Your preferred 2024 side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Disagree Ryan, with a fully fit side in 2024 we can easily make the 8, even push for a top 4 spot. Just got to get that cursed injury monkey of our backs tho..
At this stage, this is our 8-17 (as close as I can get):

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

How in the blazes can anyone tell me with a straight face, that this pack, that's been dominated for YEARS, is magically going to turn the corner and challenge the likes of The Panthers, Storm, Broncos and all the others ?

• Lodge won't have played for 9 months
  • Paseka won't have played for 7 months
  • Aloiai won't have played for 7 months
  • Croker is still Croker - average

Come on mate, be realistic.

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

How in the blazes can anyone tell me with a straight face, that this pack, that's been dominated for YEARS, is magically going to turn the corner and challenge the likes of The Panthers, Storm, Broncos and all the others ?

To give you some perspective, Aloai is supposedly on more money than Coen Hess, which is crazy.

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

As always Ryan, you always seem to paint a gloomy picture. Lodge could be right to play by early April. Paseka and Aloiai would of been right to play if we'd made the finals, both were marked down as both being out for 6 weeks at the time of their injuries. So apart from Lodge, Paseka and Aloiai should have a good pre season build up. Crocker average,... far from it, he's a tackling machine, what he lacks in some areas he makes up in others, besides we've got Gordie now for those darting runs from dummy half. And on team performance, we beat the Storm, Parra, Raiders, Sharks and should of beaten Souths and the recent Penrith and Warriors games bad refs decisions went against us once again in close games. When you say those 3 players could be out by 9 or 7 months, the rest of the team will be out by 6 months anyways, hardly any difference really.

As always Ryan, you always seem to paint a gloomy picture. Lodge could be right to play by early April. Paseka and Aloiai would of been right to play if we'd made the finals, both were marked down as both being out for 6 weeks at the time of their injuries. So apart from Lodge, Paseka and Aloiai should have a good pre season build up. Crocker average,... far from it, he's a tackling machine, what he lacks in some areas he makes up in others, besides we've got Gordie now for those darting runs from dummy half. And on team performance, we beat the Storm, Parra, Raiders, Sharks and should of beaten Souths and the recent Penrith and Warriors games bad refs decisions went against us once again in close games. When you say those 3 players could be out by 9 or 7 months, the rest of the team will be out by 6 months anyways, hardly any difference really.

Always paint a gloomy picture ? Haha

12th last season
11th this season

With the same set of forwards / dummy half.

Yet, magically it's all going to clique (after almost 10 years of the same - the rare semi decent year thrown in).

What kind of picture to you WANT me to paint? I'm thinking abstract. VERY abstract. Almost Pro-Heart crap where I stand back and throw paint from a distance at a canvas hoping it sticks.

Know how many new forwards we are bringing in for next season? Lodge - who's a huge bodied player returning from an ACL (who may be match fit mid-late season).

Nah mate, suuuurre, we are a real chance at top 4, our premiership window is open, and out roster elite. Just ask Penn, Mestrov and Siebold. Also, enjoy the cool aid!

Always paint a gloomy picture ? Haha

12th last season
11th this season

With the same set of forwards / dummy half.

Yet, magically it's all going to clique (after almost 10 years of the same - the rare semi decent year thrown in).

What kind of picture to you WANT me to paint? I'm thinking abstract. VERY abstract. Almost Pro-Heart crap where I stand back and throw paint from a distance at a canvas hoping it sticks.

Know how many new forwards we are bringing in for next season? Lodge - who's a huge bodied player returning from an ACL (who may be match fit mid-late season).

Nah mate, suuuurre, we are a real chance at top 4, our premiership window is open, and out roster elite. Just ask Penn, Mestrov and Siebold. Also, enjoy the cool aid!
ha ha...i'll give you this, your posts are always entertaining and the argy bargy banter between us is mainly friendly. We both want the same thing, that is Manly being finals bound, could be 2024...just sayin..

ha ha...i'll give you this, your posts are always entertaining and the argy bargy banter between us is mainly friendly. We both want the same thing, that is Manly being finals bound, could be 2024...just sayin..
Mainly ? It's always friendly mate. You just deal with my sarcasm better than most!

I particularly like my Pro-Heart reference haha

I agree with Gordy and Croker sharing the minutes. It's the perfect tandem. It's a win-win for everyone.

