Wrote to NRL's boss

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The Who said:
How may local stars have that 'western Sydney' club, Canterbury, developed recently into superstars?

I went through there team list the other day with a mate, players that debuted at other clubs.

1 Sam Perrett - bought from roosters
2 Mitch Brown - Bought from the Tigers
3 Josh Morris - Bought from Dragons
4 Chase Stanley - Bought from dragons
5 Corey Thompson
6 Josh Reynolds
7 Trent Hodkinson - bought from manly
8 Aiden Tolman - bought from melbourne
9 Michael Ennis (c) - bought from brisbane
10 James Graham - bought from england
11 Frank Pritchard (c) - bought from penrith
12 Tony Williams - bought from manly
13 Dale Finucane

Plus Inu, from the Warriors (even tho he's already on the outer there..lol) and was it Matua from the Eels, or Haleteu( spelling?) whose now injured......AND they're out there shopping madly trying somehow to buy success and pi*s away their soul.
The Dogs are the latest transit-lounge and will very rarely need to worry about looking after long-term loyal clubmen. That's why Greenburg and the NRL won't acknowledge fans' like us and @Ryan with his letter, much less act on it!
This genuine loyalty clause is common-sense on every level and long overdue; ESP for ten year's service for the one club.

Nice Letter Ryan

Could I suggest that everyone copy that letter and send it to David Smith. Get all your family members and friends that support the mighty Sea Eagles to do the same thing.

Would be great if the media like the footy show could pick it up and arrange a meeting for the supporters to meet with David Smith and have constructive dialogue. From what I have seen of him, he seems a reasonable man (may not be able to provide a solution however he will come to understand the will of every person that loves the game

The nrl will respond in their usual manner of........ Thanks for your letter, we value what fans and members have to say, we just chose to ignore anything of value as we are too busy enjoying swanning around the world doing our own unrelated research, all at your expense, blah, blah, blah....

Ryan,

Awesome letter. Beat me to it, as I was thinking of sending a letter as well. Great job.

I would have added details on the " loyalty" precedent that the preceding administration set. Call it the "Johns and Lockyer" principle.

The NRL had found reason to change the rules mid-season and allow a $500K payment on the books and another $500K outside the cap ... Reportedly.

The NRL had found it acceptable to only include $250K of Lockyer's yearly income within the cap. This was known and accepted by the NRL ... Reportedly.

All one club, 10 year plus players should be on the books for a maximum 250K per year. What the CLUB or third party agreements add to to that is their business as well as the loyalty and culture the club wants to create.

Ryan, I would love if you could resend your article to Smith again with all replies.

C'mon Mr NRL,

It's time to make your mark as the caretaker of the NRL.

Great job Ryan. Thanks for writing an excellent letter showing a combination of passion, statistics and common sense on behalf of our players and fans.

Ryan, probably one of the best well thought out posts I've seen.

I think it's important that we as Manly Fans don't just say 'well what's the point of doing this or that because the NRL wont care'. Now that's probably right, but let's at least try and then we can whinge. Personally I believe Greenburg will respond with the usual 'we need to take into account all the facts, not make any rash decisions, we are exploring all options...' you know the usual bs that he comes out with.

But I'd be more than happy to push this agenda with the NRL. And let the people's voices be heard. Let's start the campaign and email/write to the NRL.

Killer03 said:
Ryan, probably one of the best well thought out posts I've seen.

I think it's important that we as Manly Fans don't just say 'well what's the point of doing this or that because the NRL wont care'. Now that's probably right, but let's at least try and then we can whinge. Personally I believe Greenburg will respond with the usual 'we need to take into account all the facts, not make any rash decisions, we are exploring all options...' you know the usual bs that he comes out with.

But I'd be more than happy to push this agenda with the NRL. And let the people's voices be heard. Let's start the campaign and email/write to the NRL.

I agree 100% Killer. Post of the year in my opinion.

I believe it should be extended from 8 to 10 because it shouldn't be easy to accomplish.

Which is the next club after Manly that could be/has been affected? If no-one else is worried about it we have Buckley's.

Do we want to become like America where you just cheer for the jersey (as Seinfeld joked) since the players just come and go every year??

The culture at Manly is the envy of other clubs, and is a cheap poor imitation at the Family Club...Bulldogs...what a joke! The NRL and Commission want to instill this connection between fans and club....you have it morons!!! Look at the Sea Eagles and you already have it! But then the NRL place no value on it.

A previous poster (might have been on another thread) said about having union or AFL approach DCE, Foz etc to get the NRL off it's backside....is this what it takes??

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8