2017 Rugby League World Cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Api has been brilliant and can kick goals. But I know I'll be shouted down but he has had a great combination with Hayne. He may be on the nose by many but Hayne on song is something to behold and if he becomes available and Barrett can keep his mind on the game, he would make a great acquisition. What a spine to behold, Tom T, Hayne, DCE and Api
I say just give Api the kicking duties. 75 to 80% is good.

Api has been brilliant and can kick goals. But I know I'll be shouted down but he has had a great combination with Hayne. He may be on the nose by many but Hayne on song is something to behold and if he becomes available and Barrett can keep his mind on the game, he would make a great acquisition. What a spine to behold, Tom T, Hayne, DCE and Api

IMG_6628.JPG

Agreed. Uate should get a crack at left centre for manly next yr. With the extra time he has with ball in hand he adds so much strike and attack on the edge. People will question his defence but cant be any worse than our left edge was last yr. Worth a shot?

Aku is playing bloody well in the centres for Fiji, not going to say any different. But the quality of opposition he has faced in the WC so far is nothing like the organised defences in the NRL. And speaking of defence, could he defend at centre in the NRL? Even seasoned NRL centres struggle in defence at times and Aku has played about 99% of his career on the wing.

I'll give a case in point with one of his current Bati team mates. I refer to Jarryd Hayne who looked brilliant when he was moved to the centres for Australia during the back end of the 2013 RLWC. Yet ever since in both club and Origin, whenever he has played centre he has struggled, especially defensively with even basic positioning. Against 2nd and 3rd class defences (which international teams like the USA and Wales have), its easy to look like a superstar if you're a talented player like Hayne or Aku.

Aku is playing bloody well in the centres for Fiji, not going to say any different. But the quality of opposition he has faced in the WC so far is nothing like the organised defences in the NRL. And speaking of defence, could he defend at centre in the NRL? Even seasoned NRL centres struggle in defence at times and Aku has played about 99% of his career on the wing.

I'll give a case in point with one of his current Bati team mates. I refer to Jarryd Hayne who looked brilliant when he was moved to the centres for Australia during the back end of the 2013 RLWC. Yet ever since in both club and Origin, whenever he has played centre he has struggled, especially defensively with even basic positioning. Against 2nd and 3rd class defences (which international teams like the USA and Wales have), its easy to look like a superstar if you're a talented player like Hayne or Aku.

So you're trying to say keep him on the wing V8? @;)

I reckon
Team of the week- kiwi's or Tonga
Kiwi's, despite some sh*tbag opposition looked cohesive for the second week in a row, Tonga are a bloody good side.
Match of the week- without a doubt PNG v Ireland. Great effort both teams.
The best moments- the atmosphere at the Tonga v Samoa game and PNG v Ireland game.
The disappointments- Scotland and Wales. Should be sent home along with the pommy ref in the England v Lebanon game.
And good riddance.

Love the PNG locals, full of voice the whole game and when the Kumuls did anything ( yes anything ) they went absolutely nuts!!

We should involve the South Pacific nations, in some end of year competition, a lot more often!

I reckon
Team of the week- kiwi's or Tonga
Kiwi's, despite some sh*tbag opposition looked cohesive for the second week in a row, Tonga are a bloody good side.
Match of the week- without a doubt PNG v Ireland. Great effort both teams.
The best moments- the atmosphere at the Tonga v Samoa game and PNG v Ireland game.
The disappointments- Scotland and Wales. Should be sent home along with the pommy ref in the England v Lebanon game.
And good riddance.

Scotland's form after last year 4 Nations showing is a bit perplexing really, though they do have a few changes to the squad which I guess can account for it.

Wales on the other hand.....boy wouldn't they be longing for the days when they could call on the likes of Jonathan Davies, Iestyn Harris and John Devereux, among others.

We should involve the South Pacific nations, in some end of year competition, a lot more often!

While that would be good.....being serious if there was a Pacific Championship with Australia, NZ, PNG, Tonga, Samoa and Fiji, Australia would still dominate even with the so-called Emu's or even the PM's XIII rather than the full strength Kangaroos. Samoa and Tonga might be able to challenge the Kiwis if players decided to play for them rather than NZ as we've seen in this WC, but it would still be an Aussie domination.

And I don't mean any disrespect to those teams. But the reality is that in international league, Australia is the dominant country. That's a fact. In the past 40 or so years, other than when NZ won the 2005 Tri-Nations, the 2008 WC, the 2010 and 2014 Four Nations and the 1998 and 2015 Anzac Tests....Australia has won everything they have been in. We haven't even lost an actual test series since France at the end of the 1978 Kangaroo Tour.

Still, there has been a European championship for years (since the mid-30s actually) and it hasn't always been an England or Great Britain benefit, though England hasn't always played in recent years. Quite often Wales, Scotland or France have pulled off championship wins so who knows, maybe one of the Pacific island teams could pull a surprise? Even the Harlem Globetrotters lose to the Washington Generals once in a while.

Last edited:
Three @scotlandrl players including the captain axed for reported drunken misconduct @7RLWC #RLWC2017
https://t.co/9qwvm35Mdp https://t.co/bEYE21FbgV

Scotland rugby league team captain Danny Brough and two teammates have been kicked off their Rugby League World Cup squad after being too drunk to catch a flight from Christchurch to Brisbane.

The Scottish Rugby League (SRL) confirmed Brough, Sam Brooks and Johnny Walker remained in Christchurch on Sunday when the rest of the squad flew to Cairns for for their next match against Samoa next weekend.

A disappointed SRL chairman Keith Hogg told Stuff on Sunday night his organisation fully supported the airline's decision to refuse to let the trio on the early morning flight.

Maybe they just realised they were going to that craphole, Brisbane...and needed a drink to prepare themselves...!

Saw an idea last night which I didn't mind, and in the future if stand alone Origin came in for all 3 games

While origin is being played, run 2 tri series with Nz, England, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and PNG spread across 2 groups

Saw an idea last night which I didn't mind, and in the future if stand alone Origin came in for all 3 games

While origin is being played, run 2 tri series with Nz, England, Samoa, Tonga, Fiji and PNG spread across 2 groups
The problem is you'll then have more of an injury disrupted NRL season. At least this way players can recover in the off season.

Players also had a few weeks break before this Comp started. In the other model they won't get that and they'll tire during the season proper.

The problem is you'll then have more of an injury disrupted NRL season. At least this way players can recover in the off season.

Players also had a few weeks break before this Comp started. In the other model they won't get that and they'll tire during the season proper.
The SOO players get $30,000 per game to risk season ending injuries.

The NRL can't afford any more Rep payments the way they run the game :cool:

PNG Hunters were already showcased on GF Day, when they won the State Chamionship :)

Would not work as it would be better to watch than SoO and they are having trouble filling seats now.

Hasson was close to the worst forward on the field yesterday

The rest of the Ireland pack showed fight and put their bodies on the line but useless Hasson did nothing

I’m sorry I’ll miss the rest of this competition, I’m enjoying it more than I thought I would.

Yesterday’s PNG v Ireland was outstanding , as was Tonga v Samoa.

Tonga “ might “ be the surprise packet of the comp, don’t think they’ll win it but gee it won’t be from the lack of effort!

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10