Ashes Tour

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Australia's use of the review has been woeful

Still another few twists in this game I'd say, won't be surprised if you get within 30

Poor capitulation after such a good start. A win is a long shot now but while they are there I guess there is hope. Looking forward to the session before lunch tonight.

Wasted review IMO. He didn't knick it. It wasn't a terrible decision. Accept the umpires decision.

Australia to pass them 8 dead.

voicefromthehill said:
Dont agree it was a wasted review, it certainly wasn't as plumb as Aleem Dars quick dismissal would have you believe.

It looked a pretty good shout live IMO. The thing the peeves me is that Watson just always seems to use a review, he doesn't even consult his partner just throws up the T symbol. Same when he is bowling. The prick always thinks he is hard done by, whether with bat or ball. He's a serial LBW candidate, you'd think he'd learn by now. Maybe it's just me but I swear if they kept stats on wasted referals Shane Watson's name would be at the top of the list.

Anyway back to the game. The wickets of Smith and Hughes show how hard this chase is going to be, the pitch is getting worse and I fear Swann will roll through us. If he doesn't then Anderson has no problem getting it going reverse and that will make life very difficult for tail enders. I don't know how well Haddin can knuckle down, and can we really expect a repeat of Agar's first innings heroics ?? The Poms aren't stupid, I'm sure they learn enough from that first innings 98 to come up with a plan for him, he won't catch them napping again. It'll be a massive win if we pull it off, one of our best ever. I'll be watching and cheering though, I'd love to see the look on Swann, Broad and Trott's faces if we pull it off, smarmy wankers.

You blokes aren't big fans of Swann are ya lol

I never know what to think of Broad because a few year back my mates sister was on the end of his line and length and that always makes me laugh

Chip and Chase said:
voicefromthehill said:
Dont agree it was a wasted review, it certainly wasn't as plumb as Aleem Dars quick dismissal would have you believe.

It looked a pretty good shout live IMO. The thing the peeves me is that Watson just always seems to use a review, he doesn't even consult his partner just throws up the T symbol. Same when he is bowling. The prick always thinks he is hard done by, whether with bat or ball. He's a serial LBW candidate, you'd think he'd learn by now. Maybe it's just me but I swear if they kept stats on wasted referals Shane Watson's name would be at the top of the list.

Anyway back to the game. The wickets of Smith and Hughes show how hard this chase is going to be, the pitch is getting worse and I fear Swann will roll through us. If he doesn't then Anderson has no problem getting it going reverse and that will make life very difficult for tail enders. I don't know how well Haddin can knuckle down, and can we really expect a repeat of Agar's first innings heroics ?? The Poms aren't stupid, I'm sure they learn enough from that first innings 98 to come up with a plan for him, he won't catch them napping again. It'll be a massive win if we pull it off, one of our best ever. I'll be watching and cheering though, I'd love to see the look on Swann, Broad and Trott's faces if we pull it off, smarmy wankers.

Cumulatively he is no doubt an a grade tool - the permanent smirk/sneer on his face is testament to that. But in that instance alone I think I will defend the referral

Absolutely agree VFTH. Swann has that real annoying come punch me in the face look about him.

Who is Agar's bat sponsor?

That's not out. Agar didn't hit that Stuart Broad.

Yeh I was trying to work out Agars bat as well. Didn't recognise the brand.

8 down now and looks like haddin is going to chance his arm from here on. The new ball might soften and stop moving in another 6 overs or so and then it'll be a wait before it'll go reverse. If haddin gets lucky for that period we might make a game of it.

What a catch !!

Pattinson can hold a stick but Haddin really has to go now

Personally I wouldn't mind getting to bed soon so won't mind if the game wraps up, was tossing up whether to hang on if it was a 2am finish !

Weren't they sending Warner to Africa with Australia A side ? He won't be in the country unless they change their mind. I don't know if there are many options other than Usman. If Smith is in the top 6 batsman in Australia we are in trouble already. They can't even use he excuse he is an all rounder as it seems unlikely he will bowl.

I've got a funny feeling they'll stick with this same side for Lords.

So now it looks likely if we lose it is going to be the difference between when Broad was not given out and his final score - cant say I'm thrilled by that

Kiwi Eagle said:
Warner is being sent to Africa with the A side so no chance it will be him

He is still in the dressing rooms, so still time to cancel flights

They made the call to send him over due to lack of match play so couldn't really see that changing you'd think, would look like a bit of panic if they changed the plan

Not sure they are getting it right here, these 2 got to within 30 by playing their shots, since getting there have shut up shop a bit though

5 umpires call decisions during the match, all 5 favoring England, could have been a very different match already

memories of Bichels elbow in 2005 come to mind

Wasn't it kaspers forearm that duded us that day,

Got to hand it to haddin, has chanced his arm and given us a sniff. if he grts us home here yhen he had more than justified hid selection. I can't see the ball going reverse before we knock off these 20 runs, so swann is the key. Can haddin keep the luck going his way

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8