Zac Saddler ... Indigenous team ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Zac be in our top 30 squad ..

• Total voters
You must be right Joe .... you agree with me .... that is pretty much how I saw it ...

What I like about both Saddler and Keppie is that neither seem over-awed .... and this is the important point for me .... they both appear to be both physically and mentally invested in the game ... they don't seem to just be there to do a job, but are alert and prepared to do what has to be done .... that attitude is inherent .. not coached ... and is an attribute in footballers that is worth it's weight in rocking horse poo ....

Both look like becoming very good footballers with more experience and games under their belt ....
Yeah,did not look out of place and looked to get involved(lack of fear seems to be strong in both and is an uncoachable trait).Something that will make it even sweeter if he kicks on will be the egg on the Doggies supporters faces.The Kennel hated him being in the 30 and laughed at us for picking him up and giving him a shot,he seemed to go off the rails when Des and Crusher left the dogs(maybe Pay could not reach him or work with him).

Yeah,did not look out of place and looked to get involved(lack of fear seems to be strong in both and is an uncoachable trait).Something that will make it even sweeter if he kicks on will be the egg on the Doggies supporters faces.The Kennel hated him being in the 30 and laughed at us for picking him up and giving him a shot,he seemed to go off the rails when Des and Crusher left the dogs(maybe Pay could not reach him or work with him).

Possibly (and hopefully) just an age and young lion mentality thing ... learning to handle all that testosterone in a positive way ... it is wonderful what a difference even a year in maturity and a good playing group can make to a wild kid ......

If he can keep the aggresion but lose the brain farts he will be more than handy ..... and I am certain the local Northern Beaches girls will teach him manners and how to eat with a knife and fork ...

I voted no just because I think there's a limit to the number of NRL props with L plates that you can carry in the Top 30. As Mark says, after a year at Blacktown maybe.

I get a good feeling from Zac, like many aggressive players they need a good coach to assist them in controlling the aggression. A real shame I did not see him play for longer but he does remind me of a young Darcy, so I voted yes to just creep in top 30.

In regards to Mitchell, I have never liked the guy as he seems to look for dramas. It is not a novelty that his footy smarts are sometimes lacking and he is quite grubby. He is right at home with Souths, and joining forces with another couple of players that seem to find trouble; in Walker and Roberts.

My thoughts are that he will struggle immensely at fullback. Not just in general play, but also controlling his temper and grubby tactics ( late challenges like last night and unnecessary foul play on opposition players). The guy thinks he is gods gift to the NRL

Last edited:
I voted no just because I think there's a limit to the number of NRL props with L plates that you can carry in the Top 30. As Mark says, after a year at Blacktown maybe.
I voted YES although I doubt there is a spot for him atm. I'm basing it on him being more valuable than Lance, who last season was workman-like but underwhelming imo. I've read that Lance should be improved by his run last season, so I'm hoping he does become more dynamic.
But I know who I'd rather watch, and I'd imaging that the majority of Manly fans would agree with my assessment on pure entertainment value.

Latrell at fullback. He caught the ball ok in the first half, but had trouble keeping up with the play. He only ran 50 odd metres which is ridiculously low for a fullback. The other issue was his lack of playmaking ability when they needed someone to step up. Most good fullbacks can do that.

In the second half he played a bit of centre, and was off for a bit. Alex Johnson looked pretty slick at fullback at that time.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6