A new season begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Am absolutely ruined at the moment !!

Had a 9.30am start yesterday, thru til 6, and played a 50 over game today

2nd day of the 2 dayer was a good but frustrating one. We knocked them over in the morning for a lead of 83, we then were in the crap at 12/4 before a 3rd grade guy hit 50no and I made 38 and we set them 231 from 45 overs. Got a wicket 3rd ball and the rest of the day saw a lot of swearing as the ball went thru the slips for 4 repeatedly and catches dropped. We had them 6 down just after tea but the next wicket went pretty much thru til stumps so draw for us

Up to Prems today, against the Canterbury U20s side. We batted 1st, I came in at 168/7 after 45. We got stuck in and made 235/7 from our 50, was hitting it ok and ended with 33no from 12 pills. Our bowlers then bowled pretty well and we knocked them over for 150odd in 43 overs

Somewhere around the 115-120 overs in the field mark has me walking like a cripple now lol

Nice hitting KE. Big couple of days for you mate. We had a 40 over game yesterday. I made 33 in a 50 odd opening partnership in our total of 172. Rolled them for 100 odd. Big day going from deep backward square to deep mid on & then keeping after our regular keeper trundled off for work. Hurting today? Yep! But not probably as much as you as KE.

I enjoy reading KE's summaries more than I do looking up aust v pakistan at the moment!

good stuff :)

And same for you Clint as well.

Errr.....it's raining here for the last 400 trillion days but that means snow is falling on top of the mountain I guess.

Yeah the Aussies have been diabolical.

So no cricket for you then this season @globaleagle

Nah.

no skill, no pitch, no equipment, no other players, too much snow and again, no skill.

Another season of "hey guys, it's snowing....game called, off to the pub!"

All is well :)

Kiwi Eagle said:
Been an absolute nightmare as club captain this week ! 2 of our lads have made the Canterbury side, our clubs best player has thrown his toys and gone to another club and 3 other guys are unavailable in Prems so I've been trying nearly every number in my phone to round up enough for 2nd and 3rd grade !!

We are in the middle of a pretty good game, we made 254/7dec and they are 82/3 after 31 in their 1st innings. Starting an hour earlier due to rain last Saturday afternoon

You've got my number mate, give me a call. I'm available if you guys can cover travel cost and a small per diem to cover my expenses. Ignore what I said in the posts above, I'm actually very good. I scored 29 last weekend, so my average is on the up. I'll let you know how I go with the cherry tomorrow, but I expect a Michelle at the very least. Just one quick question though, you guys are allowed to put electrical tape on one half of the tennis ball over there aren't you ?? If I'm honest I might struggle with the ball if that's not the case. Nonetheless I can catch, so if I don't bowl I can probably solve your slips problem.

Get in quick though, the way the Aussies are going I may be on my way to Abu Dhabi instead.

wow.....the Aussies are getting thumped! It's almost painful to wake up and click on espncricinfo.

duh, spin.....wots that all about?????

globaleagle said:
wow.....the Aussies are getting thumped! It's almost painful to wake up and click on espncricinfo.

duh, spin.....wots that all about?????

Yep. Pretty darn ordinary. Ball swings, we are in trouble. Ball spins we are in trouble. But put us on our flat roads in Oz, and look out. :s

We had a good game yesterday. 45 over game. We bowled first and kept them to 2 for 60 at first drinks. (22 overs) They ended up on 174 after 45. A good effort by our bowlers. They were probably about 30-40 short of par.
I opened and we were 66 when the first wicket fell. As often happens, when then lost a few and were struggling a bit at for 3 for 80.
Batting got harder as the day went on as we continued to lose wickets at regular intervals.
We passed their score 8 down in the last over.
We have a team of kids that we are grooming for 1's. Most pleasing was that our skipper was not required to bat. This is the guy that currently has an average of 240 this year. He put himself right down the order in the hopes the kids could see us home. Great win in the end.

Anyone a fan of these types of pitches? Might be just my bias to watching the seamers.

Pitch hasn't affected the Pakistani batsmen.

I'm a fan of any pitch that brings a result.

Fair point C&C. Just don't have the spinners and play on these pitches enough

Good job Clint!

Sorry to put aussie stuff in here but at the moment they don't deserve their own thread!!!!

1 good thing...finally Younis Kahn didn't score a century!

Better dust off that ashes urn...may have to return it soon!

For the life of me I cannot work out this Glenn maxwell as a test player theory. He can't do either discipline well enough to warrant selection in my book, and on a pitch doing a bit he looks ordinary with the bat but can't take a wicket. Stick to short form.

Chip and Chase said:
For the life of me I cannot work out this Glenn maxwell as a test player theory. He can't do either discipline well enough to warrant selection in my book, and on a pitch doing a bit he looks ordinary with the bat but can't take a wicket. Stick to short form.

Anyone that calls them self 'the big show' should not be selected on principle.

No games for us this weekend.
A Colts carnival took up the bulk of the turf wickets in town so no grade games at all.
If I could bat, bowl, field and was 20 years younger, I reckon I may have been considered. :s

So instead, on a beautiful 25 degree sun shiny day, I got to spend the whole day inside, watching 11 year olds play basketball.

The pakis are dishing it up to your lot as well KE. Younus is in some fine form.

I on the other hand got a golden on the weekend. Hate that.

Chip and Chase said:
The pakis are dishing it up to your lot as well KE. Younus is in some fine form.

I on the other hand got a golden on the weekend. Hate that.

ah goldens, how I remember thee!

btw, if you are ever in nth america...paki's is seen as an extremely racist term!

They are surprised when I tell then it isn't in aust.

But then again, spastic isn't seen as a bad term here...but is worse in aust, etc.

Isn't it interesting how cricket has developed. I remember when 1 dayers were introduced and it was basically seeing all the test players don the weird colours. Remember when tubby taylor didn't want 2 different captains between the test team and one dayers?

Now we had a 20/20 series whilst the test team was being thumped by pakistan!!!!

changing times hey!

The only guys who think paki is an offensive term over here are my Indian teammates ;) which I wind them up about all the time.

Was this you @'Kiwi Eagle'

Nice catch maaaattteee

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=8928225

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7