Young Harper

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harper did some really good things and I liked his direct running and hitting holes. He is one for the future and we must give him a chance out there to improve.

Sell Parker.
I think having Harper and Funa compete for centre next year would suffice given we sign a couple wingers.

If we have Suli and sign one other gun, with Harper, Funa, Hopoate, Garrick competing for the other two positions we will probably be fine and make top 4 given no injuries.

We do have a fair bit of depth with no guns out wide. Wouldn’t mind cutting through the squad, signing a gun like Staggs and just letting who stays, stay.

Sell Parker.
I think having Harper and Funa compete for centre next year would suffice given we sign a couple wingers.

If we have Suli and sign one other gun, with Harper, Funa, Hopoate, Garrick competing for the other two positions we will probably be fine and make top 4 given no injuries.

We do have a fair bit of depth with no guns out wide. Wouldn’t mind cutting through the squad, signing a gun like Staggs and just letting who stays, stay.

Who would buy Parker? Nobody - he is ours in 2021. Is he signed 4 2022?

Sell Parker.

Yeah like this. Agree tho nobody will want Parker. I like him defensively but over the past couple months it’s just not enough now. Staggs is an incredible attacking option and can make a tackle but he cannot make defensive reads at all. Been watching this closely in the Broncs games and he’s all at sea when numbers are coming at him. I don’t think he’s a realistic option for us either.

What I saw from schuster last night, I wouldn’t be looking for a 6 like Foran. No point let’s develop this kid and bring him through, persevere with one of the two Cs as back up options.

Personally I’ve never been a big fan of Dylan in the maroon and white (dv issues, mouthy on field etc) I’d sell and use the $$$ elsewhere on say AJ or a back row option to replace thommo. Walker is a player we could shop and get a return on. He’s not a natural 6 anyway and in all honesty Centre is arguably the least important position in the team.

Just my opinion

I like Harper's Direct running, the tries he got were a result of that and we have barely been a threat out wide all season apart from some Suli moments. Its good to have a plan B in relation to Suli's absense!

Yeah like this. Agree tho nobody will want Parker. I like him defensively but over the past couple months it’s just not enough now. Staggs is an incredible attacking option and can make a tackle but he cannot make defensive reads at all. Been watching this closely in the Broncs games and he’s all at sea when numbers are coming at him. I don’t think he’s a realistic option for us either.

What I saw from schuster last night, I wouldn’t be looking for a 6 like Foran. No point let’s develop this kid and bring him through, persevere with one of the two Cs as back up options.

Personally I’ve never been a big fan of Dylan in the maroon and white (dv issues, mouthy on field etc) I’d sell and use the $$$ elsewhere on say AJ or a back row option to replace thommo. Walker is a player we could shop and get a return on. He’s not a natural 6 anyway and in all honesty Centre is arguably the least important position in the team.

Just my opinion
Staggs is pretty lost defensively i agree. Usually Des is a good defensive coach however... as an out and out centre tho, Staggs is still the best in the comp bar Joey Manu.

I think the foran claims are extremely stupid considering we have 2 guns in schuster and cust. I really don’t think we need a half... we need a winger, a hooker of first grade quality, and a second rower.

I’d never be happy with an injury to a player but Foran doing his peck yesterday could be a blessing for us.

For me, Zac Lomax is the archetypal centre. Tall, fast, skilful and a good goal kicker. His skill set reminds me of Michael O'Connor.
Huge Lomax fan too. He is close with them. He is probably more solid than Staggs... he actually reminds me a bit of Jamie Lyon (not the looks, obviously), but has a good boot, great hands, often draws the man. A good old fashioned playmaker styled centre.

I heard when Seibold was interviewed on the radio yesterday that Staggs has been at Brisbane since he was 13.

Regardless of what his contract situation is, I think any club would find it hard to prise him away from there, somehow I get the feeling he'd be pretty loyal to them.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4