Zac Saddler ... Indigenous team ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should Zac be in our top 30 squad ..

• Total voters
**** em, they won’t sing our national anthem so I’m not watching them play.

Hope our Eagles players come through unscathed.
I'm guessing you didn't watch many games back in the day then! Did you have the same outrage for players who didn't know the words or thought that men don't sing?

I'll also add that I love the fact that we live in a country that doesn't force anyone to say or sing anything that they don't want to.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you didn't watch many games back in the day then! Did you have the same outrage for players who didn't know the words or thought that men don't sing?

I'll also add that I love the fact that we live in a country that doesn't force anyone to say or sing anything that they don't want to.
Yeah Muzz, I’m with MFB. If you are a resident of this beautiful country, you should at least sing the national anthem or f*ck off.

Where to? Back where they came from?
Is that it Muzz. I was expecting more from you.(you know I’m with you on the religious arguments. But no matter how articulate you are, I won’t be swayed in the ‘’white shaming" that goes on.)

Can anyone tell me what happened to the white fella in this all-stars game?
Do we have to keep apologising because we are white.
Have to say , I haven’t seen a crowd that big at CBus since the Titans started.

Is that it Muzz. I was expecting more from you.(you know I’m with you on the religious arguments. But no matter how articulate you are, I won’t be swayed in the ‘’white shaming".
Who ever asked you to apologise (for being white)?

Is that it Muzz. I was expecting more from you.(you know I’m with you on the religious arguments. But no matter how articulate you are, I won’t be swayed in the ‘’white shaming" that goes on.)

The thing is, this is incredibly similar to the religious debate; You want others to change because they don't fit to your own beliefs. You want them to act as you do even though their own beliefs are very different to your own and you believe your own ideas are right without question. I don't want to make this about white shaming or racism...it's flawed logic combined with words and actions which compound the problem.

Whether you like it or not, there are many in this country who don't feel like they are equal members of the community. For them, their history is one of second class and non citizenship. They grew up with family members who grew up in government run institutions which treated individuals as sub humans. Many grew up in communities were job prospects were close to nil and all authority saw them as a menace. Yes governments have done plenty to try to correct the errors of the past and you will no doubt argue that indigenous kids are born with more opportunities than white ones. But they are far more likely to be born into marginalized communities with serious problems and distrust towards the greater community. How about understanding where people are coming from rather than dismissing and demonizing them because they don't fit your world view. Wouldn't that be a more effective way to solve the problem? Don't we want an Australia where we are all proud of our history (that wasn't built on immoral actions by today's standards)? These competitions give indigenous people the opportunity to be proud of their heritage and that is something worth celebrating.
I would love for all Australians to feel as proud of their country as you do, but how do we get there? Many countries, in the past and today, enforce national pride on their citizens but I wouldn't want to live in any of them. Would you?
I would much prefer a country where total national pride was seen as a challenge to achieve rather than an ideal that must be met.

And if any of you are still unconvinced then I challenge you to take it up with Joel Thompson the next time he is up your way. He is far more articulate on the issue than me....and far more convincing ;)
Better yet, just tell him that he can F off. Just make sure someone films it for me.

Last edited:
The thing is, this is incredibly similar to the religious debate; You want others to change because they don't fit to your own beliefs. You want them to act as you do even though their own beliefs are very different to your own and you believe your own ideas are right without question. I don't want to make this about white shaming or racism...it's flawed logic combined with words and actions which compound the problem.

Whether you like it or not, there are many in this country who don't feel like they are equal members of the community. For them, their history is one of second class and non citizenship. They grew up with family members who grew up in government run institutions which treated individuals as sub humans. Many grew up in communities were job prospects were close to nil and all authority saw them as a menace. Yes governments have done plenty to try to correct the errors of the past and you will no doubt argue that indigenous kids are born with more opportunities than white ones. But they are far more likely to be born into marginalized communities with serious problems and distrust towards the greater community. How about understanding where people are coming from rather than dismissing and demonizing them because they don't fit your world view. Wouldn't that be a more effective way to solve the problem? Don't we want an Australia where we are all proud of our history (that wasn't built on immoral actions by today's standards)? These competitions give indigenous people the opportunity to be proud of their heritage and that is something worth celebrating.
I would love for all Australians to feel as proud of their country as you do, but how do we get there? Many countries, in the past and today, enforce national pride on their citizens but I wouldn't want to live in any of them. Would you?
I would much prefer a country where total national pride was seen as a challenge to achieve rather than an ideal that must be met.
Great post MTE.

I think we are all very much uneducated in this area. I have white mates who's white grandparents were also "stolen" and it is well known that a large number of white children were also taken and that the majority of indigenous that were taken were "half caste" We shouldn't be defining a generation based on skin colour, we shouldn't be defining a nation based on a part of history. We should continue to learn and develop our understanding of our culture and embrace it rather than comparing and dividing. For what its worth i think we should be apologising to ALL Australians who were treated unfairly, regardless of skin colour. We need to all be treated as ONE! This goes for our past, present and future! Anything at all that divides or implies someone is or has been treated better or worse because of skin colour only creates a further divide. Until we acknowledge we are ALL ONE NATION and ONE PEOPLE then we will never be able to accept and acknowledge our past and move forward together as one!!!

Last edited:
Feels weird cheering a NZ team against an 'Australian' one but I went up as tho Brandon Smith played for Manly lol...

Firetruck Latrell and his pet Foxx... this anthem crap has really turned me off them (and I dont care if that's non-PC)

Walker seals it... too good, jesus hes been good tonight and his kicking game could be awesome for us this year...

I think we are all very much uneducated in this area. I have white mates who's white grandparents were also "stolen" and it is well known that more white children were taken and that the majority of indigenous that were taken were "half cast".
What is your point? "half cast" is indigenous. This is not (just) about skin colour it's about identity.

We should be apologising to ALL Australians who were treated unfairly. We need to all be treated as ONE! This goes for our past, present and future! Anything at all that divides or implies someone is or has been treated better or worse because of skin colour only creates a further divide.
Again. Who is asking you to apologize? This is about creating a country that everyone feels proud of. Why do you feel that resolving this issue makes YOU any less.

Until we acknowledge we are ALL ONE NATION and ONE PEOPLE then we will never be able to accept and acknowledge our past and move forward together as one!!!
Seriously? Wow....do you want to add one leader to that?

Even if you do think that, what do you think is the best way to get there? By enforcing national patriotism or actually building a better country through compassion and understanding.

Last edited:

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6