2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Brissie Kid said:
:(

"We respect that Manly is heading into a preliminary final this week and look forward to welcoming George to the club after the grand final."

The club said it would make further comment on Rose's signing after the decider.

http://www.nrl.com/rose-signs-one-year-deal-with-nrls-storm/tabid/10874/newsid/74804/default.aspx

surprising bit of class shown there,
shame some other clubs don't act the same way

Jatz Crackers

First Grader
castle eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

"We respect that Manly is heading into a preliminary final this week and look forward to welcoming George to the club after the grand final."

The club said it would make further comment on Rose's signing after the decider.

http://www.nrl.com/rose-signs-one-year-deal-with-nrls-storm/tabid/10874/newsid/74804/default.aspx

Yes. They have pegged back one small increment of my outright contempt & disgust by acting in that respectful way.

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Stevo said:
The depth signing part is not want you want to hear though. He'll probably be playing for Cronulla in the NSW cup i think.

At least Georgie won't suffer the indignation of wearing that Scummy purple jersey if that happens Stevo.

I think he may see more first grade than we think.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Mitch said:
Triple M again said this morning that DCE is rumoured to be heading to the Broncos in 2014..Makes me feel more comfortable that he'll be with us for a long time. Frustrating hearing these rumours every second week though.
He's highly rated in these parts. This is from the Fraser Coast Chronicle..

durkin
23rd Sep 2013 12:00 PM

MEMO Broncos - rip up the contract supposedly prepared for Cameron Smith to sign from 2015 onwards, and replace it with one for Daly Cherry-Evans.

The rangy Sea Eagles halfback - he's 180cm tall, or six foot to those closer to my vintage - was absolutely superb in their gripping elimination final win against the Sharks on Friday night.

In fact, he was the difference between the two teams.

His kicking game was excellent, a bomb leading to Manly's first try and a crafty grubber resulting in their second.

He repeatedly took the right options in attack and it was Cherry-Evans who started and finished the short-side raid for the much-needed try that established their match-winning lead.

And right at the death, when the Sharks grubbered in a last-gasp effort to take the game to golden point, it was Cherry-Evans who was johnny-on-the-spot to dive on the rolling ball and snuff out that last flicker of hope.

But most impressive was the maturity shown by one so young.

In just his third NRL season Cherry-Evans has developed in to a genuine leader and his coolness under pressure is akin to the qualities that make Smith such a commanding on-field general.

A post-match comment by the Manly halfback is not just typical of his honesty and maturity, but also tells us he is a tough marker. He said he was unhappy with his defence - yet he made 23 tackles and missed just three.

Already with a whiff of Origin experience and a green and gold jersey in his closet - and possibly another when the World Cup squad is announced - this kid is the next big thing in rugby league. He is Cameron Smith in the making.

And that's why the Broncos, who have desperately lacked on-field generalship since Darren Lockyer retired two seasons ago, should offer the Redcliffe-born redhead the big bucks they have allegedly put aside for Smith.

Following the poorest season in their 25-year history the Broncos have acknowledged they need a recruiting drive to restore their dulled lustre, and marquee players head that list.

And in that respect they don't come any bigger than Smith.

But the Storm, Queensland and Australian captain will be a rising 32-year-old at the start of the 2015 season, and that is dad's army territory. Cherry-Evans, on the other hand, will be 26 and a much better long-term investment.

Cherry-Evans would bring an exceptional package to Red Hill. Apart from his brilliant skill set, he has a warmth that would charm their coterie of gilt-edged sponsors and his media presence is dazzling.

As far as marquee players go, he is gold bullion.

StuBoot

Bencher
Stevo said:
The depth signing part is not want you want to hear though. He'll probably be playing for Cronulla in the NSW cup i think.

I don't know about that, Norrie and Ryles haven't really set the bar this year and I reckon one of them may hang up the boots by next season. Jesse Bromwich is just starting to hit his straps and his liitle brother and McLean are interchange props currently.
I would expect George to be in their top 17. The Storm have dangled the carrot of a one year deal and if he just goes and does his job he'll get another year or two.

