9's Game Day (for the fans)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jono Wright injured? He cantered to the Warriors first try scorer at one third pace? Or was that a nod to his old team

Glad you noticed that as well mate, had to double take when I saw him back peddling with no speed. Big body but no speed for an outside back, I imagine he may be a few spots down in the FG outside back list.

I'm sick of these negative posters, who have never strapped on a boot. 2 games, 2 wins, and we should probably get towelled by the Eels, but no major injuries so far, very happy with the boys, well done! A nice hit out so far

(just waiting for the disagrees from the merkins on here)

I'm sick of these negative posters, who have never strapped on a boot. 2 games, 2 wins, and we should probably get towelled by the Eels, but no major injuries so far, very happy with the boys, well done! A nice hit out so far

No one had disagreed with you @1969 , someone had to fill the void!

Gutho, Hiku, Ferris, Knight, Ballin gone all gone. They're not coming back. Really who cares they wear other jumpers now and i don't care for any jumper other than Manly. If you ain't in a Manly jumper you ain't in my team. So let's all move onwards and upwards. Go Manly you bloody good thing.

Only read through the first two pages, so my thoughts may have already been expressed. Any way, my two cents:

I appreciate the 9's, but understand why many clubs (including Manly) don't risk their stars. Therefore, I had low expectations for the 9's. Warriors were woeful, Dragons not much better, however we played solid, mistake-free football.

Highlight - Cullen. He won't get in front of DCE or Green, but if either are out, we have a first grade standard backup.

Despite some comments I read, I thought Uate looked ok. Ran hard, and looked a handful. Also thought it was good to see Horhay and BJ running freely. Didn't notice the 'awful' defence by Sironen, however was supervising 4 kids at the time, so may have missed it. However, thought he ran strongly and I think he could be a great pickup.

Despite the ad-lib nature of 9's, I thought we showed a bit of 13-a-side structure at times in attack, which was pleasing.

If I must have a negative, when I noticed someone not committing to a tackle and allowing an offload / linebreak, it often seemed to be Joey Lussick. First time I've seen him play so don't want to harp on it, but just something that stuck out to me.

Overall, happy with the display, pleased with no injuries. Don't think we'll go past the Quarters, but I didn't think we'd may make them, so who knows.

Go Manly!

"Probably Getting towelled by the Eels" Doesn't sound extremely positive though !

"Towelled " by the eels ? We will see - Manly $3.25 on TAB great odds for this game. Great to see the team spirit between the players and obvious respect for Lawrence as captain. Go Manly

APPEARANCE FEES GET PLAYERS OFFSIDE

THERE is growing unrest among NRL players over the Auckland Nines and the fact superstars Johnathan Thurston, Jarryd Hayne and local hero Shaun Johnson are being paid between $40,000 and $70,000 to play.

While three of the biggest names in the game are getting huge appearance money, the other 285 players from the 16 clubs get zilch.

It is why many of the biggest names in the game have brushed the event.

Obviously coaches make the final decision on selections and are reluctant to risk injuries with their superstars so close to the start of the season.

But a number of players made their own decision and asked not to be considered for selection because of the money issue.

Thurston, Hayne and Johnson have done a small amount of pre-tournament promotional work but the bulk of their money is for the appearance fee.

A number of fans are wondering why Cowboys coach Paul Green is risking Thurston, the competition’s most valuable player, suffering an injury.

The appearance money is the reason why and Thurston made the decision to play himself.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...w/news-story/9e6dcb6f82b00f472ca647dfdbcda5f7

In other injury news, Benji Marshall found himself in the wars in his debut outing for the Broncos, requiring stitches for a mouth cut in the first game and leaving the second with Achilles tendonitis.

South Sydney back Aaron Gray left Eden Park in a leg brace, Sea Eagle Dylan Walker has a calf complaint and Kiwi Ferns veteran Kahurangi Peters is awaiting news on how serious her Achilles injury is.

Another example of how Thurston is not on the money people claim he is on, especially when trying to say DCE get paid more.

Not sure how this money is cap exempt either.

How cool is it to be talking footy? I don't mean to hijack this thread - ok maybe just a little, but indulge me for a second.

I get a great kick out of being able to jump on Silvertails each day and talk all things Manly. It is very well run, the look and feel is great and it's a lot of fun. It is really easy to fall into the trap of taking something like this for granted.

This site is not about making a fortune for Dan, for big $ to roll in, a vehicle for an early retirement - this is genuinely for the fans, pure and simple. There are very few products and services out there that are not about making big profits, but purely for the love of something. This site is purely for the love of Manly and for us to have a place to vent, laugh, get into arguments and celebrate the greatest game and greatest team on the planet.

So I hope, like I did this year for the first time, you recognise that these sites don't run themselves and don't come for free and decide to join the tipping comp. A small contribution from each of us has a big impact on the continued running and improvement of this site. Plus you get to tip and have some fun, so if you can afford it, then don't hesitate - just do it.

No more hijacking I promise.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8