Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm playing with fire here but found this on the most 'lefty' hellhole on the internet there is, reddit...

Dmzt3HX.png

Must be what they agreed to wear next year @:D

Disagree. It's not a football matter
Wow. I can't believe you wrote that.
This club is a football club. It is all this club is. If a decision made by marketing and endorsed by management upsets a significant number of your prime employees, the footballers, then it is an incredibly serious football matter.
All those expected to wear the jersey should have been consulted very early in the piece. It may have resulted in a compromise. At the very least it would have given management time to discuss the issue with all players, and over time possible consensus may have resulted.
If the report suggesting all players will wear a similar jersey next season is correct then it proves my point. When given time to contemplate, evaluate and learn more about "inclusion" etc. the players have gained greater insight. The club was at fault for rushing things. Having designs done, producing the merchandise and handing them out to celebrities before the players were even given consideration is disrespectful and plain dumb management.
Management created the crisis. I hope they learn from their mistake.

Wow. I can't believe you wrote that.
This club is a football club. It is all this club is. If a decision made by marketing and endorsed by management upsets a significant number of your prime employees, the footballers, then it is an incredibly serious football matter.
All those expected to wear the jersey should have been consulted very early in the piece. It may have resulted in a compromise. At the very least it would have given management time to discuss the issue with all players, and over time possible consensus may have resulted.
If the report suggesting all players will wear a similar jersey next season is correct then it proves my point. When given time to contemplate, evaluate and learn more about "inclusion" etc. the players have gained greater insight. The club was at fault for rushing things. Having designs done, producing the merchandise and handing them out to celebrities before the players were even given consideration is disrespectful and plain dumb management.
Management created the crisis. I hope they learn from their mistake.
I think Dan was taking the piss.

Been a bizarre season for us really. There are teams like the Sharks, Broncos and Cowboys in the top 4 who I feel like we should be better than, yet we are 9 wins and 10 losses and very unlikely to even make the 8 at this point. You can really boil our season down to a few games:

• Round 7 vs Sharks, Talakai having his only good game of the season and blowing us off the park in the first half
  • Round 8 vs Souths, Lawton sent off after 9 minutes and Atkins penalising us into the ground
  • Round 11 vs Parra, one of the great robberies of the modern era
  • Round 15 vs Cowboys, Up 26-12 with 8 minutes left followed by a huge bed ****
  • Tonight vs Roosters, only just lost whilst missing half our team and after one of the worst weeks in our history

We win just 2 of these games and we are entrenched in the 8, even with our best player and last year’s runaway Dally M winner missing most of the time. I genuinely feel we could be a premiership contender in the coming years yet we can’t get a good run with injuries or refeeering, can’t beat another top 8 side and are completely dysfunctional off the field. Damn shame considering the talent we have

Been a bizarre season for us really. There are teams like the Sharks, Broncos and Cowboys in the top 4 who I feel like we should be better than, yet we are 9 wins and 10 losses and very unlikely to even make the 8 at this point. You can really boil our season down to a few games:

• Round 7 vs Sharks, Talakai having his only good game of the season and blowing us off the park in the first half
  • Round 8 vs Souths, Lawton sent off after 9 minutes and Atkins penalising us into the ground
  • Round 11 vs Parra, one of the great robberies of the modern era
  • Round 15 vs Cowboys, Up 26-12 with 8 minutes left followed by a huge bed ****
  • Tonight vs Roosters, only just lost whilst missing half our team and after one of the worst weeks in our history

We win just 2 of these games and we are entrenched in the 8, even with our best player and last year’s runaway Dally M winner missing most of the time. I genuinely feel we could be a premiership contender in the coming years yet we can’t get a good run with injuries or refeeering, can’t beat another top 8 side and are completely dysfunctional off the field. Damn shame considering the talent we have
Yes I'd say we've had several meritorious losses for sure, definitely would have beaten Souths but had 12 men, got ref'd out v Eels, got miracled out by Cows, and shot ourselves in the foot tonite.
I still see a season in front of this side and I doubt the Eels will relish coming to Brookie next week, there's going to be 17 fired up players (not sure who they'll be but am sure they'll all be fired up) @:D

Small error here, the club backed the players into a corner with their Hastiness, the rest is your post is spot on
Ok yes. The club put them there. But there were initial reports that 3 players were waivering. Then took a united stance in the end. I am sure the players will speak out eventually. This is not going away. It's a good opportunity for learning.

