Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
This is the sad news that represents our club this week
It is all summed up on this post
This week our club lost both on and off the field
Thanks to our foolish club representatives

You are 100 % correct with the facts there feathered friend

The players did not play because they were not allowed to wear the Legendary Manly Maroon and white Jersey that represents inclusiveness .

The indiscriminate Legendary Maroon and white Jersey that all Manly players and Manly People wear to the game and welcome to our spiritual home ground and compete against every race and gender .

The Maroon and white Jersey that our club embraced the well known great gay athlete Ian Roberts

Lets talk about respect for all people shall we because all lives matter

How would Ian Roberts feel if the club had not consulted him or his coach and his team mates about promoting world peace at Easter time with a crucifixion on the Manly Jersey
How would the other races and Genders feel ?

I tell you How Ian Roberts and his Team mated would feel . They would feel hijacked Just like all the woman would feel as their Nrl Womans round was hijacked by our clubs ignorance and arrogance to focus just on their own money marketing innovation that divided players and fans

On top of the clubs arrogance and ignorance our chairman has come out on tv and lied to the Manly people and the NRL people about players have soften on their stance on playing in the rainbow colours .

I doubt very much This would have happed under Max Delmege the premiership winning record 40 to nil Manly owner

EXCLUSIVE: Manly 7 fuming about claim they will soften their stance on “pride jersey”. A representative of the group contacted me to say “they don’t backflip on religious beliefs” and to suggest they would fold on their stance is “totally untrue”
@9NewsSyd

@NRLonNine
Geez mate, it wasn't that long ago you were defending the Penns from every slight criticism, now here you are bagging them yourself.

That's quite a change in direction & opinion.

Journo: Kieran, there's some talk about you backflipping on the titans. Any truth to that?
KF: 100% not. I will definitely be at the titans next year. I have a two year deal and I am going to honour that.

~other questions~

3 mins later.

Same clown Journo: Kieran those backflip rumours have been around for awhile now, has there ever been a point where you considered backflipping?
KF: Not one bit, I've signed and I'm committed to the titans.

Same clown journo: Have you seen much of the rumours?
KF: Nah.

fmd. It's questions like those that make me realise that the players handle stupidity better than me. I'm not sure I could do a polite 'no' when asked the same question 3 times, 4 minutes apart.

Even if I said:
"Mate, you've asked the same thing 3 times now. What do I think of the rumours? You're asking me to comment on something you guys are making up to get clicks" - their website would soon all be 'ge gets testy at questions regarding future. Is a backflip still on the cards?!?!'

Even the bottom of the barrel has evicted these idiots.

Goes to show how bad reporters are in Australia, they say "freedom of the press" but most are invasive, rude, ask stupid questions and try to invoke a reaction from their victims.

It's like sticking a microphone in the face of someone at court "how do you feel you killed a person?" "what do you say to the parents" or with politicians "don't you think you should resign" or people getting into cars and the reporter makes charges of assault because the door is shut on them.

The reporters actually think their doing their jobs if the entice a reaction even if the information they share is personally damaging or actual mistruths to their subject or their families.

Shameful

Footy is a 24 hour news cycle, fans want constent content so then can constantly chat with theit mates in Whatsapp chats and on forums like this.

If Journos didnt ask probing questions or be a little pushy it getting to the bottom of a story then we wouldnt hear and discuss half of what we do.

Like it or not journos are an integral part of the NRL. The melodrama and stories around the game are as much of the product as the 80 minutes on the field.

In terms of the players handling 'stupidity' of journos, well then all are media trained (regularly) so it is a merry dance between the journo they to get a story and the player/coach/ceo to stay on message/brand.

Play on

May be play on for you, and that's ok, but for me, constantly asking the same asked and answered question is ridiculous, not probing, and lazy, and 'reduces' content by two thirds.

10 in the bin from me.
They are technically 3 different questions.

But as someone you has been media trained you are told of this tactic. Journalists asking variations of the same question in order to get you to slip up or give a better quote/sound bite.

You just need to stay on message and Kieran handled it well.

Whilst these media opps get published for the fans they are actually "media opportunities". A chance for the journalists to get access to the players. The fans arent the primary audience.

But as someone you has been media trained you are told of this tactic. Journalists asking variations of the same question in order to get you to slip up or give a better quote/sound bite.
Exactly. Jake was onto this when someone (Weidler?) asked, 'So you are saying footy is more important than god?'
Jake just laughed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10