A new season begins

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
LOL. I thought we struggled yesterday to get to 130, but 49 !! It's been a few years since I've been part of a sub 50 collapse. Wicket doing a bit was it ??!!

No. We play on concrete C&C.....:blush: lol

There was a bit in it but not enough to justify 22 wickets for 150. There was a significant green patch at one end which both sets of bowlers did well to exploit. Was keeping a bit low at the other, but again not enough to justify the low scores.
Supposed to rain all week so Saturday could be interesting.
Hopefully we get a chance at redemption.

We had 2 1 dayers over the weekend

Saturday we had our 1st loss of the season. Pitch was the worst I've ever played on in this grade, absolute disgrace. We were inserted and made 85 and they got there 4 down. I took 1/20 from 6 to go with my last man out for 13

Sunday we played on a track with a bit of pace and bounce in it, and we got a couple of good nuts and they took 4 blinders and we were all gone for 95. We have the best bowling attack in the grade so backed ourselces on that deck and rolled them over for 71 to win with a bonus point. Our opening bowler had them scared before he had even bowled a ball, and when their number 5 came out he said to me he hadn't worn a helmet for 5 years but was today because of our bloke haha. I took 3/9 to go with 10 with the bat

3 points clear at the top with 2 rounds to go so semi final spot is all but booked

Absolute disaster in the weekend for us, needed to win to make the semis and got smoked. 274 v 120

1/52 and 2 for me so not a great day, have ended the round robin tied for 4th but looks like we miss out on countback

Got into a bit of an argument with the other side after I bowled a batsman with a full toss and square leg umpire no balled it !

He must be 4ft 2" KE for it be called a full bunger no-ball and it still bowled him.. :dodgy:
We were pretty ordinary with the bat on the weekend too.
45 over match. We got sent in and were all out for 135.
But, all I can say is thankfully we have the best bowler in the comp in our team.
They were 1 for 8, 2 for 8, 3 for 10, 4 for 12, 5 for 16, 6 for 19. All out for 51.
He just ripped through them.
I was at mid off and it was a pleasure to watch.
He told me 3 balls in advance what he was going to do. Outie, outie, then an innie right at the base of the stumps. And bingo. On ya bike son.
Great win. We are top of the table heading in Christmas.
No more round games until the end of January now.
We have our 20/20 comp the first two weeks back in January.
Great concept. Similar to IPL in that you go into a draft, so you end up playing with blokes you normally play against and play against some of your team mates from club cricket. We just don't get paid. :(
I played last year and it's great fun. Great way to meet some of the other guys you are normally up against.

So how did everyone's season go?
We have our GF this weekend.
We are defending premiers playing the minor premiers.
Should be a cracker.
Good luck to us. :p

We absolute stuffed our grade win yesterday, very disappointing. Was 1 v 2 winners takes all. On day 1 we made 210, were 46/6 until someone hit 113, and I took 5/28 to have them following on after making 96.

They ended up making 314 2nd innings setting us 200 with 43 overs left in the game, draw was good enough for us. Our batsman then proceeded to play like absolute idiots and we were all out for 148 in 23 overs, disgraceful. I was stonewalling them until we lost a couple of quick wickets, and with 26 overs left to play and 100 to win decided our only chance was me getting a big score so I started tucking into them, before getting a **** little leading edge that carried somehow to a deep mid off. Gutted

486 runs and 39 wickets for the season is a good return numbers wise but feel like I underperformed

Cricket not quite over for me, head up to Auckland on the 6th for 1 weeks cricket at the club nationals. Best team from the 6 first class regions send a team. Play a round robin for 5 days then a finals day, last time we went we won all the games then lost the final. Should be quite a few first class and ex internationals there, think we play Mat Sinclair on day 1

Good luck then mate.
Thanks mate, but unfortunately we fell well short. They passed us 3 down. Not much of a contest. We had close games with these guys all year but they certainly outplayed us when it mattered most. @:(
Hopefully we'll get them next year.

We absolute stuffed our grade win yesterday, very disappointing. Was 1 v 2 winners takes all. On day 1 we made 210, were 46/6 until someone hit 113, and I took 5/28 to have them following on after making 96.

They ended up making 314 2nd innings setting us 200 with 43 overs left in the game, draw was good enough for us. Our batsman then proceeded to play like absolute idiots and we were all out for 148 in 23 overs, disgraceful. I was stonewalling them until we lost a couple of quick wickets, and with 26 overs left to play and 100 to win decided our only chance was me getting a big score so I started tucking into them, before getting a **** little leading edge that carried somehow to a deep mid off. Gutted

486 runs and 39 wickets for the season is a good return numbers wise but feel like I underperformed

Cricket not quite over for me, head up to Auckland on the 6th for 1 weeks cricket at the club nationals. Best team from the 6 first class regions send a team. Play a round robin for 5 days then a finals day, last time we went we won all the games then lost the final. Should be quite a few first class and ex internationals there, think we play Mat Sinclair on day 1

Bad luck KE. I know how you feel mate. Sucks hey.....

@Clint
@Kiwi Eagle

Bad luck guys, but well done in getting there. Some great figures by you, ke and as you said, it'd be nice if the batsmen didn't implode.

Next year?

But well done again in getting there.

I'm posting this from Idaho, so that makes it cooler, I guess.

Not sure about next year, I'd say I will be playing again, but an entirely different scenario for me. After 6 seasons of being either captain of a team or Club Captain I've handed my notice in and if I come back it will be player only and trying to find some enjoyment in it again without worrying about all the other stuff

However if we won the club nationals next week that might be a nice way to go out ...

Just completed my season yesterday

Up at the national club champs, we qualified for the final winning 4 of our 5 games

I sat out the 1st 2 days. Won the 1st by 222 runs scoring 360/5 and rolling them for 138. 2nd day we only made 151 and the other team were 80/1 at 1 stage before we ran through them for 136 with our spinner taking a hat trick to end it.
Played the Wellington team next up and they put 174 on the board. I took 2/11 and came in at 90/4 needing a run a ball. Hit 35no from 25 so was happy with that to get us home

Next up we played the best team and got absolutely nailed, think it was 249 v 89, I top scored with 22

Next day turned into a virtual semi final and chasing 220 we were 44/5 before a partnership of 90 was put on. I came out and we put on 63 in 7 overs before both getting out and had a nervous watch at the 9 and 10 got us home with 2 wickets to spare

In the final we bowled and fielded well but they batted nicely thru to 235/9. We had a disaster of a start and at 19/4 it was game over. I came in around 50/5 and we lost another quick one before me and the next batter took us through to 130/6 and feeling back in the hunt with 20 overs to play before we both got out and that was that, 138 all out. They were a very classy side with an international spinner and first class opening bowler in the side along with a couple of 1st class bats

I ended averaging 44 as striking at 133 so happy enough with that but would have been nice to go 1 further

We got rolled in our Grand Final last weekend too. I was going to retire if we won, so it looks like I might have to go around for another season now.

Bad luck C&C. Know how you feel mate.
So basically we are all a bunch of losers. @:p
Cricket sucks, footy sucks... Go the Swannies..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7