Are You Renewing Your Membership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Are you renewing your Membership?

• Total voters
That AFL comparison is a bit of a furphy, they don't have privately owned clubs as far as I know. Therefore in the AFL you are buying into a "club", run by a board, and you can feel like a part of the family because you are a member per se. What does MWSE membership get you ?? You get merchandise and you assist in offsetting the private owners costs. You aren't a "member" of anything, you don't get a say in anything, there's no board to vote in or out, there's no forum through which to voice your opinion. You pay your money and you are basically along for the ride, whatever the owners decide, goes.

Plenty of the existing NRL clubs still have that public company, limited member model like the AFL, where you buy a membership and you can vote on the board etc. Manly don't so it's hard to get excited about the rhetoric of "buying in to the family". The closest we can get on that front is Football Club membership, but that is a toothless tiger at board level.

If you don't like the way the club is being run, then what other avenues are open to you to voice that displeasure other than NOT throwing more money at the private owners ?? That's a genuine question by the way, how else do the disenfranchised fans send a message ?

Anyway we all know that if we win the premeirship next year it'll all be forgotten in a flash, if we finish in the bottom half then the 2017 membership drive might be a difficult one.

Nailed it buddy, 110%

We do have over 4000 members and counting feathered friend :)
Just wondering...
Trolls spread negativity!
Can there be such a thing as an "anti troll"? People who are so effusive in their love for all things Penn and have one (positive for them) message to spread and don't deviate from the theme?
Is Bozo an "anti" troll?

For those talking about the costs of their memberships.... Just in case you don't know, Manly offer a 'supporter wings' membership for something like $85 or $8.50 on their easy payment plan. So if you were paying $300+ a year...you could do this and still be a member.

Ummm...for those with a more philosophical and or principled objection, I can't really add any more than the plethora of comments already posted.

Actually my membership got upgraded as I normally get a supporters one....but then I saw the introduction for an international one. It's the same but $10 more which is to help pay for postage I guess.

So I got the international one. Gotta help out the owners with postage, would hate for them to be on struggle street!

i just got my phone call from steve menzies and was on the phone for 30 minutes asking lots of questions before renewing 5 memberships for my family. lets hope all the stuff they are trying to achieve, that they do as it will be a hard sell next year otherwise

Just wondering...
Trolls spread negativity!
Can there be such a thing as an "anti troll"? People who are so effusive in their love for all things Penn and have one (positive for them) message to spread and don't deviate from the theme?
Is Bozo an "anti" troll?
I will answer your question like this feathered friend ......
People who are optimists see the glass as being half full. Optimists look on the bright side.
People who are pessimists see the glass as being half empty. Pessimists tend to see the worst in things.
I see a great future in our club and many more years of dominance with players like DCE Trbojevic Brothers Snake our inspirational captain Lyon. Great young players coming up from the under 20s . A player called Parcell who could be the next best thing. I see a star forward in Tapau who is keen to join our club over other clubs who have shown interest . I See our great winning proven culture continuing with the immortal Fulton being in charge . I see stability in our existence with the Penns on board and are grateful that they didn't take their money and piss off and leave us like Quantum did . I see an exciting new era with a new age coach in Barrett a coach ( NSW Country 2012-2015) and assistant coach that all players that he had anything to do with look up to him and respect .
Throughout our great history of dominance I saw great Manly players and officials come and go but our great Manly Sea eagles culture prevailed and progressed and keep soaring to more success
I also see the great Toovey as being a Manly Legend always no matter what

i just got my phone call from steve menzies and was on the phone for 30 minutes asking lots of questions before renewing 5 memberships for my family. lets hope all the stuff they are trying to achieve, that they do as it will be a hard sell next year otherwise
A personal call from Beaver would certainly sway my decision to renew.

A personal call from Beaver would certainly sway my decision to renew.
It's "personal" in that it is a recorded message. You can talk to him as much as you like but it'll be a one sided conversation my friend, as Beaver is sticking strictly to the script......Press 1 to hear my message again,

Sadly it's an emotive issue , as I said yesterday no one needs to be belittled for either renewing or not, nor should people be glorified for doing so , yes @BOZO thats aimed directly at you.
That's ok Feathered friend Mark . I take pride in flashing my club membership and feeling a part of our great club and having a contribution to our great players that run out on the field and make us proud .
127851622.jpg

It's "personal" in that it is a recorded message. You can talk to him as much as you like but it'll be a one sided conversation my friend, as Beaver is sticking strictly to the script......Press 1 to hear my message again,
Yes it is personal . The message is still from Beaver and Beaver still belongs as part of the Manly family . This message makes a big statement

what did u do Bozo....apart from flapping your gums. mate say what u want, but we are all supporters, but u just dribble cr@p 24/7
Apart from flapping my gums I also flashed my hard earned and became a member of our great club feathered friend
Go the mighty Sea eagles no matter what !!! :)

Yes it is personal . The message is still from Beaver and Beaver still belongs as part of the Manly family . This message makes a big statement
And Beaver is on the payroll, so hardly a magnanimous gesture on his part. Isn't he a membership ambassador or something ?? just doing what he gets paid to do.

Not knocking Beaver by the way....love the Beaver, but it is what it is, and to me it isn't a BIG statement.

Beaver has rung me twice this morning and I haven't been able to get a word in on either occasion. Found him to be quite rude actually and he continually talked over the top of me. Couldn't tell me if Manly will be playing at Brookvale or not next season. I think I'll wait

And Beaver is on the payroll, so hardly a magnanimous gesture on his part. Isn't he a membership ambassador or something ?? just doing what he gets paid to do.

Not knocking Beaver by the way....love the Beaver, but it is what it is, and to me it isn't a BIG statement.
Beaver is on the pay roll because he choses to distance himself from the politics and act is a professional manner . As we all know Beaver he is a man of loyalty and integrity and to me that is a very BIG statement

Beaver is on the payroll because he wants a job, nothing more, nothing less. I don't doubt the great man's commitment and loyalty, that's proven beyond doubt, but let's not try and make out there is something altruistic going on here.

Beaver is on the payroll because he wants a job, nothing more, nothing less. I don't doubt the great man's commitment and loyalty, that's proven beyond doubt, but let's not try and make out there is something altruistic going on here.
For the people that don't doubt Beavers loyalty to our great club and Beavers integrity We all know that Beaver is part of the club for the right reasons and not for the money .

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8