2017 Team Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Listen up people, I think it's time for another 2017 signings/squad/team/likely lineup thread.

Because at the moment, we clearly don't have enough of them running simultaneously.
Haha I was thinking the exact same thing. Was seriously just about to put up a "2017 Roster" thread @:D

My line up goes something like this:

1.Trbojevic
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Matai ??
5.Uate
6.Green
7.Cherry Evans
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10.??
11.Matulino
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Fonua Blake
15.Meehan
16.Buhrer
17.Hopoate

Depending if Matai plays on next year we need a quality centre to replace with the cash he frees up. Possibly Roberts? I like the thought of a leiluia or Milne type player. I believe we could use matulino in the backrow and sign maybe a Moa or Evans for starting prop. If not worse case scenario matulino to starting prop and Greg bird into starting backrow. I believe Buhrer will add more value on bench with new interchange rules. Have the type of role Bennett had for Thaiday coming off the bench. The interchange is so important nowadays and a quality player like Jamie on the sidelines could prove very effective around tired middle forwards at the end of each half

OMG can you imagine what Parcell would do off the back off plenty offloads in a game!!! I'm already excited! Get Matulino to Manly!! If he goes to Knights over us I'll be devastated.
If he does it would be the money factor. Not much to do in newy. Not much of a football team either. I'm hoping common sense will lead him down the walkway to Shelley beach

My line up goes something like this:

1.Trbojevic
2.Taufua
3.Walker
4.Matai ??
5.Uate
6.Green
7.Cherry Evans
8.Lussick
9.Koroisau
10.??
11.Matulino
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic

14.Fonua Blake
15.Meehan
16.Buhrer
17.Hopoate

Depending if Matai plays on next year we need a quality centre to replace with the cash he frees up. Possibly Roberts? I like the thought of a leiluia or Milne type player. I believe we could use matulino in the backrow and sign maybe a Moa or Evans for starting prop. If not worse case scenario matulino to starting prop and Greg bird into starting backrow. I believe Buhrer will add more value on bench with new interchange rules. Have the type of role Bennett had for Thaiday coming off the bench. The interchange is so important nowadays and a quality player like Jamie on the sidelines could prove very effective around tired middle forwards at the end of each half
Good side, I'd hope we do try sign Evans. So I would put Matulino at prop, Buhrer at second row and Evans on the bench or perhaps Vaughan or Lawrence should the signing not come off.

Then mid season if Hopoate is doing good I would swap him and Buhrer so that he starts in the second row.

My only real change would be with Matt Parcell, he is a star hooker of the future and must start in the 9, Api should then go into our back ups so if either Green, DCE or Parcell are injured he can replace them.

The more I look at this team the more I like it, we should finish top 4 no doubt as long as Matai is available to play, we might sign someone to be his back up as it is likely that he won't play the whole season... Never know for sure though

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope bozo goes younger. But I'm kind of expecting Moa and Bird.
Don't think we are actually after either of them.

Bird is heavily reported to be off to the Knights.

Moa would be more likely seeing that the roosters were disappointed in his form yet still not official as to whether bozo really wants him.

Believe some additions may be
Ben Matulino (seems somewhat likely) and Akuila Uate (basically confirmed)

Some players we might get
I feel we may get Kane Evans and/or Paul Vaughan yet I also feel Manu Mau should be a high priority as well, there is a slight, very slight chance of him leaving doesn't-matta but we were reportedly after him earlier on in the season, he is apparently not happy but may be now.

I think we will be waiting a while somehow - can't see it happening, but would love to be wrong.
After the signing of uate there is no chance in hell unless Matai retires and he will fill a vacant centre position

Dwz looked to have potential when he first broke out.. After that bad injury he doesn't seem the same player. And doesn't look to be sitting on the same potential anymore.

Would rather we end for ottio from Canberra. Cheaper solution to the same problem.

As an aside, Twitface is reporting Ben Hunt to Parramatta on the $Forme deal ( I assume 1.2 Million a year).

Now, I never believe Twitter or Facebook but just mentioning that I saw it.

After the signing of uate there is no chance in hell unless Matai retires and he will fill a vacant centre position
Agree, although I believe Matulino is on his way as well, may just be a random rumour but if true that certainly rules out DWZ who shouldn't really be on the cards seeing that he isn't at all being linked to us other then from the fans.

We actually have plenty of money especially if snake is indeed pushed out to retire from "Medical Reasons" so I feel Matulino is a very real chance...

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8