Club News 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I disagree - I think the fact that players are refusing to play due to outdated religious beliefs & are happy to be seen as homophobic while doing so is the much bigger issue.

I sincerely doubt the players are happy to have their personal beliefs out in public like this, with all the judgement, analysis and consequences that are going to come with it. the privacy was taken Away from them when the club decided to roll out this initiative in the way they did, wether You agree with the message the club was seeking to make is immaterial. Players had a right to have their voice heard in private In Terms of what message they were expected to get behind. No matter the message and wether they do/should/dont agree with it.

I dont agree with them, but I respect their right to have an opinion or belief system different to mine. I would be mortified to have my personal beliefs bought to the forefront in the public sphere against my wishes and solely because of someone else’s actions.

I sincerely doubt the players are happy to have their personal beliefs out in public like this, with all the judgement, analysis and consequences that are going to come with it. the privacy was take. Away fro them when the club decided to roll out this initiative in the way they did

They scrawl ‘Jesus’ and other religious messages across their wrists and strapping tape every week, so safe to say they’re fine with their personal beliefs out in the public domain, considering they put them there for all to see.

They scrawl ‘Jesus’ and other religious messages across their wrists and strapping tape every week, so safe to say they’re fine with their personal beliefs out in the public domain, considering they put them there for all to see.

Way to miss the point. They are deciding to put that particular belief out there, not being forced to put it out there because of a lack of for-thought and consultation by others.

DCE understands very clearly what the issues are.
He said he is proud to wear the jersey and promote inclusiveness..... Its women in league round....Its not Pride Round...Its women in league round and all the chatter tonight does not mention it. IT has nothing to do with LGB team...The Manly Club have f#cked up. Note Des called it the Manly Football Club, not Sea Eagles Ltd. Im off to bed, somewhere over the rainbow.

He said he is proud to wear the jersey and promote inclusiveness..... Its women in league round....Its not Pride Round...Its women in league round and all the chatter tonight does not mention it. IT has nothing to do with LGB team...The Manly Club have f#cked up. Note Des called it the Manly Football Club, not Sea Eagles Ltd. Im off to bed, somewhere over the rainbow.
Yes I wish those distinctions were made. I long for the day when hopefully the organisation is back in the hands of the FC.

The current arrangements are a good c.2006 Paul Cummings scheme gone sour.

PENN RELEASES STATEMENT:

So ... no addressing the shiitefight ...

It's all Mestrov's problem next week ...

Just saying they had good intentions .. yeah okay, we all agree ...

And then we are not bad people ... see we are throwing money at it ... money fixes everything ...

Please ignore the wrecked relationship with the 10 young devote Islanders we threw under the bus ....

So ... no addressing the shiitefight ...

It's all Mestrov's problem next week ...

Just saying they had good intentions .. yeah okay, we all agree ...

And then we are not bad people ... see we are throwing money at it ... money fixes everything ...

Please ignore the wrecked relationship with the 10 young devote Islanders we threw under the bus ....

Or how about an apology to Des and DCE for having to front up to a conference to apologize for the club not involving the coaching or playing staff in consultation.

As owner and chairman it's too little too late. He should have gotten involved before anything hit the media. And when the schit hit the fan as head of the club he should have fronted the media. It's a global and important issue and if the intentions were lost as he claims, he should have made it quite clear. I am so pissed off with him.

Penn is a flog of the highest order. He needs to go.
In the space of half a week he has created a great divide in the club, players and fans.

His ego is actually sickening. That statement just made it worse for everyone, would’ve been better off keeping his mouth shut.

Scott Penn says he wanted to create a jersey that represented everyone is league.
I don't think that is possible.
How could a Manly jersey represent supporters from other clubs?
Even if the jersey carried an image of the Australian flag you'd have unhappy people.
I see this jersey as a ham-fisted attempt by the club marketing department to increase merchandising revenue. They must have thought they were brilliant tagging it as the "Inclusion" jersey. What could possibly go wrong?

Scott Penn says he wanted to create a jersey that represented everyone is league.
Even if the jersey carried an image of the Australian flag you'd have unhappy people.
I see this jersey as a ham-fisted attempt by the club marketing department to increase merchandising revenue. They must have thought they were brilliant tagging it as the "Inclusion" jersey. What could possibly go wrong?
Upon reflection I probably do find it difficult to take other club fans seriously. But I do accept them nonetheless

Rather than fighting amongst ourselves as a group of supporters, I'd like to suggest that we remind ourselves who the real enemy is in terms of tonight's match. Yesterday, Trent Robinson when asked by the media, implied that our club was something of a joke and our seven players were basically ill-informed, ignorant and out of touch. He couched this criticism somewhat cleverly in suggesting rather than stating it outright, but the meaning of his words was clear enough - he was clearly "putting the boot in!" Now whether you agree with his views or not, it felt to me like he was hitting a bloke (us, Manly) when he's on the ground and fighting for breath.
I'd suggest that before stepping into his high pulpit in Bondi and espousing compassion, understanding and emathy for all humankind (except for these young players with Christian convictions, of course) I think he ought to consider the simple fact that his very own beloved Sonny Bill Williams did not have to wear a Rooster's jersey with a gambling logo a few seasons back because it contradicted his Muslim faith. I hasten to ask this simple question - would Sonny Bill "have a bar" of wearing a Roosters rainbow jersey if he was playing presently under Robinson? I am convinced that Trent Robinson's pathetic attempt to grab the enlightened, moral highground before this match before the assembled media throng was both hypocritical and disingenuous. In complete contrast, Des Hasler's thoughtful and heartfelt media performance on this vexed issue was a triumph in adversity. Frankly Mr. Robinson, I suggest that coaches in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

Last edited:
Agree, exactly what I said to my partner, if they wanted an everyone in league jersey, it would have been the ugliest thing you ever laid on. With every teams colours, and every community colour representation and cause.

Then again maybe not the ugliest, we've had a few this year.
At least be honest, it's a pride jersey nothing more.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12