Writing on the wall for Toovey it seems

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Aren't people sick of losing? Do people think the players wouldn't have been consulted if as coaching change were to be made? Isn't anyone sick of our players claiming they want to play elsewhere because of opposition coaches?

Regardless of what happens, he'll always, and I mean ALWAYS remain a club legend.

Aren't people sick of losing? Do people think the players wouldn't have been consulted if as coaching change were to be made? Isn't anyone sick of our players claiming they want to play elsewhere because of opposition coaches?

Regardless of what happens, he'll always, and I mean ALWAYS remain a club legend.
Sh1t sad Ryan if u think one year, round 12, is losing. FFS what have we just been thru in the last 10 years. We now have a group of prima donas who believe they are bigger than the club...Trent Barrett will turn this around next week, not in a lifetime

Being objective we have won only 7 out of our last 19 competitive games , ever since before we played at Kogarah on the Monday night game in July 2014, where prior to that game Whatmouth had leaked that he, Matai and Brett Stewart wanted out and Foran was mentioned later.

The team that was so together pretty much ended after that performance at Kogarah. Since then we have seen what has unfolded and maybe the club want to put a stop to it.

It is so bloody sad that ultimately it will be Toovey who loses out.

As a fan I can cop our team losing as long as there is effort, some of the performances have really tested us fans but its a part of being a fan to see your club struggle every now and then.

Hard to know what to make of it all. Tooves is a club legend, 1 of the reasons I stayed supporting this club. If he got absolutely shafted, I'd be ropable and consider tossing membership in. I'd certainly stop buying any merchandise thru the Manly club and source that elsewhere if I wanted any

As for moving on to Barrett, I'd be prepared to give him a chance, but I'd imagine he would get a hiding on here on a weekly basis unless his winning record was 100% and all wins by 20 points or more

Personally I don't buy into the you have to have been a part of Manly to be a good coach. A good coach is a good coach, I'm sure Bennett would have produced results if he ever coached us. What you do need to have success as a coach is a good squad, and that is what has separated the success of the coaches more than if they were part of Manly

Sh1t sad Ryan if u think one year, round 12, is losing. FFS what have we just been thru in the last 10 years. We now have a group of prima donas who believe they are bigger than the club...Trent Barrett will turn this around next week, not in a lifetime

We've been poor in finals, WCC and trials under Tooves. We have also been poor around 8 weeks before last seasons finals. That's around 20-25 games straight given trials, nines, finals, season proper games.

We aren't in a great spot. If it were Peter Sharp, people would be calling for his balls on a plate.

We've been poor in finals, WCC and trials under Tooves. We have also been poor around 8 weeks before last seasons finals. That's around 20-25 games straight given trials, nines, finals, season proper games.

We aren't in a great spot. If it were Peter Sharp, people would be calling for his balls on a plate.
you are only concentrating on the time since the team became toxic Ryan....we have been pulled from pillar to post and it looks like it ain't gunna get any better, by all reports....the place is a shambles and its amazing anyone can get a result at the moment.

you are only concentrating on the time since the team became toxic Ryan....we have been pulled from pillar to post and it looks like it ain't gunna get any better, by all reports....the place is a shambles and its amazing anyone can get a result at the moment.

Yeah, good points mate. I guess I'm just looking for some kind of change. Injuries have played a huge part of coarse. Guys like Foran, Mateo & co. not getting on the park.

Ryan Peter sharp didn't make the finals 3 years in a row, finishing equal first last year before being crippled with injuries. He also would have got a lot more sympathy had 1/4 of his cap been on the sidelines all season.

Who would you replace him with?

Bennett = bigger failure at Newcastle
Clearly = choked big time and has had twice as long but still a loser
Hasler = struggling to make the 8 at best these days with only a few injured players
Bellamy = ****ing useless without cheating the cap

Lest face it your man is Ricky Stuart

Replacing Toovey with an inexperienced coach will be as good for us as replacing Bennett with Steven Price was for St George.
Big risk.

Yeah, good points mate. I guess I'm just looking for some kind of change. Injuries have played a huge part of coarse. Guys like Foran, Mateo & co. not getting on the park.
We are all looking for change mate hey...It just doesn't seem around the corner. I'm hurting like you and the rest of us....I just cant believe its happening to Manly.

Arko's recent comments sounded like a tap on the shoulder. Will be sorry to see Tooves go if true, an utter champion. But coaches are not known for their longevity. Any 1st grade coach knows the drill.

Given Arko's tap, and that Bozo is pulling the strings: that means 2 club legends who know their footy think Toovey should step aside. That alone should give everyone serious pause.

I'd prefer someone who was ex Manly as much as anyone, but if Barrett is a good coach and the best prospect then so be it.

Given Arko's tap, and that Bozo is pulling the strings: that means 2 club legends who know their footy think Toovey should step aside. That alone should give everyone serious pause.

I'd prefer someone who was ex Manly as much as anyone, but if Barrett is a good coach and the best prospect then so be it.

Yes good call. Tooves is one of my all time favs however the writing has been on the wall for sometime he has lost the players his time has come. I know we have always preferred to appoint within however the cupboard is pretty bare so I reckon Barrett would make a great coach.

There is no doubt Bozo has been send in there to assess whats really happening and maybe the playing group just do not fancy Toovey as coach.

I hope they treat Toovey right, cause to not do that will just continue this dreadful dysfunction that has crippled the club.

Hey? Where did i say that you were suggesting that he was going to a great club, or was going for anything other than money? You were implying that our problems somehow made his parra decision an 'untroubled' one. I reckon the guy's sh.tting himself for the reasons given.

I was not implying any of that I was stating he has made his bed and unless you can tell me otherwise seems happy (with the money) 2 lay in it.

Whether he is ****ting himself or not I couldn't care less. I'm for 1 happy 2 see the back of him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6