2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Peter C

Bencher
Guzzler said:
Frank said:
Life is good on Silvertails. Not so much at the kennel I would imagine. It kind of explains why you're here from time to time. You would never see me at the kennel - or any other NRL supporter site.

I like reading the point of view from fans of all clubs and happy to get involved in banter between opposing fans. Obviously I am going to stick up for my team but I chose to do it without abusing anyone as to me it's only football. I get bored reading the same things about my team day in day out.

I like coming on here because although this is a Manly forum I get treated with a certain amount of respect despite me supporting the Scumdogs.
That's fair enough, I visit other team websites to get their perspective on things,

Frank

Bencher
Guzzler said:
Frank said:
Life is good on Silvertails. Not so much at the kennel I would imagine. It kind of explains why you're here from time to time. You would never see me at the kennel - or any other NRL supporter site.

I like reading the point of view from fans of all clubs and happy to get involved in banter between opposing fans. Obviously I am going to stick up for my team but I choose to do it without abusing anyone as to me it's only football. I get bored reading the same things about my team day in day out.

I like coming on here because although this is a Manly forum I get treated with a certain amount of respect despite me supporting the Scumdogs.

Fair enough. As dogs supporters go you are definitely more reasonable than most. That's a first. "Dog's supporter" and "reasonable" in the same sentence.

Can't believe I wrote it. Damn you to hell keyboard.

Central Coast Eagle

Reserve Grader
Frank said:
Guzzler said:
Frank said:

I like reading the point of view from fans of all clubs and happy to get involved in banter between opposing fans. Obviously I am going to stick up for my team but I choose to do it without abusing anyone as to me it's only football. I get bored reading the same things about my team day in day out.

Fair enough. As dogs supporters go you are definitely more reasonable than most. That's a first. "Dog's supporter" and "reasonable" in the same sentence.

Can't believe I wrote it. Damn you to hell keyboard.

Get a room you two!

MissKate

Bencher
Premium Member
pretty obvious that the dogs are white-anting certain players/teams, greedburg will take no action unless Manly start doing such things, we will get fined and everyone else will just carry on doing it at will

Masked Eagle

Bencher
I think a point worth noting is most of the rumours that hit the press originate from somewhere and not made up on the spot by a journo (most of the time anyway). Most of the time they come from player managers or even clubs themselves and they are trying to use the press to push their own agenda, for whatever that might be. The classic example would be a player manager planting news that his player has been offered big dollars at another club (true or not) to help get more money from his current club. The clubs themselves might leak info saying they are interested in player A, hoping to drive up his cost to his current club when really their intention is on Player B. Most of the time the journo knows he's being used to push an angle, but because they are too lazy to find the truth out, or its a case of doing a favour for someone so they will do a favour for you later on, who knows.

Guzzler said:
Frank said:

couldnt agree more Guzzler,no need for abuse,we had a healthy little debate without the abuse,all is good mate,and good on you for sticking up for your team,thats what its all about

simon64

It's not a lie, if you believe it.
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Chase Stanley -----> Scumdogs.

That should make the difference.....NOT.

driftout

Reserve Grader
Maybe we could get Ray Warren to do the commentary for next year's NSW Cup match between the Bulldogs and Manly . It would go something like this :"Did you see Chase Stanley chase Cheyse Blair ? "

Brissie Kid

Bencher
:(

Manly prop George Rose will head to Melbourne next season after signing a one-year deal with the NRL club.

Rose - who is off contract at season's end - had not been offered an extension by the Sea Eagles, who face South Sydney in a preliminary final on Friday night.

The 2011 premiership-winning front rower will link up with the Storm after this year's grand final on October 6.

"We are really delighted George has signed with the club, he will add great depth to our forward pack," Storm director of football Frank Ponissi said in a statement on Monday.

"We respect that Manly is heading into a preliminary final this week and look forward to welcoming George to the club after the grand final."

The club said it would make further comment on Rose's signing after the decider.

Rose started his career with Sydney Roosters in 2002, playing just six games before switching to Manly three years later.

He overcame a badly broken leg that sidelined him for 18 months in 2007 to become the club's player of the year in 2009.

The 30-year-old has since played 124 games for the Sea Eagles.
http://www.nrl.com/rose-signs-one-year-deal-with-nrls-storm/tabid/10874/newsid/74804/default.aspx

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Pleased that George got a contract and I'm not unhappy about him going to Melbourne. Regrettably salary cap limits are taking their toll and if we want to hold onto those we already have in first grade as well as Sao, Trbojevic, Chee-Kam etc we've got no choice but to let some of the older guys like Kite, Rose etc move on and take advantage of opportunities at other clubs rather than end up as maybe NSW Cup extras at Manly. They deserve to play out their careers with dignity in firsts.

Stevo

First Grader
The depth signing part is not want you want to hear though. He'll probably be playing for Cronulla in the NSW cup i think.

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
Bearfax said:
They deserve to play out their careers with dignity in firsts.
[/quote
Perhaps in the end conversion to Soylent Green would be a kinder option..

Perhaps in the end conversion to Soylent Green would be a kinder option..

Captain Moondog

Absolute Superstar
A contract with Melbourne after having played for Manly....I'm not sure.....perhaps conversion to Soylent Green would be the kinder option?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 8 3 75 20
12 9 3 70 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 57 16
12 6 5 36 15
12 7 5 135 14