[Resurrected] Wrecked car could cost Manly Sea Eagles sponsorship

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ya gotta think the story could only come out of the club. And then ya gotta think it shows how royally pissed off they are with AFB.
That’s what ya gotta think.

I don't know anymore than the article .. but Sometimes these things are not about the fact that a player had an accident ... but from a sponsors perspective .. more about how the player and club handled it ...

Not sure what the fuss is about since AFB just handed the dealership some free exposure...

That's what I thought.

It's an accident. there's no suggestion of dui, gratuitous beer skolling (or sculling - dopey Aussies) or reckless music on the stereo.

I'd suggest the sponsor may not be doing that well in this covid age so used any excuse not to re-new.

I'm sure there's a sponsorship person in the club. Time to get to work.

(May I suggest Lamborghini?)
Motor industry actually fared very well during covid. Delivery was the only issue. My partner works for BMW and Toyota and they had a massive year

I think the drop could be substantial, 25-33%.

Too many people unemployed or under employed to pay for TV subscriptions, attend matches and have memberships. Reduced ground and club capacities all having a big affect.

It has to bite somewhere.

As for this story - it happened months ago and is hardly news.

Sponsors deal was up, and I am sure its not the first car that has been smashed while on loan, this club or others. . Insurance pays anyway.

The car itself is hardly a show piece vehicle, in fact its as ugly as sin and looks better smashed to me., at least it has character now. Sorry if I have offended anyone who owns one of these square people carriers.

I don't know man but apart from the service and travel industry most other things have picked back up and unemployment is dropping.

I recently put my self back on the job market at the end of last year and found it just as bouyant as just before covid. I was able to pick and choose between lots of opportunities and turn down some offers.

I think we actually fared quite well as a nation in its entirety

Motor industry actually fared very well during covid. Delivery was the only issue. My partner works for BMW and Toyota and they had a massive year

Well get her to sponsor this site then if they're rolling in da green!

Well get her to sponsor this site then if they're rolling in da green!
Speaking of sponsors...

Time for a sponsor break

Our Great Silvertails forum is brought to you by all the members on here that make it all possible

Please assist your Silvertails forum community

Signing up requires a few small steps
1 - go to https://silvertails.net/account/upgrades and purchase the 2021 tipping competition
2 - once complete go to Tipping Competition and click on the 2021 comp and then the "Join Button"
3 - once we start entering the draw, start tipping
Thank You !!!
s960_thank_you_sticky_note.jpg

Speaking of sponsors...

Time for a sponsor break

Our Great Silvertails forum is brought to you by all the members on here that make it all possible

Please assist your Silvertails forum community

Signing up requires a few small steps
1 - go to https://silvertails.net/account/upgrades and purchase the 2021 tipping competition
2 - once complete go to Tipping Competition and click on the 2021 comp and then the "Join Button"
3 - once we start entering the draw, start tipping
Thank You !!!
View attachment 16929

And we're down to only 2 mods rigging it this year!

woot!

If this is the best "garbage" they can write on our off season then they really are scrapping the bottom of the barrel looking for a negative story on Manly..Well done boys and I see they both have their name on the article, major scoop LMFAO
Shhhhhhh or touch wood

The car being written off is actually a blessing to the dealership as it is worth more to them smashed than it is second hand.

"bump"

I believe you! (Now) As I said in another thread.... I bought a new car too!

#covidboredom

"bump"

I believe you! (Now) As I said in another thread.... I bought a new car too!

#covidboredom
We are in the market for two new cars. Should flip our two for about 60k combined and then get two for a little more than that.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6