Zorba Legend!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Has anyone on this site ever definitively provided proof to countenance these claims of destabilization attributed to Peters? Or is it just a circular urban myth that has become "truth" simply by shouting rubbish over and over and over again?

Matabele said:
Has anyone on this site ever definitively provided proof to countenance these claims of destabilization attributed to Peters? Or is it just a circular urban myth that has become "truth" simply by shouting rubbish over and over and over again?
Anyone that is passionate about our great club should now focus on a harmonious future and leave the division and disharmony along with the previous part owners that took the money and ran behind .

Matabele said:

Depends on which side of the fence you are on...

Matabele said:

I have consistently asked this, but have seen no proof yet.

I've not been among the more strident anti-Zorba posters, but does he deny it? Is someone suggesting Zorba has been a consistent advocate for calm conciliation and cooperation between the Sea eagles stakeholders? That he put aside personal issues to work productively with the likes of Reilly, Perry, Sydney, Williams?

Personally I don't really care. It seems he was popular among the more senior players which is a plus, but circumstantial evidence suggests he was divisive behind the scenes. So what? That war is over now, the greater bank balance has prevailed, a new era of stability stretches before us.

Zorba was no more diversive than those you mention - in fact I have heard a lot of the so called leaks, particularly this season were attributed to those other than Zorba.

Anyway onwards and upwards.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
I've not been among the more strident anti-Zorba posters, but does he deny it? Is someone suggesting Zorba has been a consistent advocate for calm conciliation and cooperation between the Sea eagles stakeholders? That he put aside personal issues to work productively with the likes of Reilly, Perry, Sydney, Williams?

Personally I don't really care. It seems he was popular among the more senior players which is a plus, but circumstantial evidence suggests he was divisive behind the scenes. So what? That war is over now, the greater bank balance has prevailed, a new era of stability stretches before us.

Is it up to him to deny it or prove his innocents, that's an odd burden!

Besides the accusations have only been at the forums really.

I guess it doesn't really matter anyway

Ryan said:
PONTIAN SEA EAGLE said:
I see a greek restaurant advertisement on this thread.Looks like zorbs allready on the ball.

Weird..I see a Seek.com.au advert. Looks like David Perry is too. I JOOOOKE
And here's the new sign outside Brookie oval

Apparently he's handling the belly dancing himself....well, he is a good sort.....

Dan said:
Is it up to him to deny it or prove his innocents, that's an odd burden!
It's not up to him, but on the other hand if someone with inside info knew it to be untrue, wouldn't they just say so?

I don't even know Zorba, but I've listened to him on radio enough to believe he's not very thin-skinned and I doubt he would ever claim to be an angel. As a player and a journo he was gutsy and not without a modicum of skill.

I don't think anyone is in a real position to comment on whether Zorb is a leak or what, in fact he has done to destabilise this club. Mark would know more than most though i'd imagine.

What i will say is that every time i have spoken to Zorba in the past he has come across to me as nothing but a good bloke and the players all love him.

Stevo said:
I don't think anyone is in a real position to comment on whether Zorb is a leak or what, in fact he has done to destabilise this club. Mark would know more than most though i'd imagine.

What i will say is that every time i have spoken to Zorba in the past he has come across to me as nothing but a good bloke and the players all love him.

Mark might think he knows more than most, but has he any proof?

Stevo said:

Just like your self and many others Stevo I have found Zorba a great ambassador for our club and just like any one else Zorba cant please every one

Dan said:
Matabele said:

All these claims are nothing but hot air. It is very disappointing to see "some" of our own fans make mendacious comments against one of our own loyal clubman who loves nothing more than to see Manly succeed.

I bet all the accusations are nothing more than, "He said, She said, They said, My cousin had a friend who said, I know someone who was there, My sister was shagging the person who knows that it happened, My friend who's in the inner circle of the club who said......." --- which is all just other people's personal agenda and doesn't mean jack as the gospel truth.

Unless if you hear and see it for yourself, any third hand conversation or insinuations is nothing more than piffle and twaddle.

I don't know Zorba personally but every time we have crossed paths, he has always been most courteous and kind (and I'm NOT even a good sort!).

Ramrod said:
Dan said:
Matabele said:

All these claims are nothing but hot air. It is very disappointing to see "some" of our own fans make mendacious comments against one of our own loyal clubman who loves nothing more than to see Manly succeed.

I bet all the accusations are nothing more than, "He said, She said, They said, My cousin had a friend who said, I know someone who was there, My sister was shagging the person who knows that it happened, My friend who's in the inner circle of the club who said......." --- which is all just other people's personal agenda and doesn't mean jack as the gospel truth.

Unless if you hear and see it for yourself, any third hand conversation or insinuations is nothing more than piffle and twaddle.

I don't know Zorba personally but every time we have crossed paths, he has always been most courteous and kind (and I'm NOT even a good sort!).

Actually the most lucid accusation (and it's not very lucid at all) is about smoke and fire. That's a very low onus of proof and not really adequate given the serious accusations being made.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4