Look at the season that Lawrence has had with us, a new club can do wonders.
I'd have loved him to stay but that's the way it goes, all the best George.

mmmdl

Reserve Grader
StuBoot said:
Stevo said:

I don't know about that, Norrie and Ryles haven't really set the bar this year and I reckon one of them may hang up the boots by next season. Jesse Bromwich is just starting to hit his straps and his liitle brother and McLean are interchange props currently.
I would expect George to be in their top 17. The Storm have dangled the carrot of a one year deal and if he just goes and does his job he'll get another year or two.

Ryles is definitely retiring from the NRL - is going to be captain/coach of one of the local Wollongong teams in the local league - Wests or Collies I think.

tookey

First Grader
Mitch said:
Triple M again said this morning that DCE is rumoured to be heading to the Broncos in 2014..Makes me feel more comfortable that he'll be with us for a long time. Frustrating hearing these rumours every second week though.

The boncos are throwing big money at DCE to tempt him to go north.

We will have to match the money for him to stay or offer him the captancy.

He is contracted to Manly for 2014 and 2015. The NRL has to stand up and make players sit out the rest of the contract if players want to join other clubs mid contract.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
I wonder what ever happened to those mystical anti poaching laws that came along so many years ago....or did they?

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
tookey said:
Mitch said:

The boncos are throwing big money at DCE to tempt him to go north.

We will have to match the money for him to stay or offer him the captancy.

He is contracted to Manly for 2014 and 2015. The NRL has to stand up and make players sit out the rest of the contract if players want to join other clubs mid contract.
If Brisbane want him that bad they can put 15 million in manlys bank account. If not wait until 2016.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
StuBoot said:
Stevo said:

Ryles retired

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Central Coast Eagle said:
Does anybody know what DCE is so angry about according to Weidler on the news tonight?

I think he was angry about 2 bit journalists who shouldn't even write or report for a school paper making up stories about players being angry about something.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
DCE is offended by the amount of coverage the wrong rumour of the rift with the Stewarts, and his being greedy is getting :(

He said that he is a team player and feels that he has put in for the Club. Hopefully the boys calm him down as he looked realy hurt :angel:

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
HappilyManly said:
DCE is offended by the amount of coverage the wrong rumour of the rift with the Stewarts, and his being greedy is getting :(

He said that he is a team player and feels that he has put in for the Club. Hopefully the boys calm him down as he looked realy hurt :angel:
Well it's not Manly making up those rumours so it doesn't seem like he has a reason to be angry at the Manly club or players.

CAMBO

Reserve Grader
Where are all these rumours starting from the newspaper that is owned by the same company as the broncos. The broncos are stiring this crap up because they have done an appalling job a recruitment and retention since. 2008.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
HappilyManly said:
He wasnt directing the statement at Manly, but at the rumourmongers.
But a cuddle from Choc would be welcome I'm sure :)
Hopefully the senior players can help him cope with the constant bs. Time for a big brotherly Snake to help him develop a healthy disregard for the media.

SeaEagle21

Bencher
Premium Member
With two years to run on his contract it would be highly unlikely. Barba and Milford come from two unstable clubs... Look at Kite and Rose both wanted to remain here more than anything and David Williams possibly taking a pay cut to stay. In 2015 it might be a different story but he won't be going anywhere soon. Just the media trying to mess with the club again. Anyone that watches Manly games sees DCE run over to Foz to encourage him after a mistake or congratulate a try and vice versa. He doesn't seem unhappy so i don't believe the talk because if it were the way the Media wanted it to be Foz would be at Belmore (barf), Killer would be at the GC and Skivvy would be at Cronulla. He is working with two legends of the game to develop him in Toovs and Johns so he would only gain $$ and he can look at Big Tony to see that it isn't everything.

castle eagle

Bencher
Tipping Member
Jatz Crackers said:
castle eagle said:
Brissie Kid said:

Yes. They have pegged back one small increment of my outright contempt & disgust by acting in that respectful way.

i know how you feel, first slater(the grub) supported wolfy's neck at brookie and now this!
all in all i'm sure i can think of plenty of other reasons to loathe the purple scum.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
12 8 4 100 18
12 7 5 64 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 7 5 -37 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14
12 6 6 77 14
12 6 6 -39 14