Are You Renewing Your Membership?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Are you renewing your Membership?

• Total voters
Not being a member doesn't make these things less enjoyable? I don't see the point of what you wrote? Because some chose not to renew doesn't make them lesser supporters they are just exercising their right as "customers" and fans to chose how and where get spend their money.

I didn't say anyone was less of fan than anyone else Wombat. I just feel the reasoning for not monetarily supporting the players over Zorba or Penn is unfounded.

Sorry if anyone took it that way - it was certainly not my intention.

I'm always an advocate of the fact that every fan is equal, and has a right to be a member or not - up to them.

I just feel the club needs us now, through this tough transitioning phase, and even though I hated the fashion in which they treated Toovey, but more importantly for me, Gutherson and Ballin, Manly are still my club, and being a season ticket holder is one of the ways I say thank you for the great times they have created for me.

I'm not trying to have a barney with anyone, nor do I think anyone is piss weak. What I do think, is that anything Zorba does, or a Penn, that would have an affect on people not renewing all of a sudden - that is kind of piss weak - **** Zorba, / **** Penn.

The one's that count, are the players that want to throw the jersey on for us next season - and man, I'm excited to watch a group of mates who actually wake up and want to be here.

Penns financial situation is well under controll. Whether 5000 of the most disillusioned fans renew ir not would have such a small effect on them financially that they would not even be so worried as to make a two minute video to members explainimg their vision for the club and why they have made their decisions the way they have.

I'm not turning my back on the players. I'll still cheer them on and go to a few games. Me having a membership makes no difference whatsoever to the players.
I am however turning my back on the suits who turned their back on Tooves in disgraceful manner. Not renewing my membership is the only avenue I have to do that. The players won't notice in the slightest if the membership numbers are down. Penn will.

Fair enough mate - and you know I'd never question yours, or anyone else's loyalties to the team.

Penns financial situation is well under controll. Whether 5000 of the most disillusioned fans renew ir not would have such a small effect on them financially that they would not even be so worried as to make a two minute video to members explainimg their vision for the club and why they have made their decisions the way they have.

My membership cost me around 265 bucks. If they miss 5,000 people paying around that, that's 1,325,000. That's hurt anyone ;)

My membership cost me around 265 bucks. If they miss 5,000 people paying around that, that's 1,325,000. That's hurt anyone ;)
What will hurt is the Penn's ego when the media publishes stats showing memberships and, I'm assuming, it underlines a dramatic fall off for the Sea Eagles, and reveals that paid support for the club has become the lowest in the NRL.
Of course, stats can be manipulated, as has been the 'spin' from the club claiming memberships have 'soared' to 4,000. That still sounds very low to me when they are targeting 15,000 members.

I'm not turning my back on the players. I'll still cheer them on and go to a few games. Me having a membership makes no difference whatsoever to the players.
I am however turning my back on the suits who turned their back on Tooves in disgraceful manner. Not renewing my membership is the only avenue I have to do that. The players won't notice in the slightest if the membership numbers are down. Penn will.
Thank God that the majority of our supporters are renewing their membership otherwise it would have an Impact on our club .

NRL marketing manager Michael Johnstone said: ''A lot of the [NRL] clubs have visited AFL clubs, but our role is to change people's understanding of what membership is … what we've tried to do over the years is stress the importance of membership to rugby league fans and distinguish the difference between season ticket holders and league club membership. It's more than a season ticket, it's belonging to and becoming a member of the family.''

Some members will not renew and follow Toovey
Some will not renew and Follow Foran
Some will not renew and dwell in their bitterness and Join Choc and rubbish our club
Most of us will know that there are politics in ALL clubs and understand that even though all that are involved in our great club have different views we all share the one common goal and that is we all want our club to succeed and this is why we have been the most successful club in the modern era because even though we all didn't get on with every body every body still got on with the job to support our main goal and that is to keep striving for success

Who ever wants to be consumed by their bitterness I say sweet dreams to you in 2016 and beyond

Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
5e654c0f81b7acb57e3341a0c9fbc95e.jpg

:snooze:
Thank God that the majority of our supporters are renewing their membership otherwise it would have an Impact on our club .

NRL marketing manager Michael Johnstone said: ''A lot of the [NRL] clubs have visited AFL clubs, but our role is to change people's understanding of what membership is … what we've tried to do over the years is stress the importance of membership to rugby league fans and distinguish the difference between season ticket holders and league club membership. It's more than a season ticket, it's belonging to and becoming a member of the family.''

Some members will not renew and follow Toovey
Some will not renew and Follow Foran
Some will not renew and dwell in their bitterness and Join Choc and rubbish our club
Most of us will know that there are politics in ALL clubs and understand that even though all that are involved in our great club have different views we all share the one common goal and that is we all want our club to succeed and this is why we have been the most successful club in the modern era because even though we all didn't get on with every body every body still got on with the job to support our main goal and that is to keep striving for success

Who ever wants to be consumed by their bitterness I say sweet dreams to you in 2016 and beyond

Go the mighty Sea eagles !!!
View attachment 2479

Yes Zorba...Yawn...Zzzz

I'm so tired of people slinging insults at others along the lines of them not being true supporters. It really is insulting.
Everyone doesn't have to think the same - ie if you're a true supporter you'll pay your bucks and support the club.
I don't like the way the present owners have gone about trashing our culture.
I don't want to give them money.
I know they won't go broke unless people stop being fat.
None of my beloved players will be upset in the slightest if I don't renew my 'membership'.
It's not a membership but a subscription with a bit of merch.
I have a very busy 2016 ahead and I'm not even sure when I'll be able to get to the games. In the past I would have bought a 'membership' anyway but now I will pay to put my bum on a seat when I have the time to put my bum on a seat.
Not one of my friends will cease to identify me as their crazy Manly supporter friend.
I won't shutup about my team, given the opportunity.
I won't miss a game, either live or on the telly.
I won't stop posting on Silvertails.
I'm just not giving the Penns my money.
And that is as much my right as that of my fellow Manly supporters who've chosen to renew.
OK.

Just did, so did my son and daughter. We did discuss it for a while before I convinced them

Well done mate . Without the members this club is not much of a club
And that's why it's not a club (like the football club) but a business.
Now you're starting to get the hang of it feathered friend!

That AFL comparison is a bit of a furphy, they don't have privately owned clubs as far as I know. Therefore in the AFL you are buying into a "club", run by a board, and you can feel like a part of the family because you are a member per se. What does MWSE membership get you ?? You get merchandise and you assist in offsetting the private owners costs. You aren't a "member" of anything, you don't get a say in anything, there's no board to vote in or out, there's no forum through which to voice your opinion. You pay your money and you are basically along for the ride, whatever the owners decide, goes.

Plenty of the existing NRL clubs still have that public company, limited member model like the AFL, where you buy a membership and you can vote on the board etc. Manly don't so it's hard to get excited about the rhetoric of "buying in to the family". The closest we can get on that front is Football Club membership, but that is a toothless tiger at board level.

If you don't like the way the club is being run, then what other avenues are open to you to voice that displeasure other than NOT throwing more money at the private owners ?? That's a genuine question by the way, how else do the disenfranchised fans send a message ?

Anyway we all know that if we win the premeirship next year it'll all be forgotten in a flash, if we finish in the bottom half then the 2017 membership drive might be a difficult one.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10