9's Game Day (for the fans)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Much better than last year in my view, and I watched every game both days . Even the commentators mentioned how big our players looked.

Lol. I'll stick with Jorge for the moment. Back row more than centre.

We may have seen a transition of position in the 9's. Trial may tell more. He was our best after day one. I'm disappointed with how a number of our plays performed against the rifff under pressure.

Don't think we can just single out Jorge. Win as a team lose as a team.

Cronk in Fox today said storm do a lot of work executing plays under fatigue. Think we need more of that. Esp field goals.

Jarrad Kennedy hasn't been mentioned much but he didn't really stand out ... solid tradesman like performance ...

Much better than last year in my view, and I watched every game both days . Even the commentators mentioned how big our players looked.
I thought Peter Schuster would have been given a decent go given his 7's rugby background. How did he fare out of curiosity??? I heard he looked pretty big and quick and I understand he's actually the quickest in the club over 40 metres too including Tommy Turbo...

the little time he got he looked good ... Brian Kelly could be really something as long as he doesn't defend like cousin Jimmy the Jet

Jarrad Kennedy hasn't been mentioned much but he didn't really stand out ... solid tradesman like performance ...
Was that him that missed the goal against the Panthers right in front? I couldn't believe they gave him such an important kick.

Hahahaha I actually tried uploading one of myself in Canada proudly wearing my Manly jacket, but it wouldn't let me.

Must be a sign. My happiness is there for all to see.

I am certain there exists a difference between "touch-me-happy" and "touch-my-happy" although I don't want to go there .... as for all to see ... anyway, the more happy people on this forum the better.

I thought Peter Schuster would have been given a decent go given his 7's rugby background. How did he fare out of curiosity??? I heard he looked pretty big and quick and I understand he's actually the quickest in the club over 40 metres too including Tommy Turbo...
Yeah, he didn't get as much game time as I expected. He looked like he had some speed but never got the opportunity to stride out and show it off unfortunately.

He will need to get some decent time in the trials if he is going to contend for a wing spot in FG - I'd say he is one that might get a crack later in the year if injuries or suspensions arise. Parker would be ahead of him as would Brian Kelly. I actually think Brian Kelly might get first crack at Matai's jumper if he can't continue.

There is obvious interest in what will later become known by Historians as the vacant centre spot.

Can somebody, possibly @Smokin Joe please tell me where Kelly played his football in the U/20's, all I know is he played wing for the JNR SOO.

Again to my knowledge Schuster is a fullback, has he played any centre?

T. Wright appears to be a fullback 5/8. Has he ever played centre?

Parker has played all his football at centre, except his 4/5 FG games.

Was just able to answer my own question re Kelly @Smokin Joe

Brian Kelly played 20 U/20 games

First 8 as fullback for 5 tries
next 7 as winger for 4 tries
last 5 as a centre for 2 tries.

So that establishes he has played centre.

There is obvious interest in what will later become known by Historians as the vacant centre spot.

Can somebody, possibly @Smokin Joe please tell me where Kelly played his football in the U/20's, all I know is he played wing for the JNR SOO.

Again to my knowledge Schuster is a fullback, has he played any centre?

Parker has played all his football at centre, except his 4/5 FG games.

Ballina Seagulls

Yes but Rugby

Steve Knight was a centre for Manly Rugby Union before he saw the light ... so yes it probably counts for something

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10