2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Another from Matty johns.

Buddy Franklin to the Dogs in 2014 if possible if not they are happy to wait until 2023 when he is off contract. To replace Ben Barber at fullback.

Odd how it works -
NRL's salary cap looks likely to go up again and Australian Rugby Union Test match payments are going down.
So could we see a few code hopping Wobblies

CAMBO said:
I would be surprised if willow is there next year. A champion fella but from what I heard on GF day he lost the players this year.

Don't tell Dean Ritchie or we'll get more Wolfman style articles in the DT...

Not sure Rodney is what we need

I am not the greatest judge but it would seem like we need more impact rather than another 80 minute back rower (which Jamie B can do)

Shane Rodney was in my brothers shop today buying carpet , told him the same thing he's looking for a club at the moment

According to the Manly Daily we have signed Wellentony Tafua Satini. He's a centre from the Penrith under 20's team. Was their captain to begin the year but fell out of favour.

Satini is a very good player and is a good addition to the roster. He can play centre, winger and FB. Still only 20 he stands over 6'4" and weighs 95 kg. Big unit and has pace. One to watch.

Fairy Bower said:
Satini is a very good player and is a good addition to the roster. He can play centre, winger and FB. Still only 20 he stands over 6'4" and weighs 95 kg. Big unit and has pace. One to watch.
if this is the kid I am thinking of,I watched him come through the ranks here at penriff when I was involved with the junior rep sides,then he has heaps of potential

@fairy bower

Any word on the big under 20's winger we had last year Suni Fatialofa for next year? Is he still with us as he seemed to disappear in the second half of this season

Fairy Bower said:

Might help with catching the bombs.........

I saw Suni play a few times in the Under 20s and he is really big and impressive when he had the ball, but I doubt he is much good in defence and in jumping for the bomb. It's all very well to be big, but T-Rex showed you need more to be a good winger these days, such as a basketball-type leap and good hands, such as Edrick Lee from Canberra and Tupou from Easts. Being too bulky is a disadvantage is several key aspects of wing play.

The Who said:
I saw Suni play a few times in the Under 20s and he is really big and impressive when he had the ball, but I doubt he is much good in defence and in jumping for the bomb. It's all very well to be big, but T-Rex showed you need more to be a good winger these days, such as a basketball-type leap and good hands, such as Edrick Lee from Canberra and Tupou from Easts. Being too bulky is a disadvantage is several key aspects of wing play.

Maybe we can turn suni into a front rower in the Joe G mould?

tookey said:
@fairy bower

Any word on the big under 20's winger we had last year Suni Fatialofa for next year? Is he still with us as he seemed to disappear in the second half of this season

I was really looking forward to seeing how he would develop. Explosive in attack but needed to go to tackling school.

Reminded me of T-Rex (in a good way).

tookey said:
@fairy bower

He went back to Mounties during the season and was playing Sydney Shield and Massey Cup. Not sure why he left. Maybe they told him he had to play under Willo. Lol

What's doing there as fair as next year?
Is willow still the coach?
Loved him as a player but heard some pretty scathing stuff about him coaching wise from a member of this years Nsw cup team in grand final day.

If he is that bad surely there's a better option.

What ever happened to that North Sydney winger we supposedly picked up who got caught up in the whole ASADA thing? Curtis Johnston or something?

Sea Eagles swoop for Tony Satini
Manly are set to come up with an astute signing for the future in boom Panther Tony Satini. Captain of the Penrith team that won the Holden Cup earlier in the season, Satini was dropped for the finals in a move the led to some angst among fans. Satini was hot property despite the snub and had offers from several NRL clubs. Expect a formal announcement that he will be joining the Sea Eagles in the next few days.

tookey said:
Manly are set to come up with an astute signing for the future in boom Panther Tony Satini. Captain of the Penrith team that won the Holden Cup earlier in the season, Satini was dropped for the finals in a move the led to some angst among fans. Satini was hot property despite the snub and had offers from several NRL clubs. Expect a formal announcement that he will be joining the Sea Eagles in the next few days.
this kid has got heaps of talent,well done Manly

tookey said:

Another youngster, looks like were trying to cover our bases when "our ageing roster" move onto their zimmer frames.

Interesting though that he was captain of the NYC team but got the punt for the semis.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6