2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My hopeful team:
Turbo
Taufua
Matai
Walker
Hardakar (not sure why we haven't thrown the bank at this guy)
DCE
Green
Lussick (C)
Parcell
Jake
Buhrer
Taupau
Hopoate (imagine if he gets the nod and sets the world on fire. Could make our season)

AFB
Api
Evans
Lane
Don't think we'll waste a bench spot on a hooker for next year.

AFB was going great at prop as was Jake Trbojevic at Lock so I can't see them moving, perhaps Buhrer starts the year in 12 and J. Hopoate pushes him back to bench at the back end of the season, becoming the starting second row himself cause I see him being a star as I do with Meehan who must be on the bench.

Lane is a good injury back up and could force himself into the 17. The only thing I really disagree with is Hardaker, please do not tell me that we will ever throw him the chequebook, he is not nrl standard and is far more of a risk than even Uate who can at least refind his brilliance.

Heard we are after Ben Matalino in another thread and that would be awesome, he'd kick AFB back to the bench and start at prop but we'll see if that's really true that rumour.

Good times ahead nevertheless!

Don't think we'll waste a bench spot on a hooker for next year.

AFB was going great at prop as was Jake Trbojevic at Lock so I can't see them moving, perhaps Buhrer starts the year in 12 and J. Hopoate pushes him back to bench at the back end of the season, becoming the starting second row himself cause I see him being a star as I do with Meehan who must be on the bench.

Lane is a good injury back up and could force himself into the 17. The only thing I really disagree with is Hardaker, please do not tell me that we will ever throw him the chequebook, he is not nrl standard and is far more of a risk than even Uate who can at least refind his brilliance.

Heard we are after Ben Matalino in another thread and that would be awesome, he'd kick AFB back to the bench and start at prop but we'll see if that's really true that rumour.

Good times ahead nevertheless!

Don't forget Darcy ! He was probably our form forward for the latter part of the year.
Plenty of reasons to be excited about our pack next year.

Don't forget Darcy ! He was probably our form forward for the latter part of the year.
Plenty of reasons to be excited about our pack next year.
Yep loved the way Darcy played this year. Led from the front. Hoping he gets to play for the Blues next year. He is an enforcer. We have some serious mongrel for next i reckon. Darcy, Taupau, AFB, Meehan, Myles, Hoppa etc.

Still think both Tom Wright and Jamil will find their way into the Manly 1sts early next year. Maybe not at first given Barrett's tendency for conservatism, but I suspect along with Meehan and Parker, they'll get their chance before mid season. Of course that depends upon who makes the 25 cut off. Who do you think will make it.
Tom wright is way off first grade 1 more year in the 20s then see. Not an easy transition from rugby to league defence wise for tom. Hopefully he learns quick because he has a lot of talent

Personally, I think our strongest 17 might look something like:

1 - Tom Trbojevic
2 - Jorge Taufua
3 - Dylan Walker
4 - Steve Matai (if playing)
5 - Akuila Uate
6 - Blake Green
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
8 - Darcy Lussick
9 - Matt Parcell
10 - Kane Evans (?)
11 - Martin Taupau
12 - Jamie Buhrer (c)
13 - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Addin Fonua-Blake, Shaun Lane, Nate Myles, Api Koroisau

Back ups - Lewis Brown, Brayden Wiliame, Matthew Wright, Brad Parker, Cameron Cullen, Brenton Lawrence, Jamil Hopoate, Willis Meehan.

Api would be there as a utility in place of Brown. The big questions are Matai's health and if we sign someone like Kane Evans. If we don't get a decent forward I'd say AFB to prop and either BJ, Hopoate or Meehan to the bench.

Just re-posting @Mase from another thread, what's everyone's thoughts if this comes off?

"Tony Veitch(Nz radio host) Said on his show it looks like Ben Matulino could be on his way to either Manly, Or the Knights.
Kearney would prefer he stay at the Warriors. But he knows he needs a change of scenery".
Would be very happy with that.. Hope we get him very good forward

"Tony Veitch(Nz radio host) Said on his show it looks like Ben Matulino could be on his way to either Manly, Or the Knights.
Kearney would prefer he stay at the Warriors. But he knows he needs a change of scenery".
The bloke I'd like to see us to sign would be Simon Mannering.He reminds me a lot of Ben Kennedy, an inspirational player. Matulino would be good though.

Personally, I think our strongest 17 might look something like:

1 - Tom Trbojevic
2 - Jorge Taufua
3 - Dylan Walker
4 - Steve Matai (if playing)
5 - Akuila Uate
6 - Blake Green
7 - Daly Cherry-Evans
8 - Darcy Lussick
9 - Matt Parcell
10 - Kane Evans (?)
11 - Martin Taupau
12 - Jamie Buhrer (c)
13 - Jake Trbojevic (c)

Res - Addin Fonua-Blake, Shaun Lane, Nate Myles, Api Koroisau

Back ups - Lewis Brown, Brayden Wiliame, Matthew Wright, Brad Parker, Cameron Cullen, Brenton Lawrence, Jamil Hopoate, Willis Meehan.

