WTF BARRETT

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here we have Api being mentioned as a possible SOO hooker
Croker goes off so what does TB do puts Hastings to hooker
Croker comes back on Api back to hooker manly score
Croker off API to 5/8 manly don’t score again
Begs the question Hastings a better hooker than Api ?
Hastings never to play 5/8 ??? WTF

Everyone saying Croker cost us the game or uate or the poor kicks. No. Trent Barrett cost us this game. To bring Croker back on so soon after the momentum we got from Hastings at hooker. The choice to put Api at 5/8 and Hastings to hooker and leave them there when Croker went off the second time. The decision to include Shaun Lane in the team at all, he's one of the laziest players I've ever seen. Barrett doesn't even rate Hastings as the third best half in the club. Honestly he should have been playing at full back all game with Wright on the wing because Jono Wright just doesnt have it. I've always supported Barrett I've given him the benefit of the doubt so many times and I truly believe he is a good morale and culture builder for the club. But he's just had his worst game in manly colours. Incredibly disappointed.

Everyone saying Croker cost us the game or uate or the poor kicks. No. Trent Barrett cost us this game. To bring Croker back on so soon after the momentum we got from Hastings at hooker. The choice to put Api at 5/8 and Hastings to hooker and leave them there when Croker went off the second time. The decision to include Shaun Lane in the team at all, he's one of the laziest players I've ever seen. Barrett doesn't even rate Hastings as the third best half in the club. Honestly he should have been playing at full back all game with Wright on the wing because Jono Wright just doesnt have it. I've always supported Barrett I've given him the benefit of the doubt so many times and I truly believe he is a good morale and culture builder for the club. But he's just had his worst game in manly colours. Incredibly disappointed.
So you didn’t see some of the team’s 2016 efforts?

Weakening two positions.

Croker and Uate have to be dropped. In fact I would release Uate and give his spot in the top 30 to someone else. Anderson, Tuha, Toutai, there are options. His salary would still count towards the cap but playing him is a liability.

For 5/8 Hastings has to get a chance, he is a half and Barrett's refusal to give him a chance is irritating. Wouldn't mind seeing what Cust can do or did we let him go?

Better learn his lesson soon. Cant afford too many losses early. Barrett has these stupid selections all the time.
He did it with walker at 5.8
He done it with brown all last yr and now with croker, croker is good but i debate Hastings is better
Matt wright on the bench, there was a game last year he picked one prop on the bench against a big pack when options were availiable

I hope Barrett is finally getting the point. You cant play conservatively with slow safe backs and win games. That's why the Dogs have been floundering for so long. Barrett has to bite the bullet and say OK lets take a few risks. Hopefully Tom T will be back next week, but there are three other back line positions I would be changing quickly. If Taufua is back that solves one position. If not I would have speedsters who are also safe under the high ball, in Tom Wright and Anderson on the wings (I think Anderson is eligible being a developmental player). I would have Hastings at 5/8. I would use Parker on the bench to cover backs and forwards

Why he brought croker back on so quick after his head knock got me baffled. Killed our momentum with that backward play the ball.
The team lifted when Hastings was on the field. The decision to take Hastings off and bring Croker back on at that time, just has me dumb founded. What on Earth does Baz see in Croker. It's round 5 and all he does is go to the blind side and leave Cherry doing way way way too much.

I dont think api is an 80 minute player. His quality can dip a bit. Moving him to 6 gives hm a bit of a rest considering the shuffle required today with croker

That was my take on the swich. I also think hastings adds a lot of momentum at hooker and is part of the game plan that usually pays off.

Its pretty obvious trent is either loathed to tinker with that part of the game, or he just does not see hastings as a pivot

There has been talk that hastings is on the outer team wise, maybe the issue is with cherry. Maybe hastings doesnt rate cherry

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8