2013 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Gee I like the way the Bulldogs are going about a fullback. I would love to see the list of players they have approached over the last 2 years.

Funny how things go around they scream when Barbra wants out of his contract and now they are trying to sign players who are also contracted.......... Way to go Des you can only buy comp and the Dogs yet you left a dynasty you help build.

Hayne on twitter today scotching rumours of an approach by Bulldogs. He has confirmed his commitment to the Eels for 2014/15.

I expect that we'll see an announcement that he has signed to Dogs before year end in that case.

Chip and Chase said:
Hayne on twitter today scotching rumours of an approach by Bulldogs. He has confirmed his commitment to the Eels for 2014/15.

I expect that we'll see an announcement that he has signed to Dogs before year end in that case.

Yeah, he did say that but added "at this time" so he is gone

Here something Steve Sharp had to say about young Will,I agree about how something should be done about how the dogs always go about trying to get players to break their contracts...BRONCOS import Corey Norman has pledged to honour his Parramatta deal as Eels chairman Steve Sharp issued a hands-off edict to the Bulldogs over Will Hopoate.

Norman and Hopoate are Parramatta's major purchases for next season, but the future of both has come under scrutiny after coach Ricky Stuart's walkout on the Eels last week.

Currently serving as a Mormon missionary in Brisbane, Hopoate signed a deal with the Eels in 2011 that contained a get-out clause if then coach Steve Kearney was no longer at Parramatta.

With Kearney now at the Broncos, Hopoate is effectively a free agent.

That has opened the door for the Bulldogs, who view the former NSW Origin star as a viable fullback replacement for Broncos recruit Ben Barba.

The Courier-Mail understands the Bulldogs plan to announce a high-profile recruit in the next fortnight, but Sharp hit out at suggestions Hopoate could be at Belmore in 2014.

"Our people have been in contact with Will Hopoate via his manager and we are told he is 100 per cent solid," Sharp said.

"He is coming to Parramatta, no question about it.

"I get disappointed when I see this all the time.

"One minute I hear that Jarryd Hayne (Eels fullback) is going to the Bulldogs and now Will Hopoate is supposedly on their hit list.

"Maybe I should say we are going to chase one of the Bulldogs stars in Josh Reynolds and offer him $1.2 million ... it's just ludicrous.

"There is talk about Jarryd Hayne leaving Parramatta, Jarryd has a solid contract for the next two years and I've been in contact with Jarryd. He is blue-and-gold.

"Will Hopoate has been under contract with us for two years. We've been monitoring his health and his well-being during his time in Brisbane.

"He's looking forward to coming back and repaying Parramatta's hospitality." Norman's manager Paul Sutton said the Broncos backline utility is committed to joining the Eels despite the departure of Stuart, who secured him to a three-year deal in March.

Sharp, the former Eels premiership forward, said he expected Norman to report for pre-season next month and warned the days of reneging on deals at Parramatta are over.

"I want Corey Norman at our club because he is a great player," Sharp said. "He has the chance to show the world how good a five-eighth he can be. Will Hopoate is the same, I believe he will hit the ground running next year and rival Jarryd Hayne as the star of our team.

"These blokes have been signed to play for Parramatta and I expect them to turn up and play.

"I think Corey and Will are both guys of strong character and they want to come to our club because they are determined to show people they can play.

"But I will say this if they don't want to be here because a coach is not here, then I will use the money to buy a player that does want to be here.

"I know contracts don't seem to be worth two bob these days but they will be on my watch.

"It's my job to develop a culture at Parramatta and the club is bigger than any individual."

Will Hopoate
Will Hopoate in Brisbane, where he trained with Parramatta Eels coaching staff last week. Source: DailyTelegraph

I hate Parra as much as any Manly fan but I'm sick of the Dogs undermining contracts.

They did it with our staff & players & now seem to think they have a God-given right to do it to any club they want & target Hayne & Hoppa.

The NRL must step in asap but as long as Greenberg is there they'll be allowed free access to whoever they want.

Dogs by name, Dogs by nature.

The only thing the NRL are consistent with are double-standards. #nrlincrisis

master blaster said:
Here something Steve Sharp had to say about young Will,I agree about how something should be done about how the dogs always go about trying to get players to break their contracts...

Who are we trying to get to break a contract:huh: Have the Bulldogs come out and said they are trying to sign Hoppa or are you basing this off reading articles by the DT or some random on the Kennel.

The media has linked us to just about every fullback in the comp that is on or off contract. Hayne has said he is not leaving and he and his manager were never approached by anyone, once again speculation from dickheads like Matty Johns and DT journos.

Are we trying to find a replacement fullback yep I don't doubt that for a second but lets not let actual facts get in the way of a good old fashioned Dogs bash.

