Zorba Peters won't follow Bozo until the end of the 2018 season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The pro Zorba list?

I don't have a problem with people who love him, I'll never forgive him for the Toovey saga
The Toovey saga was very sad I must confess .
The Toovey saga was about the Penn and Quantum factions . Penn and Quantum was like Abbot and Turnbull . No love lost there .
Toovey was on the ring with Quantum and Peters and Penn were on the same team and once Quantum sold their shares they left Toovey on his own .
Toovey backed the wrong horse . If he was in Penns corner then things would have been different .

The Toovey saga was very sad I must confess .
The Toovey saga was about the Penn and Quantum factions . Penn and Quantum was like Abbot and Turnbull . No love lost there .
Toovey was on the ring with Quantum and Peters and Penn were on the same team and once Quantum sold their shares they left Toovey on his own .
Toovey backed the wrong horse . If he was in Penns corner then things would have been different .
You can throw the football club into the Qantum faction. Tooves was a director of the FC for a long time which took an anti Penn position for many years and many sagas

You can throw the football club into the Qantum faction. Tooves was a director of the FC for a long time which took an anti Penn position for many years and many sagas
What happens in any organisation when you bite the hand that feeds you ?

This thread is entirely negative about Zorba. I get that majority of people on here dislike him. I guess he is fairly easy to dislike, he's fat, kind of curious looking, he had a pop at us messageboard fans (god forbid he stand up for the club) - that stuff appeals to every hate bone in a superficial human mind..

Id just like to throw this out there to the dozens of haters here (and i am neither for him or against him - im somewhat of a fence sitter re him). Do you guys actually see first hand the good things he does for Manly and our players that wear the jerseys? Or the bad things for that matter?

It would just be nice if some could have more of an open mind on him. Its really tiring and kind of lame to see the constant heckling of a guy who has basically dedicated his life to the club and done many many good things for it that none of us see. There would not be many more passionate club people around than Zorba. And he loves the players like sons, this i have seen first hand (like in the same room as them kind of thing).

Im sure the fruit will be thrown at me for presenting a view other than putting him down. But it needed to be said

That is certainly the good side of him.

When Dave Perry was instructed to remove him as the media manager they offered him the lesser position of player welfare ( which he sort of did anyway), and of course he didn’t accept but that’s what he’s best at, no doubt.

It’s just he should be kept away from anything to do with fans as he just doesn’t get them!

So whilst I am on the opposite bandwagon I do concur with your view of that side of the man.

BTW, I make no comment nor ever have on his looks, size or eating habits, I don’t believe we need to get down to that.

The view I have is that at 72, hating anything to do with technology that his position as “ Media Manager / Consultant” is somewhat laughable.

That is certainly the good side of him.

When Dave Perry was instructed to remove him as the media manager they offered him the lesser position of player welfare ( which he sort of did anyway), and of course he didn’t accept but that’s what he’s best at, no doubt.

It’s just he should be kept away from anything to do with fans as he just doesn’t get them!

So whilst I am on the opposite bandwagon I do concur with your view of that side of the man.

BTW, I make no comment nor ever have on his looks, size or eating habits, I don’t believe we need to get down to that.

The view I have is that at 72, hating anything to do with technology that his position as “ Media Manager / Consultant” is somewhat laughable.

Zorba also called fans (in a separate incident) insignificant quite a few years ago remember. That's not the sausage roll, know it all comments either. @Lord Eagleton , he's taken a stab at fans about quite a few things. The insignificant comment was made when he was asked what he thought the fans would think about a certain subject.

Now, that's not defending the club, that's going out of his way to have a go at you LE - he feels your insignificant. That's not his white anting of Tooves. That's not his "good sort" issue. That's not when he called fans dummies and cowards. That's not when info is being fed to Bulldog. That's not when he was in the middle of the stolen fridge controversy (shall I keep going?).

That's who you're defending.

Peters is moving on after the 18 season just announced on somewhere. I met Z Peters back in 06 when my nephew was training with the schoolboys side at Manly (narrabeen). He went out of his way to make us feel welcome, My brother, his daughter and myself. He took us into the training facilities and back to Brookvale to meet the players after a game against penrith. Ran into him at the dugout a year later and yes he remembered us and my nephew Duncan from the year before. Without getting into the political side , he didn't seem to bad a bloke to me .

Peters is moving on after the 18 season just announced on somewhere
Yep on page 26 of the Daily today "Zorba's farewell season at Manly". So he WILL 'follow Bob Fulton out the door' but at the end of 2018, after he celebrates his 50 years of all things Manly....

Yep on page 26 of the Daily today "Zorba's farewell season at Manly". So he WILL 'follow Bob Fulton out the door' but at the end of 2018, after he celebrates his 50 years of all things Manly....
He's going to do a tribute lap of Brookie starting at our first home game and be back at the tunnel by round 26...

Zorba also called fans (in a separate incident) insignificant quite a few years ago remember. That's not the sausage roll, know it all comments either. @Lord Eagleton , he's taken a stab at fans about quite a few things. The insignificant comment was made when he was asked what he thought the fans would think about a certain subject.

Now, that's not defending the club, that's going out of his way to have a go at you LE - he feels your insignificant. That's not his white anting of Tooves. That's not his "good sort" issue. That's not when he called fans dummies and cowards. That's not when info is being fed to Bulldog. That's not when he was in the middle of the stolen fridge controversy (shall I keep going?).

That's who you're defending.
I am insignificant re the running of the club. And so are you. The fans trust him and others in the club to make decisions for the better of the club. He is the one on the inside helping run the club. So from a certain point of view i understand why he would say that. Although I hear what you're saying. It wasnt the ideal thing to say, and it certainly hit a few sensitive people hard. Im sure if he had his time again he would choose his words differently.

But im not about to destroy him time after time because of it. His lifetime of positive contribution and love of the club outweighs a few small incidents like that.

Perhaps im a bit different to most here, but someone has to be pretty fk'd up for me to not recognise their passion and basically giving their entire life to the very club we all adore. He helped deliver part of the clubs success wether we like it or not. Tearing him down on a messageboard is lame. Any day of the week.

I am insignificant re the running of the club. And so are you. The fans trust him and others in the club to make decisions for the better of the club. He is the one on the inside helping run the club. So from a certain point of view i understand why he would say that. Although I hear what you're saying. It wasnt the ideal thing to say, and it certainly hit a few sensitive people hard. Im sure if he had his time again he would choose his words differently.

But im not about to destroy him time after time because of it. His lifetime of positive contribution and love of the club outweighs a few small incidents like that.

Perhaps im a bit different to most here, but someone has to be pretty fk'd up for me to not recognise their passion and basically giving their entire life to the very club we all adore. He helped deliver part of the clubs success wether we like it or not. Tearing him down on a messageboard is lame. Any day of the week.
You would agree, though, that the Club's biggest problems in recent years have come from within, no?

Of course. But that clearly is a massive cluster fck of complexities. No one obvious villain, its certainly not all on Zorbas head. No one knows what is truly going on in the inner sanctum except those in the inner sanctum.

Understand what you're saying mate. But if it were one issue, fine. If it were two issues, fine. If it were three, slight problem. Zorba has burnt us over, and over, and over again, without consequence, or even thought of consequence, which is a complete disrespect of the one that pays him in The Penn's - he just doesn't care, and has no filter about it.

Up to you though. If you want to consistently be told your a nothing, inconsequential, meaningless, so on and so forth, happy for you to continue to support, and provide capital to the one that has basically called you a hindrance to the club.

He's lost me as a supporter with his filth, and constant jibes at both me, and all my buddies who I actually care about in these forums.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8