2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Oh please!
Just trying to be positive. Not saying next year will be better than 2011 but it is possible. If we are coached well next year i believe we can fire. Just need Turbo, Walker etc to get more space and burn the opposition. I think Darcy, Buhrer, Taupau, Jake etc are in for a big 2017 which can set the platform. Plus there aren't many easy beats these days which makes it harder. Apart from the Knights.

Just trying to be positive. Not saying next year will be better than 2011 but it is possible. If we are coached well next year i believe we can fire. Just need Turbo, Walker etc to get more space and burn the opposition. I think Darcy, Buhrer, Taupau, Jake etc are in for a big 2017 which can set the platform. Plus there aren't many easy beats these days which makes it harder. Apart from the Knights.
If we go from 13th to 1st with those new or proposed additions to the team with a 1 year experience coach you will be the first person I acknowledge this time next year. I hope you are right but think you are dreaming.

Close but in my mind id have...

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai (if fit)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Martin Tapau
12. Jamie Buhrer
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Brenton Lawrence
15. Willis Meehan
16. Kane Evans
17. Jamil Hopoate

BACK UPS
18. Apisai Korisau
19. Shaun Lane
20. Nate Myles
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Lewis Brown
23. Brad Parker
24. Matthew Wright
25. Brett Stewart (depending if he recovers and/or is still at the club)

SIGNINGS
Akuila Uate- Almost certain to come and I believe that although risky, he can become a star winger again with an outstanding set of players around him and a new environment

Blake Green- absolutely perfect for us, has a nice kicking and short passing game and will take immense pressure off of dce, he is just what we needed and will show his worth from the get-go.

Kane Evans- would be a great signing, big, powerful and reasonably skilful. He can be something special when he wants to be and has plenty of mongrel.

Last edited by a moderator:

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai (if fit)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Martin Tapau
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
14. Brenton Lawrence / Jamie Buhrer
15. Willis Meehan
16. Kane Evans
17. Jamil Hopoate

BACK UPS
18. Jamie Burer or Brenton Lawrence
19. Shaun Lane
20. Nate Myles
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Lewis Brown
23. Brad Parker
24. Matthew Wright

SIGNINGS
Glenn Stewart- just released from Catalans would be perfect to get back, will develop younger forwards and may lift snake back to the player we know he is, the legend we know he is....

Akuila Uate- Almost certain to come and I believe that although risky, he can become a star winger again with an outstanding set of players around him and a new environment

Blake Green- absolutely perfect for us, has a nice kicking and short passing game and will take immense pressure off of dce, he is just what we needed and will show his worth from the get-go.

Kane Evans- would be a great signing, big, powerful and reasonably skilful. He can be something special when he wants to be and has plenty of mongrel.
Buhrer would be one of the first players i pick for Manly. No chance he isn't going to be in the 17 let alone the starting team!

Buhrer would be one of the first players i pick for Manly. No chance he isn't going to be in the 17 let alone the starting team!
That's what I was thinking I'd put him in but heard that manly were trying to sell him to the Knights. I'd tip him to be our number 12, as it would be rather unlikely that gifty would be brought back to manly. Surely not he bleeds maroon and white.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what I was thinking I'd put him in but heard that manly were trying to sell him to the Knights. I'd tip him to be our number 12, as it would be rather unlikely that gifty would be brought back to manly.
If Manly are trying to offload Buhrer i'd be very surprised and outraged. When he was on the field in 2016 Manly were a different team. Apart from that game were he dropped the ball a few times and had a shocker.

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai (if fit)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Martin Tapau
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
15. Willis Meehan
16. Kane Evans
17. Jamil Hopoate

BACK UPS
19. Shaun Lane
20. Nate Myles
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Lewis Brown
23. Brad Parker
24. Matthew Wright

SIGNINGS
Glenn Stewart- just released from Catalans would be perfect to get back, will develop younger forwards and may lift snake back to the player we know he is, the legend we know he is....

Stewart would be a waste, he would not come cheap and would stop young guns like Meehan getting a spot. Buhrer has to start and where is Koroisau?

1. Tom Trbojevic
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Dylan Walker
4. Steve Matai (if fit)
5. Akuila Uate
6. Blake Green
7. Daly Cherry Evans
8. Darcy Lussick
9. Matt Parcell
10. Addin Fonua-Blake
11. Martin Tapau
12. Glenn Stewart
13. Jake Trbojevic
INTERCHANGE
15. Willis Meehan
16. Kane Evans
17. Jamil Hopoate

BACK UPS
19. Shaun Lane
20. Nate Myles
21. Jonathan Wright
22. Lewis Brown
23. Brad Parker
24. Matthew Wright

SIGNINGS

lol you do realise Glenn Stewart is useless at this level now right?

Stewart would be a waste, he would not come cheap and would stop young guns like Meehan getting a spot. Buhrer has to start and where is Koroisau?
Oh yes forgot Api, snake is out the door I think and that would likely rule out gifty's possible return in itself.
lol you do realise Glenn Stewart is useless at this level now right?
i suppose, it'd be nice though if he was back to his better days form wise but I guess miracles don't always happen. Wait I'll update it now..

My hopeful team:
Turbo
Taufua
Matai
Walker
Hardakar (not sure why we haven't thrown the bank at this guy)
DCE
Green
Lussick (C)
Parcell
Jake
Buhrer
Taupau
Hopoate (imagine if he gets the nod and sets the world on fire. Could make our season)

AFB
Api
Evans
Lane

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10