The change in demographics within NRL over the past 20 years has been massive. In the 90s we had Hoppa - I had no idea how to pronounce his name - and Solo, I think that was about it for the entire decade. As of now every NRL squad has a large number of Pacifika players (don't even know the proper way to refer to them, I guess I'll have to learn it, but I think you know what I mean).
Many - not all of course - have this deeply conservative Christian ethos, I guess like Israel Folau revealed a few years ago.

This week we have seen a bit of a head on clash between 2 cultures.

Dan is right, this was not an issue that by convention should have been run past the players. "Say, are you players all OK if we say the club supports inclusiveness in the game?" No? OK, fine don't worry, we might ask you again next year"

Come on, this is basic stuff that every player should just go, "Er, yeah, der".

But this relatively new group clearly arced up. It is not 7 or 10 Manly players, and it's not 160 odd NRL players. It is all their families and extended families and many others from Tonga Samoa Cook Islands etc who share similar oppressive ultra conservative Christian values.

These people live in Australia and we want them to, and their finest young athletes want to make careers in NRL, and we want that to happen to. But suddenly we have a tipping point where the cultural differences are exposed, and they need to be resolved for the game to move forward.

I'm hopeful there'll be some softening of attitude from the Manly rebels (yes they are rebels, they weren't stood down, it was their choice to refuse to play) but it will take time. And the process of education, and of both cultures learning more about each other, has to occur throughout NRL but more importantly throughout the land.

I'm proud that Manly came up with the Everyone in League concept, our club has suffered a cost but will ultimately be recognised and earn great credit for this. Not so sure about middle management, but certainly with the likes of Des and DCE leading the way there is a prospect of resolving the differences with the current personnel. As others have noted, going to a different NRL club won't solve anything for our guys. If they want to remain in NRL they are going to have to engage in a serious way because the NRL cannot withdraw the invitation of inclusion, that is not negotiable and basically not a credible option, so at this stage to move forward the ball will be in the court of the devout (for want of a better term).

Meanwhile I expect the 7 to be back in our side v Eels, if they are fit, and to play strongly alongside their teammates who have played with them all year.

Important issues. Interesting times!

It's called cancel culture. No room for freedom of opinion or choice. Modern day communism driven by social media and leftists. The 16 clubs will all fall into line to adhere to virtue signalling and minority appeasement according to a what is on the woke agenda. Next round will be vegan round followed by asylum seekers round then one for climate action et al.
Ding ding ding ... we have a winner!!! Eleven, count 'em, eleven MAGA cliches all in one brief paragraph . This man's a genius.
Hello, Fox news? We have a potential megastar for you ...

Ha ha, I burned mine to appease the gods of wokism, gender identity politics, cancel culture and the me too movement in the hope that we can still make the 8.

I just want a maroon jersey with white hoops and a badge. With no sponsors. Is that too much to ask?
I've pondered this scenario before, given many other fans would love a jersey minus the advertising. I can see an opportunity here for a progressive company.

Imagine if a sponsor came in and said they would keep the jersey free of any advertising for one season. It would only happen for one season. It could actually become their gimmick and could possibly get quite a bit of interest and traction. The only team in the league with a pure advertising-free jersey. Despite the optics, everybody would know the sponsor because of the interest and story generated for the unusual strategy. Branding could still occur everywhere else, it would only be the jersey free of it. I'm no PR person, but I've always thought it was an interesting idea. The company branding could be placed on the inside collar and it could become one of the famous collectible jerseys over time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8