WTF BARRETT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
I have been very critical of Barrett over the past couple of seasons and this year I thought perhaps he was turning the corner so I have been trying very hard to be positive (Perhaps more like less negative). Unfortunately I have been overwhelmed lately with a growing sense that there will be no "Premiership Window" for us anytime soon. It's not all Barrett's fault but his selections, bench rotation and roster management are a major contributor.

DCE is overpaid and his % of cap contract is contributing to the difficulties we are having with recruitment. He is a good player not a great player and he is sucking the life out of this club. A great player would have won the game for us against Newcastle in round 1 and last weekend against GC. He isn't the reason we lost, but a great player would have won us those two games and we would be 4-1.

I have been very critical of Barrett over the past couple of seasons and this year I thought perhaps he was turning the corner so I have been trying very hard to be positive (Perhaps more like less negative). Unfortunately I have been overwhelmed lately with a growing sense that there will be no "Premiership Window" for us anytime soon. It's not all Barrett's fault but his selections, bench rotation and roster management are a major contributor.

DCE is overpaid and his % of cap contract is contributing to the difficulties we are having with recruitment. He is a good player not a great player and he is sucking the life out of this club. A great player would have won the game for us against Newcastle in round 1 and last weekend against GC. He isn't the reason we lost, but a great player would have won us those two games and we would be 4-1.
Watch out Ralphie, The DCE brigade will be all over you for this statement. A banning is probably imminent..

In all seriousness your 100% correct. DCE is a good player but definitely not a great one. And his contract will restrict us for years to come. And before the Dce worshippers descend upon me, I don’t care who’s fault it is about his contract. The fact is it’s too long and it should never be tied to the % of the cap.

Watch out Ralphie, The DCE brigade will be all over you for this statement. A banning is probably imminent..

In all seriousness your 100% correct. DCE is a good player but definitely not a great one. And his contract will restrict us for years to come. And before the Dce worshippers descend upon me, I don’t care who’s fault it is about his contract. The fact is it’s too long and it should never be tied to the % of the cap.

That's what pisses me off about the whole "we need an organising 5/8" so he can play his game .
The guy is a 28yo rep halfback and club captain on a $hitload, if he can't control a game and win clutch moments? says it all really.

That's what pisses me off about the whole "we need an organising 5/8" so he can play his game .
The guy is a 28yo rep halfback and club captain on a $hitload, if he can't control a game and win clutch moments? says it all really.
Exactly Briza, I find it insane that our 5/8ths cop all the blame. He should be the General on the field and directing our attack and barking orders every play, he doesn’t.

Not saying that market forces are always the ideal mechanism to apply to things but D C E simply took advantage of the offers that clubs were prepared to pay him at his back flip stage . Would have stayed for less money many months earlier , also for less contract duration , but the Foran factor then came into play . Manly did not have to keep pursuing him but at the time was on balance still the best call to retain him and in any case , his contract is being supplemented by some considerable 3 rd party T P A' s . Just the length of the contract is questionable . Again he is not the complete elite player but still a very good one.

Look at Johnson for the Warriors. Hit and miss player but brilliant when he is given a bit of space. What has happened since Green arrived? He's playing like the champion he is. No good five eighth and all the pressure and opposition attention, is on you. Very few halves can handle that consistently.

Think about it. Most of Manly's premiership side had classy play making 5/8s. Fulton or Martin, Alan Thompson, Lyons, Foran, Lyon and Green last year. You need a top ranking playmaker at 5/8 to succeed.

Last edited:
Look at Johnson for the Warriors. Hit and miss player but brilliant when he is given a bit of space. What has happened since Green arrived? He's playing like the champion he is. No good five eighth and all the pressure and opposition attention, is on you. Very few halves can handle that consistently.

Think about it. Most of Manly's premiership side had classy play making 5/8s. Fulton or Martin, Alan Thompson, Lyons, Foran, Lyon and Green last year. You need a top ranking playmaker at 5/8 to succeed.
Agree 100%, which is why it was a mistake by the club to give him what he has been given. We won't be able to afford what he needs any time soon so we might as well have let him go to the GC and entered the market for replacements. There has been plenty of options since then, most of whom are performing strongly at their new club ala Hunt, Pearce etc.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11