brett stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's catch 22 for the club if the issue is as we presume brett wanting a 4 year contract they maybe having second thoughts.

You can't give a player that long of a contract when he plays 2 games then is out for 3weeks.
It's arguably one of the most important position you can't just shove any player there like you can centre,or winger.

It's catch 22 for the club if the issue is as we presume brett wanting a 4 year contract they maybe having second thoughts.

You can't give a player that long of a contract when he plays 2 games then is out for 3weeks.
It's arguably one of the most important position you can't just shove any player there like you can centre,or winger.

funny how he was suppose to sign last week,then didnt,then Ricky Stuart signs with the eels,mmm,he signs Brett,then Glenn will follow,that will be five class players parra have stolen from us,five better players than the duds we got from them,they would be ecstatic,its a scary thought eh,just hope it doesnt happen

funny how he was suppose to sign last week,then didnt,then Ricky Stuart signs with the eels,mmm,he signs Brett,then Glenn will follow,that will be five class players parra have stolen from us,five better players than the duds we got from them,they would be ecstatic,its a scary thought eh,just hope it doesnt happen

Fair dinkum where is all this negativity coming from?

Watching Snake this year on and off the field I would say there hasn't been a player to display more passion and love for the club. He's always pumped when he scores and leads the chorus when the team song is being belted out.

If he was going to leave for a coach it would've been Hasler more than Stuart don't you think?

I may be wrong but lets not jump to conclusions here. We should all settle down and focus on watching our boys win another comp.

I have the utmost confidence that Snake will be in maroon and white throughout his whole NRL career.

Fair dinkum where is all this negativity coming from?

Watching Snake this year on and off the field I would say there hasn't been a player to display more passion and love for the club. He's always pumped when he scores and leads the chorus when the team song is being belted out.

If he was going to leave for a coach it would've been Hasler more than Stuart don't you think?

I may be wrong but lets not jump to conclusions here. We should all settle down and focus on watching our boys win another comp.

I have the utmost confidence that Snake will be in maroon and white throughout his whole NRL career.

Cameron said:
I think it's all about increasing traffic on here

Excuse me? Did you just accuse me of making something up to increase traffic?
I hope that I am wrong in my interpretation of that or at the very least you are ready to retract that comment Cam!

Cameron said:

I hope that I am wrong in my interpretation of that or at the very least you are ready to retract that comment Cam!

Daniel said:
Cameron said:

Cam's just joking I think. People continuously write stuff to stir the pot on here. Sounds more like a joke than an accusation.
As for me, post Des, and with the media seemingly intent on sticking the boot into Manly, I become quite anxious at the thought of any of our stars possibly leaving the club, especially the Snake - injuries and all.
Please stay Snake.

Daniel said:
Cameron said:

Cam's just joking I think. People continuously write stuff to stir the pot on here. Sounds more like a joke than an accusation.
As for me, post Des, and with the media seemingly intent on sticking the boot into Manly, I become quite anxious at the thought of any of our stars possibly leaving the club, especially the Snake - injuries and all.
Please stay Snake.

Well this hasn't come from media speculation it has come from someone I speak to regularly who is right more often than not on these things and who is fairly close to the subject matter.
I wouldnt post pure speculation never have and never would. Cam has just accused me of making something up and essentially calling me a liar. That's something I don't take lightly.

An apology or explanation is due from him

Well this hasn't come from media speculation it has come from someone I speak to regularly who is right more often than not on these things and who is fairly close to the subject matter.
I wouldnt post pure speculation never have and never would. Cam has just accused me of making something up and essentially calling me a liar. That's something I don't take lightly.

An apology or explanation is due from him

Daniel said:
Vyssini said:
Daniel said:
It's seriously what I have heard. Whether its true or not I don't know. It came from a reliable source and tends to line up with our purchases in the backs.

So you think signing up untried 19 and 20 year olds from the Toyota Cup adds credence to your source's claim?

Unless of course 2v has decided to leave a lazy $300k under the salary cap for some "inspired" midseason transfers...;)

What other fullback options are on the market?

Kevin Naiqama from Knights is on the market still, and after seeing a few games from him this year, wouldnt look out of place as a regular fullback/winger in any NRL team.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Daniel said:
Vyssini said:
Daniel said:
It's seriously what I have heard. Whether its true or not I don't know. It came from a reliable source and tends to line up with our purchases in the backs.

So you think signing up untried 19 and 20 year olds from the Toyota Cup adds credence to your source's claim?

Unless of course 2v has decided to leave a lazy $300k under the salary cap for some "inspired" midseason transfers...;)

What other fullback options are on the market?

Kevin Naiqama from Knights is on the market still, and after seeing a few games from him this year, wouldnt look out of place as a regular fullback/winger in any NRL team.

OK just spit balling here but...

If this French Rugby thing is true, and it is something i have heard but dismissed, I think I see what is happening, and maybe just maybe the club is playing along for Brett's sake. The moment they say talks have broken down or we haven't signed him media speculation will be rife. Brett is not ready to announce the move so the club is supporting him.

Theory only

OK just spit balling here but...

If this French Rugby thing is true, and it is something i have heard but dismissed, I think I see what is happening, and maybe just maybe the club is playing along for Brett's sake. The moment they say talks have broken down or we haven't signed him media speculation will be rife. Brett is not ready to announce the move so the club is supporting him.

Theory only

Brett Stewart has been THE most electrifying player i have seen in Manly colours, but 4 years is way too big a risk considering his injury history.
If he won't accept a 2 year deal then i'd say goodbye, and concentrate on Gutherson and the future.

The problem we are going to face is the bulk of our current side will more than likely be retiring around the same time.

Kite,King,Stewarts x 2, watmough,matai,lyon all within a season or two of each other.
It appears Toov's see's this hence his targeting of skillfull under 20's players.

At the end of the day, no player is bigger than the Manly Sea Eagles - Club comes first!

Brett Stewart has been THE most electrifying player i have seen in Manly colours, but 4 years is way too big a risk considering his injury history.
If he won't accept a 2 year deal then i'd say goodbye, and concentrate on Gutherson and the future.

The problem we are going to face is the bulk of our current side will more than likely be retiring around the same time.

Kite,King,Stewarts x 2, watmough,matai,lyon all within a season or two of each other.
It appears Toov's see's this hence his targeting of skillfull under 20's players.

At the end of the day, no player is bigger than the Manly Sea Eagles - Club comes first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8