Cherry-Evans and Foran receive ''best offer'' from Manly Sea Eagles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agree. Then only costing us Glenn Stewart, Anthony Watmough & maybe Brent Kite (saving the coin for them) the damage wouldn't have been as bad as it appears it may be heading.
Think of it this way, we had to lose those champs to get enough $$ to keep the halves, but then a huge crop of champion juniors had to be re-signed. The $$ get eaten up by the talent in the squad. I hope we keep em, but would hats to lose the turbos, gutho etc

Cherry has lost me with his openly parading around other clubs and his comment that he's enjoying the process. (I still think he's somewhere on the low ranking autism spectrum because his understanding of social correctness is either learned or clueless, but that's just my observation.) I no longer care how talented he is, I like to cheer for those who really embrace our club. In fact, I love to cheer for them.
I haven't seen the same lack of respect from Foz. It is possible that the hold up in negotiations is about the quality of physio etc. around the club - I read that somewhere. Fingers crossed.

Remember this?

Some similarities don't you think?

www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/cronk-to-stay-at-storm-20120328-1vzm8.html

Let's hope there is one or two snap press conferences called shortly.

‘‘It’s the elephant in the room,’’ Cronk said. “Yes, there is money involved for any footballer in any code. But for me it's about the biggest challenge and what will make me the better person.

"This club gives me that in bucket loads.”

Last edited:
Cronk was professional, looked at his options and did not torture the Storm during the process before re-signing, DCE seems to relish this centre of attention space and as much as I want to keep him, I want to see commitment and to make a decision very soon.

Cronk was professional, looked at his options and did not torture the Storm during the process before re-signing, DCE seems to relish this centre of attention space and as much as I want to keep him, I want to see commitment and to make a decision very soon.

Different levels of commitment & professionalism. Cronk will always have that esteem around him.

You would think it's getting 2 the point of us taking the offer of the table. In all my time of supporting the club I have not seen such disregard for the fans. I have been hard on Foz also but I have 2 agree with @Snake this is showing a complete lack of class. I know Toovey said he had no problem with him going 2 the GC last week but this is past a joke. We also have another club 2 meet with on Wednesday according 2 his manager. Even if he re signs after this I'll never have the same feelings for him as a player again and that's sad.

You would think it's getting 2 the point of us taking the offer of the table. In all my time of supporting the club I have not seen such disregard for the fans. I have been hard on Foz also but I have 2 agree with @Snake this is showing a complete lack of class. I know Toovey said he had no problem with him going 2 the GC last week but this is past a joke. We also have another club 2 meet with on Wednesday according 2 his manager. Even if he re signs after this I'll never have the same feelings for him as a player again and that's sad.

Yep, and it'll be more of the same next time, and the time after that. **** this every few years. Just go,, and allow fans to be fans of players who want to stick with us.

The clock is ticking, rapidly these guys are losing the hearts and minds of the fans. I hope I am wrong and we got such a boost at the club launch and they both announce they are staying. I want to believe this and only that is keeping me believing. All I know is that no matter what I will love my club till my last breath!

It sounds like both guys will have made their decision and announced their futures by the end of the week and this'll all be over.
It does ruin the excitement of a new season but imagine how friggin' pumped we'd be if they both announce they're staying before season kick off.
I'll stay optimistic about both of them.

Pumped? they have lost a great deal of respect and adulation within the fan base because of their actions or inactions.

I won't be pumped at all. A sense of relief that this bull**** is over is about the best I would be able to muster.

This will never happen

But I would like both Foran and DCE to call a joint press conference sometime over the next few days

Man up together and tell us your futures. Show some respect to the club, members and supporters who without you both would be nothing

If you both are leaving fine- we can handle that but don't drag this saga on anymore than it needs to- you have had long enough in our books to decide.

Really like most people I am losing respect for both DCE and Foran the more they drag this out. Time to man up gents.

I listened to Gibbs's interview with Orr, Gibbs asked him the standard questions and did mention that he is likely to decide by end of next week latest.

Gibbs was of the opinion that DCE will become a fish finger in 2016. Hard to work it all out, time will tell.

Offer Foz something he can't refuse, and the captaincy when Lyon retires. Cut DCE loose to the club that'll never win a title, and give one of our very talented juniors a run; be it Hiku or Gutherson at centre, with Lyon to 5/8, or blood Rudolph, and sign Taumalolo.

Its a big game and Orr is only interested in getting the best thing for DCE. It is sad, really sad that at no stage has DCE or Foz given any hint that they want to hang around the joint.

I'm a member and if either of them leave I will find it very difficult to go to the games.
Heart just won't be in it.

They couldn't give a **** about you, me or the other 10,000 members.

The fact that we sing , chant, and idolise them means sweet FA.

I grew up in the " old school", maybe I'm just too old to be a part of the way this works in the modern era.

I would love to know what the numbers are at the moment for 2015 membership? This whole sorry saga must be affecting the numbers. How do you expect fans to shell out their hard earned money to support the club when your 2 best players have either been unable or unwilling to commit to the club beyond this season. The longer this runs the more damage to the club.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8