Your say: Will DCE play SOO2

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will DCE play SOO2

• Yes

Votes: 29 56.9%
  • No

Votes: 10 19.6%
  • No, cause the only maroon he should wear is Manly

Votes: 12 23.5%

• Total voters
globaleagle said:
mickqld said:
!st part of me wants the Blues to win. 2nd part of me doesn't want to see DCE play. 3rd part of me wants to see DCE play and lead the maroons to an epic win and then win the series for them launching him into the superstar status. 4th part of me wants to see Blues win the series either now or in game 3. 5th part of me just cares about seeing Manly win the comp and stuff everything else. 6th part of me just wants to go on holidays and get drunk.

As they say....6th time the charm!

... Well the 9th time for NSW :)

He'll play, 98% or 90%, don't forget he's a Queenslander and that ( sadly) makes him different.

I just hope he doesn't do long term damage in doing so.

By the way currently in the Atherton Tablelands but moving down to Cairns on Tuesday, so getting my Blues jumper ready for an attack on some QLD pub on Wednesday night.

GO BLUES

Good on you @Mark from Brisbane.

Who knows if Cherry will play but it's looking like they'll risk him unfortunately. I'd go so far as to say this could mean our season's on the line.

Listening to Jimmy Smith on 2KY this morning, who said he was going to ask Zorba what Manly think about him playing injured and the risks involved. When Zorba came on, I was listening with much interest but then he never ended up being asked the big question. How frustrating! :mad:

ALinda said:
Good on you @Mark from Brisbane.

Who knows if Cherry will play but it's looking like they'll risk him unfortunately. I'd go so far as to say this could mean our season's on the line.

Listening to Jimmy Smith on 2KY this morning, who said he was going to ask Zorba what Manly think about him playing injured and the risks involved. When Zorba came on, I was listening with much interest but then he never ended up being asked the big question. How frustrating! :mad:

That would be an example of '' the blind leading the blind '' anyway Linda.

And hardly worth taking anything Zorba has to say seriously these days, too.

Didn't train today:
http://www.leaguefreak.com/daly-cherry-evans-unlikely-to-play-in-state-of-origin-two-7530/

If things are this bad, he'd be mad to play. Manly need him more than Qld do.

I know what Tooves would say. If I was the coach, i'd be saying "No Way".
The Blues are gonna win back the title some time, it may as well be this year, its not worth making yur knee worse over.
Dare i say it, this is a test of where DCE's true loyalties lie and it'd BETTER BE WITH MWSE !. If he plays i think he'll end up going north club wise.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
If things are this bad, he'd be mad to play. Manly need him more than Qld do.

I know what Tooves would say. If I was the coach, i'd be saying "No Way".
The Blues are gonna win back the title some time, it may as well be this year, its not worth making yur knee worse over.
Dare i say it, this is a test of where DCE's true loyalties lie and it'd BETTER BE WITH MWSE !. If he plays i think he'll end up going north club wise.

I'm not sure it's as black-and-white as that mate....(you can't blame him for wanting to play in this one).

Likewise if he does, I'm not convinced it means he's being disloyal (to Manly) and it fast-tracks any move to the Bronx.

I do agree what Tooves would say (tho we know he could play busted every other week). And I wish he was only playing for us, too.

Just not reality for the best halfback, the best players across the League.

All we can hope is NSW win anyway, and Cherry (and Choc) come home OK.

*Getting Cherry to commit long-term to us soon would be handy too!*

Yeah sat out today. They have Monday off and train for the last time on Tuesday.

Don't reckon he'll play.

The real question is when he is going to he right for us?? If he can't play for qld in Wednesday then he is isn't going to play for us on Friday. I hope he recovers asap

Well we play the Gummies over at their joint Saturday night, but your point is still valid @FlyingHigh

One more day mightn't make much difference if he plays Wednesday and pulls up sore.

We might get the Gummies without him (and with Jack LJ instead, for example) but ideally you'd want Sid there next Saturday.

But I still believe he'll play Wednesday, whatever happens beyond that.

* And @mozgrame Do give Butch a call and get the inside scoop on the whole mob mate! *

RiverEagle said:
EagleFromMay1967 said:

I'm not sure it's as black-and-white as that mate....(you can't blame him for wanting to play in this one).

Likewise if he does, I'm not convinced it means he's being disloyal (to Manly) and it fast-tracks any move to the Bronx.

I agree RE - DCE playing injured doesn't necessarily mean he'd be disloyal to us. No, I can't blame him for wanting to either but he should remember who's paying him big time and realise if he can't, he shouldn't.

However, aside from that, as I said earlier if he plays and his injury worsens our season could well be on the line! DCE being out for a length of time would definitely affect our finals chances.

Yeah it's a real worry Linda...

I'm not sure of the full nature of his leg injury, but the risk of him doing even more damage is pretty high, you'd think.

Can only keep our fingers crossed.

Winning the comp this year will be a lot harder without him!

Well....no major scoop to report. DCE feeling a little dejected at the moment. Will be given every opportunity to prove himself fit but not looking too promising. Thurston keeping a low media profile, but primed for a big game. Likewise Slater and Inglis. All forwards prepared for a big show and power game. The crowd never has never fazed them and won't this time either. Trying to relax and enjoy the build up. Been watching plenty of old footage (Tallis vs crowd getting good response lol)

Not taking it lightly and want the win badly. Rates Hunt. Reckons he will be the top number 7 within the next 2 years.(WTF??) Cronk in Hunt's ear with tips about the pressure in case he is needed. (looking likely)

Rule yourself out and come home Sid!! Should be a ripper!!!!!

Very interesting, and thanks @mozgrame

Not sure at all about the Hunt ''prediction'' ahead of Sid (in two yrs) but Butch must have his reasons there.

As I've said, it would be awesome for him to experience this in the run-on side...I just don't want Manly's train derailed in the process.

Hunts stats in everything halfback related are better than Cronks and DCE's, with the exception of 40/20's.

COMMANDER said:
Hunts stats in everything halfback related are better than Cronks and DCE's, with the exception of 40/20's.

What about his stats for GFs or any other high pressure Representative game :huh:

Sid will do Manly proud, Qld I don't care about :angel:

Blues by 16 :)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7