A new season begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
**** it is boring cricket from the UAE, Pakis grinding out a big score then the other side spending 3 days trying to survive

Lol that was a ripper of a catch !! Was a blinder in 1 of the games from Adam Milne as well

As for me I had a week off again last weekend as our 2nds won a 2 dayer inside a day again. Prems match went down to the wire, chasing 119, got there 9 down with 1 nut to spare

Prems have a T20 tournament all weekend while the 2nds start the 1 day campaign, which is where I think I will be

Clint said:
Was this you @'Kiwi Eagle'

Nice catch maaaattteee

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8928225

very nice catch!

'2 hands for beginners'

Wow. Steve Smith 12th man. Only player showing any form. Not sure what the love affair is with Maxwell.

Back in 2nds last weekend, 1st 1 dayer of the campaign against a team we smashed 1st day of the season in a 2 dayer

We won the toss and batted, were in a bit of strife at 113/6 after 30 but ended up 277/8 with the 7 scoring 47no, 8 got 41 and I was at 9 and hit a dirty 63

Then rolled them over for 52, I took 3/19 without bowling that well and the guy who made 47no took 4/13 so wasn't too bad a day all round !

Great day out for you KE. Well done.
I got called up to 1's this week. We lost the toss and they batted on an absolute road of a deck. 45 over game & they were 1 for 100 odd at drinks. Our bowlers were magnificent in keeping them to just 204 after 45. We were very happy with that. About 50-60 short of where they should have been.
I opened & am very proud to say I was involved in a 123 opening stand. I was out at drinks. My opening partner went on to score a superb 108no. We passed them 2 down after 33.
A great win.

Good effort Clint. We defended 215 easily, rolled them for under 100 in about 30 overs. Wins all round.

Chip and Chase said:
Good effort Clint. We defended 215 easily, rolled them for under 100 in about 30 overs. Wins all round.

Thanks mate. I was pretty stocked. I am not really a first grader. I was just filling in, so happy just to have made a contribution.

I think I'll quietly shuffle away from this thread. With all you guys either being or hovering around first grade, I am not qualified to post in here.

Although I dreamt I was bowling in a game of cricket last night.

-weird.

I played cricket at school, opening the bowling and batting.

I experienced the staggering dejection when one of my off-cutters went through the stumps without touching them. The umpire certainly didn't help when he said: "Wow, I have never seen that before."

Yeah, thank you sir. Why didn't you check the stumps before play?

Good win by Aussies last night. Is there a cleaner striker of the ball in Australia than Faulkner ? Wow he murdered a couple of those pulls off steyne.

Was half keen to go to the game tomorrow but have to play myself. Really looking forward to that in the predicted 40 deg temps.

Still with 2nds yesterday, we had a hell of a game !

I was skipper for the day, deck is extremely low and slow and gets worse as the day goes on, so was definitely a bat 1st, but thunderstorms were forecast for about 2pm so was a bit worried about them. During warm ups the temp jumped to 30 so was never any doubt about batting 1st after that and won the toss which the boys were happy with

Got off to a flyer against the new pill, getting to 70/1 from 15 then it turned into extremely hard work and we ended at 164 from 47 overs. I contributed 18 to that before being bowled off my thigh pad

I took the new nut and got carted around a bit. We took a few big wickets to have them 100/6 at 1 point before 1 of their guys dug in. At 130 odd I decided to attack and brought back myself and the other opening bowler. He made their number 8 **** himself and he skied one so that work, while I came on at the other end and watched the 1st 3 balls all cross the boundary line, at 4 overs for 29 thought I'd pull the pin but keep going. Knocked over the number 9 a few overs later, and starting my last over they needed 8 to win, got sent back over my head for 4, then the guy shut up shop until the last ball of the over where he chipped one to a diving mid wicket, I ended with 2/43 from 10. Left the main batter on strike for the next over with 4 to win, he hit it to the cover sweeper and turned down the run, then next ball hit it about 10-15m to my left and decided to go, took me on for the 2nd run and his partner was a mile short and we ended up winning the game by 2 runs just as the rain starting coming down and we carried on like idiots after that

We didn't play very well at all but very nice to take the win

Day 1 of a two day game.
Overnight rain. Outfield slow. Soft deck. Our skipper wins the toss and we bat.
Hopefully we get through the initial tough period and cash in in the afternoon.
Unfortunately it wasn't to be.
Tough session at the crease sees us all out for 103. Probably worth about 140 in real terms but still not enough..... or is it.
Them 1 for 2, 2 for 4, 3 for 10, 5 for 20. They shut up shop & are 6 for 49 at stumps.
A slow long day. Needless to say early wickets are crucial next week. Outright result likely for one team. Hopefully us.

Chip and Chase said:
I can assure you I wouldn't make 5th grade. Strictly park cricket for me.

Ahh, maybe I'll post in this thread again then!

But I'm not sure yet.

Doesn't anyone lose a game in this thread????

We are 3 from 3 this year so far, so in answer to your question "no we haven't lost a game". Might struggle this week though, we are chasing 220 something against one of the better attacks in the grade. But outfield is quick with all this dry weather, however our number one bat is out with a broken hand.

A broken hand.....at least he isn't doing as bad as phil hughes. (hope he gets better)

Clint said:
Was this you @'Kiwi Eagle'

Nice catch maaaattteee

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8928225

T'was watching the highlights of the month on sports centre over here yesterday.

And that catch made number 2.

They very very very rarely put cricket on as a highlight and (as they said) it was the first time ever that someone in the crowd got on the list.

didn't mention it was the batsman's bro-in-law though!

Good stuff! Go cricket!

Soooooooooooooooo........................... yesterday was a good day to be a bowler... which I am not... A reasonable amount of rain during the week ensured that the toss was important. Which we won.
We sent the opposition in. Our bowlers got us off to a tremendous start. 1 for 19, 2 for 31, 3 for 31, 4 for 31, 5 for 35. They were all out for 81. We were obviously pretty happy with our efforts and look forward to knocking off the total in day 1 of a 2 day game.
Ok then... our turn to bat.. 1 for 2, 2 for 3, 3 for 11 all out 49... hmmmmm.. Not a tremendous effort.
We then had 5 overs at them before the close of play and got 2 wickets.
So effectively they are about 2 for 50. Should be an outright result next week one way or another..
Hopefully we can show a bit more application with the bat next week.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8