Cherry-Evans and Foran receive ''best offer'' from Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I would love to know what the numbers are at the moment for 2015 membership? This whole sorry saga must be affecting the numbers. How do you expect fans to shell out their hard earned money to support the club when your 2 best players have either been unable or unwilling to commit to the club beyond this season. The longer this runs the more damage to the club.

It's really not the Sea Eagles fault but it's a farce.

Must be very hard getting renewals, let alone expanding the base.

It's just dominating RL news, day in day out, must be as boring as anything for the other 15 clubs fans !!

If either of these two sign elsewhere enjoy running out on to brookie for the rest of the year ,wanna hope they are thick skinned .....

I would love to know what the numbers are at the moment for 2015 membership? This whole sorry saga must be affecting the numbers. How do you expect fans to shell out their hard earned money to support the club when your 2 best players have either been unable or unwilling to commit to the club beyond this season. The longer this runs the more damage to the club.
Last i saw, we were around the 8,900 i think. Seems low.

I agree with everyone who says it will seriously hurt their viewing pleasure - which follows onto crowd numbers as a result...Dollars for our club.

The decision to "keep the halves" seems to be everyone's consensus.

I wonder has the CEO done everything in his power to be competitive with other clubs ??

Or is it expected they just take a pay cut to be loyal? We have to be competitive to win football matches. That starts with great hires. Hope we are on our game here ?

As everyone says, this has taken ages, a roster is organised years out. These contracts should have been stitched up months ago ...great manly men like Gift and Choc have gutted us when they left. Surely these guys don't have to be casualties too!!!

I remember tapping Ray Branigan on the knee as a toddler and asking him for his autograph. That is my earliest memory of being a fan. He /Ray duly stopped watching the game and complied The modern game is more complex with money and salary caps but we can only hope we still have the brilliance of Arko somewhere in our retention team as it's clear others are trying hard.

^ exactly
I'm regretting booking accommodation in Albury already

Mate, guys like you and Mark are heart and soul. Actually really upsets me to see you guys feeling this way tbh. We have had our differences, but the club needs blokes like you two.

Stick with it despite it all mate. Like I said, I'm a season ticket holder, and there is still passion around the place.

Look at guys like JSL, Matai, Buhrer, Ballin & others who just look like it's a privalledge to play for us, the club and each other.

Foran and Cherry can be sell swords all they like, but if they go, we may get some young lads come through that are passionate about us and the club - and that's all I want.

Like I say, that much less talented squad in the mid 2000's when we were struggling, but all would have died and bled for the jersey, was more fun and exciting than today, with the more talented mercenaries.

I kind of hope they DO piss off now. I want the club to win my heart back, because all I feel right now, is apathy - because of those two, and Choc.

Piss DCE off now. This will loosed up the salary cap and bring young guys through.
Sit down with KF and advise him that he could be a long time captain of the club.

Im sorry but its time we withdrew his contract offer. I am sick of his attitude and hes already split our team with his selfish ways. Screw him and his manager. If he is playing games to get more money.. i dont want him at our club. If he is signing elsewhere then good luck to him. But Manly should not sit there and cop this bull**** from a player. Make an example of him. I cant believe our club is allowing this to happen in public.

Its a big game and Orr is only interested in getting the best thing for DCE. It is sad, really sad that at no stage has DCE or Foz given any hint that they want to hang around the joint.

And that's their job, to get the best deal for their client. Can anyone seriously blame them? It's the NRL's fault for allowing negotiating this far in advance.

This disrespectful circus must end soon. DCE must decide. The fans have had a GUTFULL!!

Time for both he and Foz to come clean and either move on or commit! Enough is enough!

I repeat what i have said many times before. No one is bigger than the club! No one!

epic quote that I always think of about team
jersey.png

I honestly think if the club thought he was going they would have pulled the offer off the table already. Surely we are not run by idiots. I believe we are in the box seat to resign him and come friday we will know more. It's only 3 sleeps

I was wondering why when I have read so many times in this thread "don't believe what you read in the papers" - why doesn't the same hold true for "seeing something in the news" without all the facts" What did we see by DCE making visits to other clubs?

In my experience if someone is doing things openly, like Daly, I would say that he is giving Joe Kelly a chance to do the only thing he really needs to do, and damn we have lost enough players that this is possible for a skilful negotiator.

- sign Kieran and
- sign Daly.

And sign a new major sponsor for the following year of at least 1 million dollars.

Scott's statement made it clear, he wants the halves, so does the rest of the club, so hopefully he is listening. It is worth noting KF and Dave Perry were close, Dave coached KF in junior grades.

The fact we haven't seen KF negotiate, perhaps we will find out what he thinks and the best offer will win. Seriously, the comments about Daly having no class are rubbish. If these were my kids I would want them to stay for what they are worth. As usual, we look like the poor cousins and I wonder why we seem to have the inability to retain our key talent - this has taken way too long and trying to nickel and dime them in other areas is a sign of things to come.

I was wondering why when I have read so many times in this thread "don't believe what you read in the papers" - why doesn't the same hold true for "seeing something in the news" without all the facts" What did we see by DCE making visits to other clubs?

In my experience if someone is doing things openly, like Daly, I would say that he is giving Joe Kelly a chance to do the only thing he really needs to do, and damn we have lost enough players that this is possible for a skilful negotiator.

- sign Kieran and
- sign Daly.

And sign a new major sponsor for the following year of at least 1 million dollars.

Scott's statement made it clear, he wants the halves, so does the rest of the club, so hopefully he is listening. It is worth noting KF and Dave Perry were close, Dave coached KF in junior grades.

The fact we haven't seen KF negotiate, perhaps we will find out what he thinks and the best offer will win. Seriously, the comments about Daly having no class are rubbish. IF THESE WERE MY KIDS I WOULD WANT THEM TO STAY FOR WHAT THEY ARE WORTH. As usual, we look like the poor cousins and I wonder why we seem to have the inability to retain our key talent - this has taken way too long and trying to nickel and dime them in other areas is a sign of things to come.
If they were my kids I'd tell them to pull their ****ing heads in and sign with the club that gave them their start.

Of course, if you want to take it to that extreme, Why don't they pay Manly to play?

If you read the stats on life after football, most people struggle.

Why should they have a higher standard than Everyman. If you were offered much much more money, better conditions, most people would take it - not pull their head in.

Can we expect sponsors to pay more than market value?

Reading the CEO patting himself on the back for making a "commendable" offer is a bit lame.

Gift and others have been punished for their loyalty or what the club did for them.

Of course, if you want to take it to that extreme, Why don't they pay Manly to play?

If you read the stats on life after football, most people struggle.

Why should they have a higher standard than Everyman. If you were offered much much more money, better conditions, most people would take it - not pull their head in.

Can we expect sponsors to pay more than market value?

Reading the CEO patting himself on the back for making a "commendable" offer is a bit lame.

Gift and others have been punished for their loyalty or what the club did for them.
Cry me a river Gift punished please someone punish me with the deal he picked up lol

For me job satisfaction is more important, at least these days. I have been offered more money to switch jobs ( no really), but enjoy what I do. For a professional footballer I imagine being part of a premiership winning team may be worth more than money....and lets be realistic, Manly is'nt offering them peanuts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8