Zorba - Lockyer no immortal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
whats the criteria for an immortal?
just footy ability?
or what you done while you were a footy player?
IMO johns brought the game into disrepute - druggo racist and lockyer deserves it before johns.
johns will make it wghen we're all dead and his crap has been forgotten!

If Lockyer hasn't qualified for Immortal status then I don't know who has.

Brookie

I wouldnt be claiming Johnsies drug use as a big difference bewteen those two_Only difference is Johns got caught.

I don't think that recreational activities should be taken into account when determining an immortal but Lockyer's label as a cleanskin is a joke to those involved in league north of the border and an insult to the many that are cleanskins.

Both Johns and Lockyer deserve immortal status based on their achievements but so do a few before them.

I sincerely doubt any of the current Immortals could be described as cleanskins. You can't tell me Fulton, Raper, Gaz, and Chang were angels. Lewis spat on opposing players ....how Immortal is that ?

Zorba has way too big an opinion for my liking. Adding some major fuel to the Bronco's will to beat us up there in Round 26 is, for mine, a red card offence.

TokyoEagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:
Cheers for providing the opposition more ammo for when we play them.

My 1st thought too while reading the article. Zorba should think about what he is going to say before opening his big mouth.
Let's leave the discussion of whether he is fit to be an immortal till after he retires.

I remember a game years ago with Zorba saying we were going to do this and do that to Morley, and Morley destroyed our pack on his own that night

Brookie said:
whats the criteria for an immortal?
just footy ability?
or what you done while you were a footy player?
IMO johns brought the game into disrepute - druggo racist and lockyer deserves it before johns.
johns will make it wghen we're all dead and his crap has been forgotten!

Yeah, Andrew Johns is no cleanskin. But you're kidding yourself if you think Lockyer is. Lockyer played more origins, more tests, more games and scored more tries then Johns. But Johns scored double the points that lockyer has and he was an A1 defender who could kick and land the ball on a 50c piece. You could even probably say he was a pioneer of the banana kick. Lockyer is a great player, but many players have been touted as the best player in the world whilst he's been around. i.e Smith, Slater, Thurston, Inglis, Marshall. Johns was, when playing, undoubtedly the best player of his time. Like Lewis was.

If anyone deserves to be inducted next time round, it's Menzies. His origin and test tally is comparable to Johns and his tally of games and tries is comparable to Lockyer. In fact, he's still played more games and lockyer will never get anywhere near his try scoring tally. Menzies is 58 in front and is a relative cleanskin to boot!

Despite this year having some positive media for our player's and club a like.

Along comes Zorba with his latest article (and while it goes on to say it is own opinion) it undo's alot of good work. He should go on to realise that his opinion reflects badly on the Sea Eagles as a brand.

I hope someone in the club tells him to pull his head in.

If he was performing fellatio on a certain whistleblower fluff peices like this wouldnt exist due to lack of time....

And I dont think we should ever have any more immortals. Call them Legends or Champions (or whatever) but you cant go giving every player immortal status. Menzies, Hindmarsh, Lamb, Lockyer,Cliffy and the list would go on. All teams have legends.

eagles2win said:

Along comes Zorba with his latest article (and while it goes on to say it is own opinion) it undo's alot of good work. He should go on to realise that his opinion reflects badly on the Sea Eagles as a brand.

That's it, while everyone has a right to an opinion, and to express it. any sane person in his position should be able to stop and think of the ramifications on the club of blurting something like this out. You'd be an idiot to not know what the papers are like now always looking for the controversial angle and he just feeds it to them.

this guy just likes seeing his name in print far too much for my liking. As a media manager, does his job not entail trying to gain as much media coverage for the club as possible? (obviously positive coverage is a key point of maintaining such a position). i know in my place of work if our media officer was garnering as much negative press on the brand they'd be out the door in a flash. and if he thinks his comments don't reflect on the brand in general and add fuel to already burning fires, he's a dead set goose.

he should know anything he blurts out is going to be associated with his position at the club, and twisted in as many ways as possible by the media to look worse than whatever dribble that comes from him.

dead man walking if i was in charge of the place.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
eagles2win said:

That's it, while everyone has a right to an opinion, and to express it. any sane person in his position should be able to stop and think of the ramifications on the club of blurting something like this out. You'd be an idiot to not know what the papers are like now always looking for the controversial angle and he just feeds it to them.

this guy just likes seeing his name in print far too much for my liking. As a media manager, does his job not entail trying to gain as much media coverage for the club as possible? (obviously positive coverage is a key point of maintaining such a position). i know in my place of work if our media officer was garnering as much negative press on the brand they'd be out the door in a flash. and if he thinks his comments don't reflect on the brand in general and add fuel to already burning fires, he's a dead set goose.

he should know anything he blurts out is going to be associated with his position at the club, and twisted in as many ways as possible by the media to look worse than whatever dribble that comes from him.

dead man walking if i was in charge of the place.

He said it doesnt in any way reflect the idea's of the club so let him whinge

As a media manager connected to our club it's unforgiveable. He just fuels oppositions with fire, on many occasions it come back to bite us.

He should be replaced as not only does he bring flak on himself but our club cops it too. He should STFU.

Always having a go at our own. Why dont you have go at the Queenslanders - Close , Meninga and company that behave like no-one has a right to an objective opinion and start personally abusing people becuse they dont have a rational arguement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4