Your favourite new player 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Over the course of the year there's bound to be a number of Sea Eagles donning the famous colours for the first time in NRL.
Kelma, obviously.
But others likely if not almost certain -
Johns
Fifita
Gordie
Tuaimalo Vaega [I've been reminded he already debuted last year!]
Samuela
Tuitavake?
Condon?
Latu?
Once I see them carving up for Manly I'll get a favourite but for now I really like Condon! No idea if he's a nice guy or even a decent player but he just looks like a, well, I don't know .. the opposite of a slick arrogant NRL likes-to-be-seen-about-town-sipping-lattes-I'm-a-star type.
For that reason alone I like him already, hope he kicks on!
Condon didn't exactly come out all guns a blazing in the trials, just hope he doesn't go the same way as Bully's 2022 season, a bit meek&mild.

Good thread but

too soon for me. Character , drive and real footy heads reveal themselves with more game time and more opportunities. I like those qualities

i generally enjoy forwards more than backs.

considering the trials im keen to see where the 2 fainus fit in. I know latu isnt quite ready. Johns went well but humphries is another im really keen to see.

condon is a lump of a lad and prop rotation seems to be achievable for almost anyone in the squad. We also need more from our rotation than we currently get.

gordon and latu being available at the same time will be very interesting.

there should be plenty hearing the footsteps coming

but oku, jakey, croaks, lawman, tommy, ailoi , and koula are my faves and someone has to unseat them.they cant all be faves

Men from Roma don't sit around sipping lattes!
I think they might.

image.png

Along the same vein, will we have a new favourite combination (e.g. Lyons to Menzies) by season's end?

Fletcher Myers
I'm with you Bob. I watched him last year when he was able to play at Brookie and he was going ok. But he really surprised me how comfortable he looked in the trial (till the head knock). He just looks like a real centre. I think Weekes is very good (and we need to keep him somewhere) and I like Parker a lot but Meyers looks like our long term pairing for Koula.

Cooper Johns.

I see him and DCE working well together. From what I have seen he has a great short kicking game, an area where DCE is not so great. Not sure if Schuster is the answer. We need consistency in the halves and Schuster is too hot and cold for my liking. Schuster is more of an X factor in my opinion and should be played off the bench in the final 15 of each half. We will get more life out of his injury proved body too.

Tricky question as the best new talent imo has not played yet - Latu Fainu.
The limited time of trials showed Fifita could potentially be a beast who can change the momentum so I take him....but it's a blanket finish as Samuela Fainu looked fit n strong on debut, Johns was simply Far better than I thought he was, Fletched Myles looked like the textbook centre with speed - vision and class all on show, Tuilagi was already proven and done what he should - caused havoc and can hit, Weekes is the best utility 1 could wish for, Gordie at 9 was definitely the 1 who excited me most as his slick service through the ruck had forwards powering over the advantage line and he looked explosive from out of dummy half.....maybe premature, but 2023 -2024 - 2025 we just maybe building towards another Dynasty !!

Roache wasn't used in trials and was not named in Blacktown squad, so does that mean he is gone ?

And I have been impressed with the impact of Tualagi. He seems much trimmer to my eyes vs Last Year.

Maybe Weekes.

For some reason I dont like many of our current players, especially those who's surnames dont start Trb.

Its weird, because as a big Aussie cricket fan,i actually dislike about 6 or 7 of the current Test players.

Tricky question as the best new talent imo has not played yet - Latu Fainu.
The limited time of trials showed Fifita could potentially be a beast who can change the momentum so I take him....but it's a blanket finish as Samuela Fainu looked fit n strong on debut, Johns was simply Far better than I thought he was, Fletched Myles looked like the textbook centre with speed - vision and class all on show, Tuilagi was already proven and done what he should - caused havoc and can hit, Weekes is the best utility 1 could wish for, Gordie at 9 was definitely the 1 who excited me most as his slick service through the ruck had forwards powering over the advantage line and he looked explosive from out of dummy half.....maybe premature, but 2023 -2024 - 2025 we just maybe building towards another Dynasty !!
A serious question Maxta but have you seen Latu Fainu play? The reason I ask is that he seemed to have a stellar year in HM 2 years ago. Since then he has been injured for long periods of time. I did not see the SG Ball game on the weekend but reports are that he was underwhelming. I have not seen him picked in junior rep footy teams (could be wrong) so I wonder why he is not on the radar of NSW junior rep selectors. Is he the real deal?

Weeks for mine, he's our backup merchant sniffing around the oppositions ruck area when tiredness creeps in.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4