We have signed one player for next year and all he would be is a NSW cup player but have retained and upgraded many of our existing players contracts.

Guzzler said:
master blaster said:
Here something Steve Sharp had to say about young Will,I agree about how something should be done about how the dogs always go about trying to get players to break their contracts...

Who are we trying to get to break a contract:huh: Have the Bulldogs come out and said they are trying to sign Hoppa or are you basing this off reading articles by the DT or some random on the Kennel.

The media has linked us to just about every fullback in the comp that is on or off contract. Hayne has said he is not leaving and he and his manager were never approached by anyone, once again speculation from dickheads like Matty Johns and DT journos.

Are we trying to find a replacement fullback yep I don't doubt that for a second but lets not let actual facts get in the way of a good old fashioned Dogs bash.

We have signed one player for next year and all he would be is a NSW cup player but have retained and upgraded many of our existing players contracts.
ouch,go and have another beer Guzzler,just look at Inu and parrot,sorry Perrett,so were coaxed out of there contracts,and mate,if I want to bash the dogs again,and again I will,sorry if you dont like it,but I do

Not midday yet but as soon as it ticks over I'll fit one in.

So in the 70's and 80's it was ok for Manly do buy whoever they wanted. Got it.

Did Matty Johns tell you Inu and Perrett were coaxed out of their contracts

Guzzler said:

None of the players that we signed in the 70's and 80's broke their contracts to play for us . That's why we are called Sea eagles and not dogs

Guzzler said:

hahahaha, for the beer,no Im not saying that at all,but gee,your soft spot you obviously have for the dogs,they have way out done that,they the dogs have way out done us,let me see Kimmorley,stag,inu,Perrett,eastwood,Hannant,wiiliams,Ennis,graham,Turner,just to name a few,Im sure there is more,and who are we trying to get to break their contract,what info are you basing that on,surely not media speculation buddy,common

master blaster said:
Guzzler said:

hahahaha, for the beer,no Im not saying that at all,but gee,your soft spot you obviously have for the dogs,they have way out done that,they the dogs have way out done us,let me see Kimmorley,stag,inu,Perrett,eastwood,Hannant,wiiliams,Ennis,graham,Turner,just to name a few,Im sure there is more,and who are we trying to get to break their contract,what info are you basing that on,surely not media speculation buddy,common

You forgot Pritchard, Hodkinson, Mitch Brown,

oh and Tolman, Keating, Halatau, Morris

Guzzler said:
master blaster said:
Guzzler said:

hahaha,I knew there was more,thanks buddy,lol

master blaster said:
Guzzler said:
master blaster said:
Guzzler said:

Just updated it for you, I am sure there is plenty more:p

Maybe the clubs could make a stand and not sign players who want all these get out clauses ?? If all 16 teams stay solid on this then the player managers have no options but to accept contracts as they are. You sign to play for X club for Y number of years and we pay you $Z ....pretty simple.

Problem is that the clubs have relinquished the power to the players and their managers in desperation, and now the clubs and the fans get treated like fools when these clauses are activated.

I'd like to think our management team don't partake in this sort of contractual Russian roulette. I can't remember the last time we released a player to another NRL club...maybe Ian Roberts ??

Guzzler said:
master blaster said:
Guzzler said:
master blaster said:
Guzzler said:

Just updated it for you, I am sure there is plenty more:p
haha,all good mate,lol

Guzzler said:
master blaster said:

Of course no-one has 'officially' spoken to Will and the others. Just like Ricky Stuart was able to say he hadn't spoken to Canberra about 2 days before it was confirmed?

Don't forget, the Dogs learned under Greenberg that there is an open, upfront and honest way to deal … and there is a cleverer, more effective way to deal.

In defence of Guzzler he is right. All this crap is speculation started by the media. No-one knows the facts other than the people involved.

But let's make one thing clear. Any speculation that paints the dogs as being dogs is good enough for me. That's what makes this forum a great place. We get to bash the dogs on a daily basis based on flimsy evidence.

Life is good on Silvertails. Not so much at the kennel I would imagine. It kind of explains why you're here from time to time. You would never see me at the kennel - or any other NRL supporter site.

Frank said:
Life is good on Silvertails. Not so much at the kennel I would imagine. It kind of explains why you're here from time to time. You would never see me at the kennel - or any other NRL supporter site.

I like reading the point of view from fans of all clubs and happy to get involved in banter between opposing fans. Obviously I am going to stick up for my team but I choose to do it without abusing anyone as to me it's only football. I get bored reading the same things about my team day in day out.

I like coming on here because although this is a Manly forum I get treated with a certain amount of respect despite me supporting the Scumdogs.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10