Worst thing about that performance

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You have a reputation to look after.
Hmm yeah, sort of... maybe... :giggle: @:D

02de1754661536278250c169d28437ce.jpg

Getting the Schu back will solve our first problem we had with Johns , problem 2 we definitely need to replace Harper with anyone else probably weekes who I think will be as good as Koula at centre.
I also think the Souths game had an impact to many of our players performance this week unfortunately it was another long tough 90 minute game which may have a domino impact to next weeks game against Penrith - so now is the time when good coaching comes in to lift this team and make the right (BEST) player changes
Lets Go Manly
I think Tui to centre and Vaega on the wing. Its not perfect, but anything is better than having Harper on the field.

This golden point fatigue **** is rubbish.
Play 80 minutes weekly …..no problems,
play 83 minutes and teams are gassed next week. FFS what a load of crapola

manlys season start has been lengthy, bye round 2 , with a 12 day break, then a 9 day break.they havnt even really hit full time yet.

Jake nearly 30??
God life goes quick as you get older.

Hard to believe but Jake turns 30 next February. He actually made his debut against Penrith in Rd.26 of 2013. It was his only first grade game of the year. Not including this year (touch wood), every year since he has played 20+ games per season.

Fun fact. DCE has played 20+ games per year every year since he made his debut in Rd.1 of 2011. Except for 2016, he only played 19 games.

I think we also need to appreciate that the start of this years comp has, for the most part, been very unpredictable. Excluding the 2 teams at either end of the table, the bulk of the teams are playing similar footy. The reality is, it's hard yakka winning each weekend, no matter who is playing. It's bloody hard to keep the level of intensity needed every week and if one team is slightly down when the other is up, then the unexpected will happen. That's not to say we don't have some player/position issues to resolve. But injuries as usual, are causing us some probs. But that's also the case for some other teams. If we can get away with minimum 50% wins from the next 6 games, we'll probably find we're still in good shape coz I think most teams will have there ups and downs. The standard of footy so far has been pretty good and hence the comp is bunched together. Once the inevitable injuries and form drops start to set in, the table might start to stretch a bit. One thing for sure tho, we need to get our players and positions sorted soon so that we can do the best we can to NOT become one of those teams that starts getting left behind.
Yeah, agree, better to have these problems now rather than after the SOO period, this to me is when the comp really gets down and dirty. Lots of up's and downs still to come for everybody, it's all about how you manage the season in the end.

Anyways, the resolve to fight back from 12 down to lead before that brain snap was gutsy and something we don't do in 2022, but the test this week Vs Penrith at Penrith is what I'm keen to see, hopefully with a fresh, angry, hungry Manly side.
Something we did not do in 2022 Perspective ....
In 2022 we made comebacks that were capable of winning against bottom of the 8 teams
This season our fight back comeback against the bottom of the 8 team the troubled Knights we could only manage a draw in our very celebrated Mudgee home game that we were rightly favourites to win and we defied the odds for all the wrongs reasons

I hope Seibold can give us fans a good reason to smile against the Powerful Premier Panthers

Something we did not do in 2022 Perspective ....
In 2022 we made comebacks that were capable of winning against bottom of the 8 teams
This season our fight back comeback against the bottom of the 8 team the troubled Knights we could only manage a draw in our very celebrated Mudgee home game that we were rightly favourites to win and we defied the odds for all the wrongs reasons

I hope Seibold can give us fans a good reason to smile against the Powerful Premier Panthers
Hey Bozo, good to see you back.
I agree to an extent with your post, however I feel the human body has plenty to do with it and that Souths game for anyone who understands the recovery of a finals type game played a week earlier would get a big part of why the lethargic efforts at time were on display.
My best example would be the other team involved in that game (Souths) were Very flat and probably the most obvious example, was Cam Murray who imo is the most energetic player in the NRL was struggling and looked sluggish, so no suprise to see our players doing it tough also.
So with this being the case I feel the fightback was gutsy and something that we would not have done in 2022....like everyone else not happy with a draw, but it's important to put things in perspective and take into consideration the fatigue and players carrying knocks from the war a week earlier.

Hey Bozo, good to see you back.
I agree to an extent with your post, however I feel the human body has plenty to do with it and that Souths game for anyone who understands the recovery of a finals type game played a week earlier would get a big part of why the lethargic efforts at time were on display.
My best example would be the other team involved in that game (Souths) were Very flat and probably the most obvious example, was Cam Murray who imo is the most energetic player in the NRL was struggling and looked sluggish, so no suprise to see our players doing it tough also.
So with this being the case I feel the fightback was gutsy and something that we would not have done in 2022....like everyone else not happy with a draw, but it's important to put things in perspective and take into consideration the fatigue and players carrying knocks from the war a week earlier.
Hey Sexy Maxy , always good to hear your passionate Manly views

I am a trainer and I train with finals intensity 6 days a week and I have one day off and go to church to repent for my sins :) So I Understand about body burn out

After only 4 games this season and a bye break we are far from being burnt out and we should be more resilient than that

The tough premiership winning team perspective ...
This is what tough Manly Premiership winning teams are made of my good friend Maxta

The grand final replay was Manly's sixth game in 24 days with several Sea Eagles players having painful injections to get onto the field. Second-rower Terry Randall had a total of six injections - four in a shoulder and two in a groin.
THE MORAL OF THE STORY
EXCUSES NEVER WIN PREMIERSHIPS !!!
eadie-krilich-mooney.jpg

Hey Sexy Maxy , always good to hear your passionate Manly views

I am a trainer and I train with finals intensity 6 days a week and I have one day off and go to church to repent for my sins :) So I Understand about body burn out

After only 4 games this season and a bye break we are far from being burnt out and we should be more resilient than that

The tough premiership winning team perspective ...
This is what tough Manly Premiership winning teams are made of my good friend Maxta

The grand final replay was Manly's sixth game in 24 days with several Sea Eagles players having painful injections to get onto the field. Second-rower Terry Randall had a total of six injections - four in a shoulder and two in a groin.
THE MORAL OF THE STORY
EXCUSES NEVER WIN PREMIERSHIPS !!!
eadie-krilich-mooney.jpg
Yo Bozo, as mentioned earlier great to see you back - I was gunna send out the Silveratils search party my friend.
I too have family involved in gym's for over 30 years and have had every possible training personally at a professional level.
I can promise you fatigue is a real thing that effects performance and while I agree mental toughness seemed at times a little off in the Newcastle game, to play a ferocious game so early in the season a week earlier 100% effected these boy's physically, in turn effecting the performance.
I used Cam Murray as the perfect example, as he is a super fit modern day player and he was struggling big time and I can assure you he is a true competitor so was "not" his attitude, which is pretty strong evidence that the Manly/South's game did in fact have an adverse effect on the players.

Geez everyone calm down.

We had a bad game. It happens. We played poorly, yet we still managed a draw against Newcastle who played pretty well. It's not great, but the sky hasn't fallen just yet.
We had a bad game, but its the same usual suspects that have bad games apart from Olakautu who had a rare outing of sort.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8