Disagree Ryan, with a fully fit side in 2024 we can easily make the 8, even push for a top 4 spot. Just got to get that cursed injury monkey of our backs tho..
I think the other thing is that given our achilleas heel has been TT and the FB position and even though it was only the dogs Koula can only get better in that position ,leaving Garrick with even Parker or Paulo has a centre partner ,we look more potent an balanced if and when TT goes down with Koula out the back

Who knows what happening with Lodge, the last I heard as gets rehab that he is still on T & T ,but when fit along with Paseka ,Sippers new form and even Keppie /Aloai/Bully we have a bloody good FR to chose from.
GT showed on Sunday that he he is a natural 9 and and the timing of bringing him on was perfect, we still had Croker there to cover in case but GT just did his job around the ruck and we looked a lot better for it.
We also appear to have a bit of cover in the 1/2s with DCE, Brooksy ,Jacob, Humphries, Weekes, Croker and who knows the Schu as well
BR we have Hamole, Burbo, Matterson (has done really well I think),the Schu (lets hope he gets his head and body right, I'm sure he will) and maybe Tuilagi( his D last week was terrible) ,so some workers there and some flare. If I am pushed however BR is one area we maybe a little thin on ,unless I am forgetting someone , given Tuilagi is marginal at best . I loved what Hamole did with Koula last week too it shows he is now starting to get what the game is all about and his role in it .
Anyways Im positive for 2024 given the old caveat of injuries and if we can get out share of luck there, who knows to what heights we can scale .Go Manly ,lets finish with a nice comfortable hiding of our feeder club and have our win stacked with spectacular trys and crunching D and no injuries so we can get a productive offseason .

I think the other thing is that given our achilleas heel has been TT and the FB position and even though it was only the dogs Koula can only get better in that position ,leaving Garrick with even Parker or Paulo has a centre partner ,we look more potent an balanced if and when TT goes down with Koula out the back

Who knows what happening with Lodge, the last I heard as gets rehab that he is still on T & T ,but when fit along with Paseka ,Sippers new form and even Keppie /Aloai/Bully we have a bloody good FR to chose from.
GT showed on Sunday that he he is a natural 9 and and the timing of bringing him on was perfect, we still had Croker there to cover in case but GT just did his job around the ruck and we looked a lot better for it.
We also appear to have a bit of cover in the 1/2s with DCE, Brooksy ,Jacob, Humphries, Weekes, Croker and who knows the Schu as well
BR we have Hamole, Burbo, Matterson (has done really well I think),the Schu (lets hope he gets his head and body right, I'm sure he will) and maybe Tuilagi( his D last week was terrible) ,so some workers there and some flare. If I am pushed however BR is one area we maybe a little thin on ,unless I am forgetting someone , given Tuilagi is marginal at best . I loved what Hamole did with Koula last week too it shows he is now starting to get what the game is all about and his role in it .
Anyways Im positive for 2024 given the old caveat of injuries and if we can get out share of luck there, who knows to what heights we can scale .Go Manly ,lets finish with a nice comfortable hiding of our feeder club and have our win stacked with spectacular trys and crunching D and no injuries so we can get a productive offseason .
Just about read my thoughts as well, with a fit TT and the inclusion of Brooks

Just about read my thoughts for next season also. The injury curse put paid for our drive to the 8. Expecting us to hit the ground running from rd1 2024. With a clean slate injury wise I think we can really take our game to another level.

08. Josh Aloiai
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Gordon Chan Kum Tong
15. Sean Keppie
16. Ethan Bullemor
17. Ben Trbojevic

No Sipley?

Just about read my thoughts as well, with a fit TT and the inclusion of Brooks

Just about read my thoughts for next season also. The injury curse put paid for our drive to the 8. Expecting us to hit the ground running from rd1 2024. With a clean slate injury wise I think we can really take our game to another level.
The good thing is that we can afford at least one injured player for Round 1 coz with the field in Vegas being 5 metres narrower than normal, we'll only need 12 on the park.

One good game doesn't make a career mate. I'd like to see a LOT more. He has a good game in him, but disappears for large chunks as well (which I'm assuming is the reason he's dropped so often).
I think Sipley is a better player when his is not a first pick in the 17. Plays with more hunger when he has to fight for a spot.

He’s a fantastic club man and seems to be well liked by his team mates, but should be depth/injury cover only, until (or unless) he can narrow the gap between his best and worst games (much like the team, really).

I think Sipley is a better player when his is not a first pick in the 17. Plays with more hunger when he has to fight for a spot.

He’s a fantastic club man and seems to be well liked by his team mates, but should be depth/injury cover only, until (or unless) he can narrow the gap between his best and worst games (much like the team, really).
I've noticed since his latest return, that he isn't being as animated as in the past. When we were going ok earlier in the year, he was always laughing and geeing the crowd up after we scored. He was a bit of a court jester of the team. However, I've really noticed how he's packing a serious persona now. Even after scoring a try he was all serious face. I wonder if his form might have something to do with a new perspective. He looks fitter and more focussed. It would be great if he brought that back next year.

Perfect assessment imo mate !

I've noticed since his latest return, that he isn't being as animated as in the past. When we were going ok earlier in the year, he was always laughing and geeing the crowd up after we scored. He was a bit of a court jester of the team. However, I've really noticed how he's packing a serious persona now. Even after scoring a try he was all serious face. I wonder if his form might have something to do with a new perspective. He looks fitter and more focussed. It would be great if he brought that back next year.
I'm a Sipley fan pure and simple.

1 Turbo
2 Saab
3 Garrick / Parker
4 Koula
5 Paulo / Tippytoes / Talua
6 Brookes
7 Chez
8 Alioa / Lodge
9 Croker
10 Paseka
11 Oka