Zorba - Lockyer no immortal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Peters should shut up about players from teams other than ours. He gives them ammo for when they play us.

Promote OUR club and shut the **** up about other players and clubs.

bones said:
He is right though.

Yeah, he's right but most people know that. He's been one of the NRL's untouchables.

But Peters should stick to promoting our club and let others worry about anyone else.

There are already plans for him beyond retirement, with NRL chief executive David Gallop saying yesterday Lockyer was likely to be an ambassador for Test football.

''I think you will see him involved in that over the next few years,'' Gallop said. ''Legend gets thrown around a bit in sport but this is a genuine legend - on and off the field he is a champion.''

I don't know if either of the matters below are true, but rumours and unverified claims about similar things have been sufficient for Gallop to crucify others in the past.

If there is any truth to either of them they really should him Teflon Lockyer...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/restaurant-owner-claims-darren-lockyer-tackled-him/story-e6frfgcx-1111117515586

http://www.news.com.au/top-stories/darren-lockyer-rejects-drug-rumours/story-e6frfkp9-1111114328382

I would suggest a nickname for Gallop but we were reminded not to swear etc recently and if I were to write my proposed nickname here I would probably be banned from this site for life.

The man (Peters) is a genius. Come Round 26, I'm sure his article will be up on their Broncos dressing room wall in large font, so that the Broncos players that can read, can read it out to the ones that can't.

Zorba has lost the plot! Lockyer holds more records than...ummmm....hmmmm..... Billy Ray Cyrus, has been club, state and Nation Captain for bloody ages, and consistently performing at the top level of the game.
I agree that maybe he shouldn't be the NEXT immortal, but to say he is no better than the Walters boys, Miles etc, is fair dinkum dribble.

What to be made an immortal before Johns? Are you serious? Yeah definately at some stage but straight away? I'll wait to see what he does for the game after retirement before i refer to him as an immortal.

Zorba, you are the worst media manager in the comp.

Just stick to Radio so we dont get tarred with your ridiculous rants.

Kiwi Eagle said:
Cheers for providing the opposition more ammo for when we play them.

My 1st thought too while reading the article. Zorba should think about what he is going to say before opening his big mouth.
Let's leave the discussion of whether he is fit to be an immortal till after he retires.

Good work by Zorba, he has the ability to almost single handedly turn around weeks of positive press about our club with the like of Foran and DCE getting into the press with one article. Well done. :dodgy:

On Locky, he has to be an immortal eventually. Just think about the records he will hold. Games played at NRL, Origin & Test levels, as well as most captains etc. It really is phenomenal when you look at the numbers.

That beings said, there is no strict criteria for the immortals and it really depends on how many they are going to induct in the next round. I actually thought the immortals as a concept had been shelved with the focus now on the hall of fame?

Anyway, I'm going to be a little bit dirty on the club when Locky plays game 350. Probably read something on the same day about Beaver putting in another great performance in the ESL.

I reckon he is a great player, a really elite player, but is he better than Sterling, Meninga, Langer or Johns?

They have it right with the current 7, but lets not let hysteria ruin what has become a truly great honour in our game.

Maybe players should be retired for 5 years before they should be eligible for consideration.

BTW Peter Peters = Brain-dead.

didnt realise that lockyer is the top try scorer of all time, thanks for setting me straight gilly.

IMO Menzies is every bit as good and would be talked about the same way if he was a Bronco.

bones said:
IMO Menzies is every bit as good and would be talked about the same way if he was a Bronco.

I agree, but I think its more a case of Beaver being under appreciated as opposed to Lockyer being overrated.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
  • Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8