2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That'd be a right wing rumour. (not politically of course).

edit: Ahhh, I thought you were making the whole thing up but...

ERIC Grothe Jr is planning a comeback after three seasons out of the NRL with a goal of making a return to State of Origin football.
At 33-years-old, the former Parramatta winger is on the verge of making his return to the field after retiring at the end of 2010, and while a comeback would be an impressive feat, Grothe has his sights set on a Blues’ jersey.

- See more at: http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/nrl-premiership/eric-grothe-jr-eyes-nrl-return-and-state-of-origin-with-new-south-wales-blues/story-fn2mcuj6-1226747044407#sthash.hMQOgmp3.dpuf

Gee, and many here think Wolfman has problems reading defence? That was pretty much the defining feature of Grothe's career!! Very strong runner of course. We have some youngsters, but who knows... on a minimum deal? Seems like a good character anyway, so good luck to him.

The game against us when they were winning at Parra stadium and then he threw that pass to no one and we scored. Ultimately winning the game from it. The Parra fan next to me kicked the seat in front, once, twice and then the lady reacted and threw a beer over him. Fun days indeed!!

Wolfie can not be replaced :exclamation:

There are plenty of understudies at Manly already.
Grothe is past it and his attitude is not condusive to being a team player :cool:

I'd have Hiku over Grothe every day of the week. That being said, Wolfman is a finisher, and I'd prefer him to the other two.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eric-grothe-gets-serious-about-nrl-return-20131031-2wlg8.html

"I feel I could be an asset to the team, so that's up to the clubs I'm talking to to see what my value is," he said.
"I know if they show me trust and don't insult me with a crappy contract, I'll pay them back tenfold.": :dodgy:

Like I said - his attitude is a concern, here he is on twitter delusional about his value:
SHINOBI ‏@EricGrotheJnr 28 Oct
@CharlesGalayini @JonnRay13 @Deanwidders @natedg08 Couldn't give a f**k.They paid me 200k a year to wedge in off my wing.Back to work, champ

Hopefully a young RL Player gets a contract before this 'has been' soaks up the limited Salary Cap :cool:

Wow. A former fringe rep winger, who fell from grace due to chronic defensive issues, and who's been out of the game completely for three long years, is telling prospective employers he'll do great – provided they do not insult him by offering a crappy contract!!

I bet NRL clubs are tripping over themselves racing to secure his signature after reading this. (Of course he may have been misquoted. I've heard of that happening.)

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/country-boy-kyle-saunders-to-fly-at-manly-sea-eagles/story-fngr8hax-1226750652871
Country boy Kyle Saunders to fly at Manly Sea Eagles
STEVEN DEARE MANLY DAILY OCTOBER 30, 2013 2:18PM

A NORTHERN Beaches Christian School student from the country town of Moree is about to experience life as a Manly Sea Eagle.

While many of his classmates are enjoying an extended holiday after the HSC, Kyle Saunders, 18, will next month join Manly's under-20 squad to prepare for the 2014 National Youth Competition.

He has made the most of a Salvation Army scholarship he received to study and further his rugby league career in Sydney.

A talented utility back for the Moree Boomerangs, he first gained rural representative selection aged 13.

Manly officials invited Saunders to trial for junior representative teams a few years later. He gained a scholarship to live at the Salvation Army's Indigenous Community House at St Ives last year, before being signed by the club this year.

"It was hard at first," Saunders said. "Living away from home, making new friends and getting used to the new environment with all the traffic.:)

"Ever since I was little I've wanted to play in the NRL. My mum, dad and uncles told me it would be hard training, but that I need to keep fit and eat well." :angel:

Any word on Manly resigning Jamil Hopoate? And there was a young speedster from northern Queensland, who Manly brought down on a sponsorship deal when he was about 14-15 years old. Mixes Rugby League with competition running and said to be a potential Olympic competitor, given his speed. Came to Manly because the club was the only one that agreed to him continuing his comp running along with his football. Indigenous Ozzie and apparently a pretty decent footballer as well as runner. Should be near Matthews or SG Ball by now. Anyone got word on him. Have forgotten his name

Grothe is too old - 32 I think and too long out of the game. NSW Cup recruit for sure

Cronulla lack quality outside backs, the Ayshford signing adds a bit but Groth??
He WAS a good runner of the footy 5 years ago but even THEN his defence was ordinary at best.
As for reading the play....shocking, now he will be so far off the pace after being out of the game + condition & age, dont rate this signing at all, just glad its them & not us....

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8