Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Penn is a flog of the highest order. He needs to go.
In the space of half a week he has created a great divide in the club, players and fans.

His ego is actually sickening. That statement just made it worse for everyone, would’ve been better off keeping his mouth shut.
I'm not commenting on anything other than the fact I think it's hilarious you can argue in seriousness for the dismissal of an owner as if it's a replaceable, even desirable position that anyone can take on haha.

I'm not commenting on anything other than the fact I think it's hilarious you can argue in seriousness for the dismissal of an owner as if it's a replaceable, even desirable position that anyone can take on haha.
You’re acting like their wouldn’t be suitors lining up to purchase the club. Many have been lingering.

You’re acting like their wouldn’t be suitors lining up to purchase the club. Many have been lingering.
I'm a subscriber to better the devil you know when it comes to professional sports club ownership, personally.

You might not agree with the Penn's on certain values but I don't think anyone can say they have actively sabotaged the club intentionally. Sure there have been some absolute PR crisis management wet dreams but find me a footy club that doesn't reek of controversy.

The conversation really shouldn't focus solely on the club not consulting the players beforehand as that's not the real issue here.

The real issue is that these 7 players are placing their religious beliefs before everyone's right to be included & what's best for the team.

It displays ignorance & selfishness on their part, unfortunately.
There's that high horse again. Because your values are more righteous than theirs.

No, that is the real issue.
What would have been best for the team is that the best 17 players wore traditional Manly jerseys or ones tricked up to honour the Women In League Round... Just like the other 15 clubs in the NRL are doing.
What's best for supporters is that we attended the match to cheer on our best 17 players.
The club destroyed this round, and the enjoyment of thousands of Manly supporters.
Well said mate. Game set match!

I'm a subscriber to better the devil you know when it comes to professional sports club ownership, personally.

You might not agree with the Penn's on certain values but I don't think anyone can say they have actively sabotaged the club intentionally. Sure there have been some absolute PR crisis management wet dreams but find me a footy club that doesn't reek of controversy.
I agree, I’ve always been in the same camp as you until this week and have defended him and his decisions. This week was just a bridge too far though. Time and time again there has been PR disaster after another, CEO’s chewed up and spat out, the list goes on. Something has to give.

Scott Penn says he wanted to create a jersey that represented everyone is league.
I don't think that is possible.
How could a Manly jersey represent supporters from other clubs?
Even if the jersey carried an image of the Australian flag you'd have unhappy people.
I see this jersey as a ham-fisted attempt by the club marketing department to increase merchandising revenue. They must have thought they were brilliant tagging it as the "Inclusion" jersey. What could possibly go wrong?
Typical woke crap mate. Trying to appease everyone you end up pleasing no one. But the leftists don't get it!

I agree, I’ve always been in the same camp as you until this week and have defended him and his decisions. This week was just a bridge too far though. Time and time again there has been PR disaster after another, CEO’s chewed up and spat out, the list goes on. Something has to give.
That's a fair enough position to have, I don't disagree entirely either. I wasn't seriously criticising your view either way, just thought it was funny you essentially called for the owner to be sacked.

I think this Sea Eagles seven plan to end jersey boycott is proof enough that there is something out there with enough influence to change their self described religious positons.

Personally I am trying to shift my outrage because I don't think the 7 blokes actually deserve what is about to hit them when previous concessions have been quietly granted in other instances where there has been a religious based dispute.

The jersey is gone for now but this story will have long legs.

Also I have a habit of looking for any opportunity to stick the boot into the NRL, as any good supporter would.

all sounds like PR spin to me. Penn trying to soften the media pressure after throwing them players under the bus originally. Take a bit of heat off the players so people can stop with the pathetic aggression towards them.

If he’s smart he will think of other ideas for his “inclusion” round and won’t ever touch the jerseys again. But who knows with him, he is not the most trustworthy guy.

I think this Sea Eagles seven plan to end jersey boycott is proof enough that there is something out there with enough influence to change their self described religious positons.

Personally I am trying to shift my outrage because I don't think the 7 blokes actually deserve what is about to hit them when previous concessions have been quietly granted in other instances where there has been a religious based dispute.

The jersey is gone for now but this story will have long legs.

Also I have a habit of looking for any opportunity to stick the boot into the NRL, as any good supporter would.
It's called cancel culture. No room for freedom of opinion or choice. Modern day communism driven by social media and leftists. The 16 clubs will all fall into line to adhere to virtue signalling and minority appeasement according to a what is on the woke agenda. Next round will be vegan round followed by asylum seekers round then one for climate action et al.

It's called cancel culture. No room for freedom of opinion or choice. Modern day communism driven by social media and leftists. The 16 clubs will all fall into line to adhere to virtue signalling and minority appeasement according to a what is on the woke agenda. Next round will be vegan round followed by asylum seekers round then one for climate action et al.
Nah it's just discourse with a particular angle suggesting that the message sent from these type of actions has demonstrable real world ramifications that we are all poorer for, which while correlation is true we haven't depoliticised a non-poltical issue to determine causations. The argument that people are suffering without progress either way is in my view reasonable, you can't just say hold the fort when we have data indicating that there is an issue bigger than your ideology.

I don't particularly advocate for either extreme and believe that unless mature discussion can be had with mutual respect, understanding and concessions, neither party will be satisfied nor posses any kind of 'moral' justification and the whole thing becomes a much larger issue than necessary to the benefit of... the people who profit from 'culture wars' and wedge politics.

I don't think anyone's speech has been restricted and you can't just vomit up the SkyNews talking point of the week™ as if some partisan propaganda is evidence of your position without supporting evidence.

Edit: Respectfully, the SkyNews reference is because your argument feels familiar to their narrative.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10