Zac Fulton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You are all getting ahead of yourselves!

I used to visit my uncle who was a relieving Hotel Manager, in the country.

I was with him at the The Pier at Coff's when a liquor salesman came in with a "new rum" for the licensee to try; he was promptly informed "that he didn't touch that stuff" but he "would get his expert to try it out".

My uncle summoned over Fred, apparently an experienced "local" to give his opinion. After throwing down a shot of the rum, he was asked "What did he think?"

He replied, licking his lips, " You can't predict how good it is when it's only had one run", holding out his glass to give a more informed opinion.

You're right John.

Plenty of "next big things" have turned out to be one hit wonders.

But on the other hand, you just got that sense watching Zac for the first time, he's got a bit of mongrel in him. And, f*ck me, we could use some of that right now.

I'm cautiously optimistic and hope he gets the chance to show what he's got. I know it's a small sample size but he looks more impressive than Tuilagi right now who's doing his best Tony Williams impersonation; and not the 2011 version either.

Zac looks really promising and could come on really well if he can translate some natural toughness and on field hunger into N R L level type efforts . Crusher has hopefully identified him as a Cam Murray type player and that is not such a bad starting point to work from . Not too sure of his ball playing skills and especially as a 13 but should be able to develop that as well with the right development and opportunities

You're right John.

Plenty of "next big things" have turned out to be one hit wonders.

But on the other hand, you just got that sense watching Zac for the first time, he's got a bit of mongrel in him. And, f*ck me, we could use some of that right now.

I'm cautiously optimistic and hope he gets the chance to show what he's got. I know it's a small sample size but he looks more impressive than Tuilagi right now who's doing his best Tony Williams impersonation; and not the 2011 version either.

I thought he was out of his depth, but at 20 on debut, that is not unusual ... but ... where there is mongrel and desire .. there is hope .. if the kid has the grit we think he has, he will be a keeper .

Went through the JWH facial with flying colours, then duly put on a hit on the big man a couple of tackles later. He's got the Manly DNA, he'll do me.
And replied to him, "I thought you'd retired."
Nuts of steel. We need more of this. This year we were not hungry enough. Lacked the passion to compete in many situations. Gave up too easily. The Manly we (olders) watched growing up never gave up. Get the hunger back Manly..

I hadn’t seen the kid play before the rorters game but he certainly didn’t concern me with his size, as they say, “It’s not the size of the dog in the fight, it’s the size of the fight in the dog”; Zac’ll do me for a (future) spot in the pack.

Last edited:

Wasnt TRex an absolute beast in 2011.

I always thought we would go back to back in 2012 especially after finishing in the top 4. Then we beat the Cowboys to go into the GF qualifier vs Storm (eventual premiers). I thought we had their measure and Trex was the X factor, if he fires we win.

How wrong I was.

The real question is will Des actually give Zac a go in first grade before his 2 year extension and his career is over?

Or do we have to wait for multiple injuries for young players like Zac given a go by Des?

The real question is will Des actually give Zac a go in first grade before his 2 year extension and his career is over?

Or do we have to wait for multiple injuries for young players like Zac given a go by Des?

Have I missed something has he been extended ?

Wasnt TRex an absolute beast in 2011.

I always thought we would go back to back in 2012 especially after finishing in the top 4. Then we beat the Cowboys to go into the GF qualifier vs Storm (eventual premiers). I thought we had their measure and Trex was the X factor, if he fires we win.

How wrong I was.

He was Bob.

That's why I said Tuilagi wasn't this version of T-Rex. He is more like the version that looked like Tarzan and played like Jane.

Let’s all hope that Des doesn’t set his development back. I fear he’s done that with a few players, notably Jake.
Don't see that myself. Jake has been a mainstay of NSW and Australia for several years and has racked up 180 games for Manly, most of which he's played very big minutes and never held anything in the tank. He can still rise to the occasion as he showed when selected in Origin but if he's slowing a bit at this stage then his years and mileage shouldn't make that a surprise.
For the style of player he is I'm not sure what he still needs to develop. Unless you just mean he's geting burned out by carrying Manly, I don't disagree with that but not sure what Des is supposed to do about that one. Improve the other players faster I suppose.

I am on Team Z with big hopes for that kid. Specifically I am hoping over about next two years he might solve our "mobile ball-playing Lock" question. Then we can have Jake in the front row where I still think he looks best.

Over the same period if we can bring on GCKT to start coming off the bench for a hooker spell we could start maybe using Croker as an imaginative second rower and reliable defender in rotation while GCKT is onfield; and we have Lawton as well backing up second rower and lock.

I am on Team Z with big hopes for that kid. Specifically I am hoping over about next two years he might solve our "mobile ball-playing Lock" question. Then we can have Jake in the front row where I still think he looks best.

Over the same period if we can bring on GCKT to start coming off the bench for a hooker spell we could start maybe using Croker as an imaginative second rower and reliable defender in rotation while GCKT is onfield; and we have Lawton as well backing up second rower and lock.
can i buy a vowel?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8