2017 Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Went to the Kiwis v Scotland game today, great day out
Manly had a billboard outside the ground promoting next seasons game and also inside the ground they had a few promo girls in Manly gear handing out Manly stickers and info on the game next year
Well, well, great work Manly for forward-thinking by promoting our game in Christchurch today. Pleasantly surprised :clap:

Congrats to Fonua-Blake on a solid debut for the Kiwi's. Ran and tackled strongly even popping a nice off-load which lead to a try. Tapau was his usual self with another rampaging performance of barnstorming runs and offloads. He seems to be relishing the starting role.

On a personal note it was good to see the nephew Peta back in the Kiwi team. Thought he had a great game capped off with his first try for NZ, which eventually became 3 and a hat-trick(should have been 4 when he blew the grounding lol). While the tries were nice I was more impressed by his workrate. He ran over 200 metres, carried the ball solidly even getting a couple sneaky off loads. Real proud of his effort.

Also congrats to Tommy Turbo on his debut for the Kangaroo's. While it wasn't the fairytale first game, he has one under the belt now. I thought play just didn't go his way much(unlucky with that early disallowed try). While he did make some errors i thought he ran the ball back ok. I have no doubt he will bounce back in his next game though.

Last edited:
Speaking of annoying, who is worse in the expert commentary space - Brett Morley or Adrian Kimmorley?

Sorry, just had to find the appropriate segue to inject that one into the forum.
I reckon that's close to a tie.
But Darryl halligan by the length of the straight overall.
Geez Billy Birmingham would've had a field day with him.

Tonga v Samoa was pure rugby league played with passion and skill. It was a breath of fresh air to see a game like this unlike most of the games that are just boring as hell to watch. I would love to see a South Pacific series involving Australia, New Zealand, Tonga and Samoa and have rules like state of origin in relation to eligibility.

Three @scotlandrl players including the captain axed for reported drunken misconduct @7RLWC #RLWC2017
https://t.co/9qwvm35Mdp https://t.co/bEYE21FbgV

Scotland rugby league team captain Danny Brough and two teammates have been kicked off their Rugby League World Cup squad after being too drunk to catch a flight from Christchurch to Brisbane.

The Scottish Rugby League (SRL) confirmed Brough, Sam Brooks and Johnny Walker remained in Christchurch on Sunday when the rest of the squad flew to Cairns for for their next match against Samoa next weekend.

A disappointed SRL chairman Keith Hogg told Stuff on Sunday night his organisation fully supported the airline's decision to refuse to let the trio on the early morning flight.

Last edited:
23130742_2029811313921857_3994423586501132268_n.jpg

Gee aren’t the locals loving this footy in PNG, and it’s a cracker of a game.

Italy , who’d of thought!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10