Api would be there as a utility in place of Brown. The big questions are Matai's health and if we sign someone like Kane Evans. If we don't get a decent forward I'd say AFB to prop and either BJ, Hopoate or Meehan to the bench.

I think we might get another forward and maybe even a back before the dust settles on 2016, do I have inside information , no, but my mate @The Wheel might have and I'd rather believe him than most of these sports journo's posting click bait!!!

The bloke I'd like to see us to sign would be Simon Mannering.He reminds me a lot of Ben Kennedy, an inspirational player. Matulino would be good though.
Simon is the heart & soul of that club. I think he'll play out his career there.
Which is a shame. He may never get the chance to play/win a grand final with that lot lol.
Matulino use to bend the line, make a ton of metres. Smash anybody that dare ran in his direction. Since Cappy has been coach, it's like it has been coached out of him. Manly is where he could get back to his best form.

I'm excited, with the side we have available already well they are likely a top 4 side, then you add further signings like possibly Matulino, Evans, Mau or Vaughan and we are premiership threats yet I'm not banking on Uate performing or Matai being fit to play yet if they are then we will be back doing the eagle rock this time next year!

I'm not just optimistic, I'm literally feeling confident for the first time since 14' hahah not long yet it is a long time for a manly fan!

Simon is the heart & soul of that club. I think he'll play out his career there.
Which is a shame. He may never get the chance to play/win a grand final with that lot lol.
Matulino use to bend the line, make a ton of metres. Smash anybody that dare ran in his direction. Since Cappy has been coach, it's like it has been coached out of him. Manly is where he could get back to his best form.

If it is between us and the Knights I'd like to think we're a more attractive proposition!

I don't think anyone in the nrl will sign Hardaker,he has a 450,000 dollar transfer fee attached to him from his super league club that will count against next years salary cap,I think he is only here on the say so from his super league club....

The problem I have with these recycled players is that the club isn't like it used to be.Hasler and to a lesser extent Tooves,had a bit of Bellamy about them where they could turn other clubs rejects into serviceable players that complimented the super stars.Not sure Barrett and his cohorts are experienced enough to do the same

The problem I have with these recycled players is that the club isn't like it used to be.Hasler and to a lesser extent Tooves,had a bit of Bellamy about them where they could turn other clubs rejects into serviceable players that complimented the super stars.Not sure Barrett and his cohorts are experienced enough to do the same
Yes but we have the players to turn them around, Marty Tapau and Lussick as I said will bring the best out of Matulino, once again if the rumour is indeed true of which is seems to be.

I could live with this squad for 2017 & beyond if it eventuated! I don't mind Uate, would love Evans in Manly colors & a fit Matai would be great! Also dependent on who else we sign i guess?

1. TOM T
2. A UATE
3. S MATAI
4. D WALKER
5. J TAUFUA
6. B GREEN
7. DCE
8. D LUSSICK
9. M PARCELL
10. K EVANS
11. M TAUPAU
12. J BUHRER
13. JAKE T

14. AFB
15. N MYLES
16. S LANE
17. A KOROISAU

18. B LAWRENCE
19. J HOPOATE
20. W MEEHAN
21. B PARKER
22. J WRIGHT
23. B WILIAME
24. L BROWN
25. M WRIGHT
26. T WRIGHT
27. F WINTERSTEIN
I don't believe lane will be in the top 17. He is very lacklustre

Matulino is a must for us in my opinion. He can create a lot of second phase play with his offloads which I think we sorely missed this year. Good metre eater also and can play backrow. Could be one of the buys of the year!!

Yes but we have the players to turn them around, Marty Tapau and Lussick as I said will bring the best out of Matulino, once again if the rumour is indeed true of which is seems to be.
I think Taupau and Lussick need to concentrate on getting their game to a more consistent level,let alone helping others.Lussick had a very good 2nd half of the season and without being too callous,I think he had a bit of inspiration,so I'd like to see him continue that form next yr before I'm confident he's turned the corner

I think Taupau and Lussick need to concentrate on getting their game to a more consistent level,let alone helping others.Lussick had a very good 2nd half of the season and without being too callous,I think he had a bit of inspiration,so I'd like to see him continue that form next yr before I'm confident he's turned the corner
Thought Lussick was great all year, Tapau just took a while to adapt seeing he missed a few games and had to play at prop. They will just need to keep leading by example to lift players like Matulino, not necessarily any work helping fix his game.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8