Worst thing about that performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Giving up on Dom Young twice, and letting him stroll across the deadball line to score under the posts, instead of out wide, was the icing on the cake of an obviously flat performance.
That’s one of those things you learn in the under/9’s. I still remember my coach back then. Mr Murphy. He obviously didn’t like it when the opposition scored. But if it was out wide and you gave up on the play…Wow!….we’d turn up on Tuesday for training and for any tries that weren’t chased to the death there was three extra laps of the oval. It didn’t matter whose fault it was, you were punished as a team.

I thought the knights did well in getting the ball onto the edge’s which is where the issues are with the team, Gagai made Parker and Garrick look ordinary when he got early ball.

Best did a similar job on Harper and Tui with what early ball he got.

The edges are a concern with Koula out and not much depth in the quarters.

I thought the knights did well in getting the ball onto the edge’s which is where the issues are with the team, Gagai made Parker and Garrick look ordinary when he got early ball.

I agree about Gagai, but I don’t think best was very good.

+1. Brailey made him look very ordinary, as did Mahoney in game 1. Croker missed 9 tackles against the Knights, irrespective of what he brings defensively, thats a lot of missed tackles. The service from Weekes was crisp and he brought speed and attacking intent. Things just seem to go in slow motion when Croker is at dummy half. There was a passage of play where he danced around half way and gave a hospital pass to Tommy T and it resulted in a poor 5th tackle kick. I even seemed to think Lawton was at least half decent last week against the Rabbits.
Im of the belief that maybe some people out there view GCKT's size as a real liability, but guys like Mahoney and Damien Cook of the similar mould and can hold their own despite their small stature.
That effect has been visible in our squad ever since Ballin moved to the Tigers. Parcell had a few good moments where he made us look like a premiership threat, then stabby had the same impact...

I'm really hoping GCKT can come in and cement a place as our starting 9 or at least the 14. We need a real hooker desperately, it's the most important position in the modern game imo.

Last edited:

They could do that because they were getting quick play the balls and good service.

Our biggest problem is we are carrying a few players who clearly are not first grade NRL players..
Harper
Johns
Tippytoes
Ben T

And then there are guys who play well above their natural ability but still not really NRL quality
Crocker
Parks

Not to mention plodders and ready for retirement players like
Boyle
Woods

There are 6 to 8 players that should never be on our team sheet, but they will be and it's no coincidence when there's a few of these names on our team sheet we will play substandard footy..

Reality people..

I really hope letting Fifita go doesn't smack us in the face, because right now hes better than any forward in that list above.

I love my team and will never not support them, have done so for over 47 years and there's one fact that always rings true, we as fans call it as we see it, there's no bias there's no political play or choice of words to keep the peace or play the " lets stay in everyone's good books at work " mentality, we as fans have been saying for years now that the players above should not be in our team because to us there's no pressure or favouritism.. if only the club looked at it and was actually honest im pretty sure they wouldnt pick these players either.
I would add Garrick to the list of 4. How good would it have been if we swapped Garrick for Dom? If only!

You’re kidding me right? Garrick has been one of our most consistent players for the last few years. He’s one of the best wingers in the comp and kicks at 80%
I don’t rate Dom Young as one of the best in comp and we all know what happened on the weekend. I know who i would have in my side if had a choice, it would the guy who got the 4 meat pies.
Garrick had no answer and far to soft.
We need a big clean out.

I don’t rate Dom Young as one of the best in comp and we all know what happened on the weekend. I know who i would have in my side if had a choice, it would the guy who got the 4 meat pies.
Garrick had no answer and far to soft.
We need a big clean out.
Yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Does anyone notice the difference between smart teams who manage the clock/game when they have a player in the sin bin or with 5 to go?!

We certainly have not been in the "smart" category for a long time now unfortunately!
Unfortunately I've been saying this for a long time NOT SMART enough and we paid for it again this week , very hard game to watch especially when i watched with a Parra supporter
We pay DCE a fortune and this is when he should stand up and calm the guys down to stop doing stupid **** and walk the opposition up field and also execute final tackle plays a lot better .
Very disappointing and does not fill me confidence for the coming weekend

It
That’s one of those things you learn in the under/9’s. I still remember my coach back then. Mr Murphy. He obviously didn’t like it when the opposition scored. But if it was out wide and you gave up on the play…Wow!….we’d turn up on Tuesday for training and for any tries that weren’t chased to the death there was three extra laps of the oval. It didn’t matter whose fault it was, you were punished as a team.
It’s a bit of a worry when you end up drawing the game considering one or two more difficult kicks potentially results in a win

Really poor discipline with crucial nothing penalties giving the knights a heads up. We will also seem to lack a game plan to close games out. DCE sometimes gets into the habbit of getting caught on the 4th tackle therefore ruling himself out of the last tackle play. That is inexcusable.

I keep on saying that this team will loose games because of the silly errors they make and injuries as shown in yesterday's game with some of our replacements performances .Every error we made whether it's a penalty ,6 again or dropped ball , they end up scoring or close to .We are playing the premiers this week and we do not want any errors at all .Let's go Manly .

Getting the Schu back will solve our first problem we had with Johns , problem 2 we definitely need to replace Harper with anyone else probably weekes who I think will be as good as Koula at centre.
I also think the Souths game had an impact to many of our players performance this week unfortunately it was another long tough 90 minute game which may have a domino impact to next weeks game against Penrith - so now is the time when good coaching comes in to lift this team and make the right (BEST) player changes
Lets Go Manly

What the hell was Oca thinking as well as weeks FMD , stupid play for no gain
I can understand Weekes’ strip attempt, as he was put on to make a game-changing break (which he did with his try) but yeah, Olakau’atu seemed to have saved all of his brain snaps for that game as I’ve never seen him do stuff like that before.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4