as their Nrl Womans round was hijacked by our clubs ignorance and arrogance to focus just on their own money marketing innovation that divided players and fans

On top of the clubs arrogance and ignorance our chairman has come out on tv and lied to the Manly people and the NRL people about players have soften on their stance on playing in the rainbow colours .

I doubt very much This would have happed under Max Delmege the premiership winning record 40 to nil Manly owner

EXCLUSIVE: Manly 7 fuming about claim they will soften their stance on “pride jersey”. A representative of the group contacted me to say “they don’t backflip on religious beliefs” and to suggest they would fold on their stance is “totally untrue”
@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine

The players did not play because they were not allowed to wear the Legendary Manly Maroon and white Jersey that represents inclusiveness .

The indiscriminate Legendary Maroon and white Jersey that all Manly players and Manly People wear to the game and welcome to our spiritual home ground and compete against every race and gender .

The Maroon and white Jersey that our club embraced the well known great gay athlete Ian Roberts

How would Ian Roberts feel if the club had not consulted him or his coach and his team mates about promoting world peace at Easter time with a crucifixion on the Manly Jersey

I tell you How Ian Roberts and his Team mated would feel . They would feel hijacked Just like all the woman would feel as their Nrl Womans round was hijacked by our clubs ignorance and arrogance to focus just on their own money marketing innovation that divided players and fans

On top of the clubs arrogance and ignorance our chairman has come out on tv and lied to the Manly people and the NRL people about players have soften on their stance on playing in the rainbow colours .

I doubt very much This would have happed under Max Delmege the premiership winning record 40 to nil Manly owner

EXCLUSIVE: Manly 7 fuming about claim they will soften their stance on “pride jersey”. A representative of the group contacted me to say “they don’t backflip on religious beliefs” and to suggest they would fold on their stance is “totally untrue”
@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine
Well said
now we need to focus on smashing those scum bag eels on Friday night

@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine
Just so I can understand. If 7 players refused to wear the indigenous jumper or the women in league jumper you would support their stance because the Maroon and White jumper is already inclusive enough?

I've pondered this scenario before, given many other fans would love a jersey minus the advertising. I can see an opportunity here for a progressive company.

Imagine if a sponsor came in and said they would keep the jersey free of any advertising for one season. It would only happen for one season. It could actually become their gimmick and could possibly get quite a bit of interest and traction. The only team in the league with a pure advertising-free jersey. Despite the optics, everybody would know the sponsor because of the interest and story generated for the unusual strategy. Branding could still occur everywhere else, it would only be the jersey free of it. I'm no PR person, but I've always thought it was an interesting idea. The company branding could be placed on the inside collar and it could become one of the famous collectible jerseys over time.
It's not a bad idea, mate. But I guess it won't happen. Professional sport and all that. I love car racing and since the early seventies top level touring cars/supercars have been mobile billboards. Especially F1. It would have to be a very rich benefactor/business person who loved club tradition and probably had billions behind them to make your idea work. Someone like Mike Cannon Brookes without a need to politically or business wise express themselves on the jersey.

I've said it before, I'd love a rugby style jersey with proper sleeves and button collar with no sponsorship. Although it would suit me, I reckon from what I see at the merchandise counters at Brookie they would easily sell a truckload each season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8